Chapter 2 — I'll Be There For...

Free Lattes?

“If I could be any of the Friends characters, I think I’d be Phoebe,” Hyoyeon declares while cradling her flat white. Minseok thinks about it. “The blonde hair, the flirty camaraderie with Wufan, and distaste for organization? Mm, I see that,” Minseok says, while handing another customer their regular latte. “Have a nice day! Uh… interesting observation, Minseok. Who would I be?”, Junmyeon calls out to the customer, washing his hands before he joins the group at the counter. Taeyeon tilts her head while studying Junmyeon, taking a sip of her earl grey before she answers, “Gunther.” “Tae, you’re a ,” Junmyeon throws his wadded up paper towel at Taeyeon, which is slightly damp from drying his hands. “Number 1: you’re gross! Number 2: Gunther owns a café! You’re, like, his Korean twin,” Taeyeon sweeps a hand into the air. Junmyeon rolls his eyes, before gesturing to Minseok. “Why can’t Min be Gunther? He also runs the café!” Hyoyeon shrugs, “Minseok is Ross.” “Wow, that’s almost as bad as being Janice,” Minseok holds a hand to his chest in mock offence. “Wellllll…”, Hyoyeon, Junmyeon and Minseok all glance at Taeyeon. It takes half of a Joey Tribbiani-style minute before she understands.

“Wow, you guys.”