Chapter 1 — Ludo and Fridays

Free Lattes?

“It’s Friday night, and we’re stuck here, waiting for Sooyoung? When I could be out doing some shots and flirting with cute guys?”, Taeyeon puts her head in her hands. Junmyeon stifles a laugh, not looking up from his phone screen. “She’ll be here, soon. Just a few more train stops.” “Yeah, and, I still don’t trust going to clubs. It might be winter, but, with the amount of drunk clubbers? That’s a breeding place for corona!”, Hyoyeon shudders. “Pussyyyyyyyyy,” Taeyeon hisses. “Yes… yes… , nooooooo,” Minseok wails before slamming his fist on the counter. “Ludo should not be that serious of a game, Min,” Junmyeon claps a hand on Minseok’s back, but, Minseok is shooing him away. “I came in second! My first place streak is going out the window!”, Minseok grunts in frustration. “Minseok, you don’t even play in multiplayer mode. You play with bot—“, Taeyeon is interrupted by the front door closing. “Howdy, brethren,” Sooyoung takes off her coat before draping it across one of the chairs. “Took your sweet time, eh?”, Junmyeon grins. “Train delays. Sydney’s public transport system is pure garbage! Anyway,” Sooyoung brings out a small paper bag.

“Original or blueberry?”, she grins, holding up two bottles of soju.