Chapter 06

Living with Vampires [TWICExOC/READER]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So we went to the city. The apartment was indeed a penthouse. The building was according to the windows eight floors high and surrounded by similar ones. They didn't look older than two years.

This must be some newly built area for rich people.

The drive was anything but quiet. The car was a big black van for I think 10 people. Jeongyeon was in the driver's seat and I one the passenger's seat. Dahyun and Sana were far in the back and Mina and Tzuyu in the middle.

Sana and Dahyun were screaming and laughing with each other. It was like they had their own "little" party in the back. At first it was quite amusing but as time passed it got more and more annoying.
Although Jeongyeon scolded the two girls some time, they didn't really care and kept going. She gave up in the end.

Half an hour later we finally arrived.
After Tzuyu stepped out, I saw her taking some earplugs out of her ears.

That's one way to deal with those hyperactive girls.

"I'm sorry for the noise." Was the first thing Jeongyeon said when she stepped next to me.
"I'm curious how you keep up with them, noona."
"I don't. But they are so cute that I can't be mad at them. They are just enjoying life."
"I guess so. Anyway, where are we going?"
"First we get you a haircut." I wanted to jump in, but she cut me instantly off as soon as I tried to open my mouth. "No! Don't complain! As I said, you have to pay it off."
"And how?"
"You'll be working at our restaurant."
"Uh what? You have a restaurant?"
"Yep. I think you'll be a good cook."
"I should cook for you? Don't you have one? Wouldn't I steal someone's place?"
"It's just us nine who are working there and well, not anybody is suitable as a cook." She then looked over to Dahyun and Sana.

They were holding their hands and spinned in a circle, squealing like little girls.
"Can you imagine one of these cooking?"
"Well..."
"Or Chaeyoung."
"What about her?"
"One time she almost burnt our old house down. She got hungry at night and wanted some midnight snack. So she tried to make some sausages. In the end we got all woken up by the fire alarm. I mean, who s it up to fry some sausages in a pan."
"Wow, okay."
"And only Jihyo and I really have some talent to cook."
"I see. Well, I'm up for it. It's the least I can do to pay you back."
"Great. So let's go."
"But why do you have a restaurant?"
"First, we still need to make money. Secondly, we have to appear normal to the general public. And by having our own business without other employees, it's much easier to move to the city or country when we have to leave. We let the rental agreement expire and tell the people around us, that we move to another city or so to try something new."
"Ah, I see, makes sense."

We started walking and I almost forgot what I wore. Only the suspicious looks of the other pedestrians made me remember it. I tried my best to hide behind the girls but even Tzuyu was one head shorter than me.

After maybe five minutes we arrived in front of a hair salon. Jeongyeon went in first, then the two loud girls, followed by Mina and Tzuyu. The both latters were really quiet all the time and rarely talked.

Mina seemed like a very shy and introverted person around the others. Sometimes wanting to talk or join the conversation, but not having the courage to.
Tzuyu on the other hand just didn't seem to care.

I went in last and Jeongyeon was already talking to a hair stylist. It was a blonde guy and he looked really stylish. I liked his fashion sense.
He wore a white T-Shirt that reached almost to his knees, black ripped jeans and white sneakers. Simple, but good.

As Jeongyeon pointed in my direction, his eyes grew wide and he tried his best to hide his laugh, but failed eventually. I couldn't blame him.
After some time he composed himself and came over to me.
"I'm sorry, mate. I didn't mean to be rude, but-"
"No problem, it's okay. I know I look hilarious."
"Make him fresh. He'll soon start working at the restaurant." Jeongyeon then said.
"I think I know what I'm going to do. By the way I'm Felix." We shook hands.
"Seungjae."

Then I sat down on a chair and he put a robe over me.
"Okay, I think we should trim the sides to 4mm and the top gets also shorter, more modern. And how about a bit of color?"
"Color?!" I asked, shocked.
"Don't worry. Maybe only some blonde or grey streaks. Nothing too crazy."
"I don't know."
"Yes, of course!" Sana suddenly stood next to us. "I'm sure it will look good on you, oppa! Come on!"

O-oppa? She's way older than me. And why does she make my heart beat faster saying that? And this smile...

While I was still contemplating, she tilted her head slightly and showed me the puppy eyes. A sight I couldn't withstand.
"Okay fine, do what you think would fit me, Felix-ssi."
"Please, you can call me hyung. A friend of these girls is also my friend." He assured me with a bright smile.

A little while later the blonde finished up. Sana and Dahyun convinced me to close my eyes so it would be a surprise at the end. After Felix told me I could open them, they almost popped out.
I never thought that a style like this would fit me. This kind of haircut was usually only sported by idols or models. I always went the safe route and didn't experiment much with my looks.

That I was surprised would be the understatement of the century. It looked really nice. The sides were short and the top was styled up and the tips were in a dark blonde, contrasting from my black hair.

        

"Omo! You look so good. Do you like it?" Dahyun asked me enthusiastically. "Isn't he handsome Tzuyu?" But the tall girl only looked me up and down and scoffed.

I blushed a bit at Dahyun's comment. "Yeah I like it. Never thought it would suit me. Really good job, hyung."

Only God knows why, but after I said that, my gaze landed on Mina. She seemed spaced out looking at me. After a short moment she looked away and smiled cutely.

Why is my heart always going crazy when I look at her? I'm not falling for her, am I? I can't. She's A vampire after all. And Sana too. Ugh, my hormones are going crazy. I'm not even over Gahyeon, I can't be so soon.

"Now we only need to get rid of the beard." Felix interrupted my train of thoughts. "I'll call Nako over to shave you. I have another appointment over there." He pointed to a chair a few positions away from me, with a woman in her 30s in it."You got here just in time so I could squeeze you in."
He said goodbye and as if by command a little girl/woman jumped into my sight of line. She was merely taller than an Elementary School kid.

"Konnichiwa, Nakodesu!" (Hello, I'm Nako."
"Konnichiwa watashi no chisana Nako." (Hello my little Nako.) Sana jumped at the little woman.

Oh, Japanese?

"Ne, watashi wa chisaku arimasen!" (Hey, I'm not small.) Nako pouted and she was as adorable as she was tiny (A/N too many jokes about her height?).
"Uhm, you're Japanese?" I asked.
Sana turned her attention to me after patting the little hairdresser's head. "Mhm. Mina, Momo and me are Japanese. Nako here as well. Tzuyu is from Taiwan."
"I see."

Then Nako came closer. "Okay let's get rid of that thing in your face. It really doesn't suit you."
First I wanted to ask her how she could do it. The chair I was sitting in was way too high for her. But out of nowhere she kicked the chair and must've activated some kind of mechanism.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter