Pilot

Famous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Huff! That exam was so hard!" Jongin whined, stretching his arms over his head as he followed his friends into 2J Cafe. The group entered the warm building through a narrow door, a bell ringing over their heads and the scent of fresh brewed coffee filling their noses. The foursome, very familiar with this, their designated hang out spot for 2 years running, made their way to their usual round booth. They heard a familiar 'welcome!' ring out from their favorite shop owners. Members of the group returned the greeting with smiles and waves.

”Every single time you take an exam, you say it’s ‘so hard.’ Why don’t you just study?” Kibum rolled his eyes while he slid into the booth next to Jongin, across from Minho and Taemin.

”Studying is hard too! I thought I’d only be dancing when I got to college, but there’s so much reading.” Jongin flopped his head on the table and Taemin patted it gently in a way to comfort his friend.

”Yah, Taemin-ah, how do you think you did?” Jongin asked, the question coming out funny as half of his face was smooshed against the table.

”Oh... better than you, I’m sure.” Taemin answered honestly, a teasing smile on his lips, gaining the laughter of the other two at the table.

Jongin turned his head so the front of his face was against the table, muffling a defeated, “Yahhh.”

”Why don’t you have Taemin tutor you?” Minho suggested, arm rested around the shoulders of his boyfriend.

“I try to help him study but he doesn’t focus.” Taemin emphasized more into Jongin’s direction, than Minho’s.

Jongin shot his head up to defend himself. “Because! Who cares about origins of contemporary tap dancing!? All that matters is if I can do the actual dance.” He pouted, slumping back in the seat.

No one had a chance to reply before they were greeted by Jonghyun, co-owner of 2J and best barista, who made his way over during their conversation. 

“You’re back!” Jonghyun beamed with a wide smile, his hands clasped.

Minho chuckled in response. “What do you mean? We’re here everyday, hyung.”

Jonghyun’s smile quickly turned into a pout. ”You weren’t here yesterday.”

Taemin spoke up. ”We went to try a new sushi place!”

Jonghyun scoffed, almost offended at the word ‘sushi’ itself. He scooted himself into the seat beside Kibum, much to the dismay of the latter. “Bah, Sushi? Yah, you guys, don’t leave us for sushi. We can add sushi to the menu here! Jinki!” he called out behind him.

Seconds later, a busy looking Jinki appeared from the kitchen of the store and made his way to the booth after locating the source of the call.

”Jonghyun, we have a lot of custom- Oh? You guys are back!” Jinki, 2J’s other co-owner, smiled in pleasant surprise.

The boys at the table chortled. ”You guys make it sound like we’ve been gone for weeks.” Key had a brow raised in amusement.

Jinki joined them in laughter, resting his hands on Jonghyun’s shoulders. “When you four come here as much as you do, even one day off is alarming.”

”They were out having sushi. We can start serving that here, can’t we?” Jonghyun looked up.

”What are you, crazy? Sushi at a cafe? We’re supposed to bring customers in, not drive them away!”

The four students watched the pair, fully enjoying the interaction. Watching those two bicker was a big part of why they always came back.

”Come on, old man! We can be original! We can be pioneers!”

”Yah, what are you talking about ‘pioneers’? Let the boys go eat sushi outside! As long as they always come bring their bucks back home. Right, boys?” The guys agreed in a chorus of yes’s. “See?”

”But jagiya-!“

”Ah, ah.” Jinki leaned down and pecked Jonghyun’s forehead. “Let’s get back to work.”

“Fine, but when they leave us for good, it’s on your head.” Jonghyun grumbled and skulked back off to prepare some orders. Jinki just shook his head at Jonghyun’s cuteness, watching his lover’s backside as he walked off.

“Usual?” Jinki asked the table, who nodded in return. He turned to leave when he remembered.

”Oh! Minho-ya, how was yesterday’s match?”

“We got ‘em, 4-1.”

“Damn! And you?”

”All four.” Minho smirked proudly.

”Attaboy.” Jinki grinned, fist-bumping the younger before heading back to the kitchen. Taemin snuggled further under Minho’s arm. Though Taemin didn’t know much about soccer, it made him feel really good to have a boyfriend who was such a winner. Not too soon after, Jonghyun was back with everyone’s usual orders, still taking some time out to chat with the fellas and give Taemin’s cheek a little pinch.

As everyone got back to chatting about professors, classmates, campus news and the like, Taemin pulled out his phone, silently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter