Girls Gone Viral

Famous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin’s eyes went wide as saucers. “What the hell do you mean I went viral!?” He quickly sat next to Jongin, snatching the laptop away.

He refreshed the page, horrified to see another 5.000 views pop up before his eyes. “What is... h-how is this even possible?” He scrolled, not even reading the thousands of comments, only determining their existence.

”This is so cool! Look how many people around the world have seen your video!” Jongin pointed to a part of the screen. “Americans, Russians, South Africans, wow. Hey, where is Lebanon?”

”Jongin!” Taemin shut the laptop. “This is not cool! That video was supposed to be just for me.”

”You posted it online!”

Taemin glared at his friend, hitting him with a pillow as he opened the laptop back up. “Don’t you think I know that? Why did it blow up like that?”

“I don’t know! You should be happy! You’re famous!”

Taemin rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right. It’s just a dumb video.” Jongin was so dramatic sometimes.

”Seriously! Look,” Jongin pulled his phone out, opening an app. “Dancing Machine is trending on Twitter.”

Taemin grabbed the phone quickly, eyes widening again. “Shut. Up.”

“I can’t believe it, my best friend is celebrity.” Jongin lied back in the bed. “Imagine how many clubs we’ll get into now.”

”Not likely.” Taemin mumbled, still scrolling through Twitter. He didn’t even like to go to clubs now, why would that change? Nevertheless, Jongin was already lost in his fantasies of meeting celebrities and partying on yachts.

Taemin was overwhelmed. The switched through apps, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. There were so many posts abouts him, complementing his dancing. So many GIFs taken from the video. People were praising his looks, his moves, trying to find out who he was. It was super surreal.

Jongin pulled Taemin out of his endless scrolling by quite literally pulling the phone away from him. “We have to get ready for class, or we’re gonna be late!” He got up from the bed, heading toward the door.

”W-wait, Jongin, let me just-!”

”You’ll get the phone back after you shower. I’ll pick you up, Dancing Machine.” Jongin grinned and pointed finger guns, before exiting.

Taemin sat there for a moment, just blinking. ”What?” he asked himself incredulously.

Despite the temptation to, Taemin didn’t pick his laptop back up, deciding to just listen to Jongin and go get ready for class.

True to his word, Jongin picked Taemin up 20 minutes later so they could walk to class together. Jongin let him borrow his phone again.

”Minho hyung called me. He said that he’ll meet you outside the classroom to give you your phone back.” Jongin explained as he and Taemin left the dorm building.

Taemin just nodded, he was only half listening. He was back to scrolling, back to seeing his video posted everywhere. What was Minho going to think?? He would probably just be happy for him. Did no one but Taemin find this weird?

The academic building wasn’t too far from the dorm, about a five minute walk. Jongin couldn’t stop talking about the video and great comments that he saw about Taemin. It did feel pretty good to know that people enjoyed his dancing, especially in a video that he was so unsure about.

As they arrived at the classroom, they did see Minho lingering outside in his soccer scrimmage gear, looking antsy.

”Guys!” he called upon seeing them. “Sorry, I forgot it was in my pocket. It’s ringing off the hook and you have a ton of notifications. Is everything okay?” He handed the phone off.

”Our Taeminnie is famous!” Jongin just couldn’t contain his excitement. Minho looked to Taemin in confusion.

”Remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter