2: Destiny makes me smile

rEALITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"huh? Is this a prank, are there cameras around?"

The older woman cannot believe what she heard. It's even impossible to believe it coming from someone she doesn't know.

"if you can't believe me, try looking at your contacts"

The short haired woman said confidently and Yongsun followed despite the suspicion.

"wait, who are this people? Is this really my phone?"

She looked at the stranger with disbelief.

"so I was right"

"I still can't process this but why is this happening? Is this for real?"

The stranger asked the woman to come with her as it is not something to be discussed anywhere.

While they were walking, Yongsun was shocked with her surroundings, now realizing the changes at the neighbourhood she knew.

"this store wasn't here before and why is that person living there what I know is-"

"you just realized it now?....Well I can't blame you I was dumber than you in the past and I guess a situation like this only happens in movies"

The stranger spoke to get rid of the awkwardness between them and it wakes the other woman's curiosity once more.

"if this is an alternative universe then why is the store that we came from is still there? I know that store for so long and some places didn't change"

The stranger turned at the impatience woman.

"welI I don't know about this world that much, but what I know is when someone from the original universe holds a strong emotion or will into something for example the store you said, then it will not change or disappear in here. This universe holds our emotion and was created with it"

The short haired woman understood the confusion on Yongsun's face.

"I will further explain in detail when we get there" so she claimed.

They stopped walking in the front of a rich looking house yet simple and minimalist.

"this is where I live" She opened the gate and they walked for a few before they reached at the door.

"you can sit there, I will bring you a water"

Yongsun's eyes wondered around, the house was big enough for a family but it was obvious that only one person lives in because of the lack of things.The older woman saw a lot of pictures on a frame however, pictures besides the owner of the house caught her attention for its questionable shots. As if it was taken secretly.

"what are you looking at?"

Yongsun was startled at the short haired woman who was standing near her.

"you scared me. I was just looking around sorry and thanks for the water"

The older woman glances at the pictures once more before drinking nervously that the stranger didn't fail to notice.

"you're probably thinking why I have weird photos of a woman am I right? I'm not a creep I swear she's just someone I know from our universe but she doesn't know me here"

"oh...then why don't you talk to her again instead of watching from distances?"

The older woman became less tensed.

"we will get in there, don't need to rush but first I will only explain what I know"

The short haired woman sits on the other side and picked a photo album from the table.

"I'm a writer and not that wealthy from our universe, my pen name is Hwasa and my real name is Ahn Hyejin but in here, I'm Kang Hyejin from a rich family, a business woman who lives alone and spoiled by her parents"

Hyejin showed some pictures in the photo album, pictures of business deals, vacation at foreign countries and such.

"it's completely different...but I don't understand? Did you become one with yourself here?" The older woman leaned closer to listen.

"I guess something like that, my theory is that my alternative self has it's own life but it was forged to oppose our universe. Then I happened to cross the boundaries and my alternative self is unconscious right now while I'm living with this body so that also applies to you" 

"you mean I'm on somebody else's body? What will happen to our original body? And how did we even get here and how can we go back?"

Yongsun chatted and her head is filled with the thoughts of not being able to go back again.

"I tried learning things here for a long time and I still don't know the answer to some of that, try to think about it carefully how did you get here? Because I don't know either unless we try to find something in common" Hyejin asked.

"well...I fell asleep?" an obvious lie.

"you think, is that all?"

"I don't know.....I don't want to be reminded that I fought with Moonbyul and I hurt her with my harsh words and she left me... I was a mess and everything but I deserve it...then I fell asleep and woke up here" The older woman felt emotional just by thinking about it.

"I think we are really similar who deserves all of this"

"what do you mean? Do you know how we can go back?" Yongsun glances with hopes.

"no, but I discovered that we are both hell of a terrible lover" Hyejin laughs with a hint of sarcasm.

"I also did something really bad with the love of my life and it turns to a wrong direction. I became depressed to the point I can't sleep so, I drank a lot of sleeping pills...maybe because we wanted to escape the reality so much that it brings us here"

Her smile disappeared.

"it was her right? That blue haired woman in those pictures?"

The older woman observed the pictures she mentioned earlier.

"do you know the saying that when you love someone so hard, you can also cause them pain that much. So I decided not to hurt her anymore at least not on this world...all I can do is to watch from afar"

Yongsun could clearly see the hopeless love in Hyejin's eyes.

"it was the woman earlier at the store right? I mean she is your girlfriend that you have mentioned" The short haired woman shifted the topic.

"it was her but how did you know?"

"you said her name earlier, and it looks like you were about to cry when she left"

"I can't lose her that's all I know" The blonde spoke out.

"why are we having this kind of convo when we don't even know each other, come to think of it I haven't even asked for your name" Hyejin giggled softly.

"r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter