Chapter 00

Living with Vampires [TWICExOC/READER]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Son Seungjae and this is the story of how I met nine Vampires.
But before I start I´d like to clarify some clichés and stuff I learned while living with them.

1. They are not immortal. They just have a different kind of DNA. They grow older, but at a much lower speed than humans. About 10 times slower.
So a vampire whose body is now in their twenties is usually 200 and something years old.
But it is true that their injuries heal faster.

2. Yes, they need blood to survive. Not necessarily human blood, but that is the most healthy one for them.
Ever heard of Xenotransfusion? Well scientists are working on the procedure to use pig blood for blood tranfusion for humans because their red blood cells are similar to them of humans. But at the moment it is not necessary because enough humans are willing to donate blood.
So Vampires drink animal blood, especially pig blood. because it is very similar, but nothing is as healthy, and tasty, to them as human blood.
Humans can survive without water for three days and without food for three weeks. It´s about the same for vampires, only that they need blood in addition.
They crave blood like humans crave water. The problem is that humans don´t have to kill someone or something to get water, when they are dehydrating.
The worst thing a vampire can do is going into the public on it´s third day without blood.

3. Yes, they have fangs. Usually they are retracted and they only extend them to feast of a body.
When retracted they are slightly sharper and longer than humans canines. When you meet one on the streets, you´d never notice them unless you´d really look for it and pay attention. But even then no common human would assume he or she is talking to a vampire.
The teeth have one very special characteristic, but more on this later.

4. No, they don´t die in the sunlight, but yes it´s uncomfortable for them to stay in the sun for too long. But that´s because of their eyes. They evolved to see better in the dark, therefore they take in more light.

5. Speaking of the eyes: the only way to recognise a vampire, without extended fangs, is by their eyes. They have nearly completely black eyes with a small circle around the pupils, which is differencing in color from individual to individual. When they experience strong emotions like anger, happiness or lust, the circle takes over the complete eye, resulting in bright colored eyes. The easiest way to describe that transformation would be, that it looks like a whole universe is created in them.
They can hide it with contacts but before the invention of the modern contacts in the 1930s/1940s, vampires were very easy to detect.

6. Yes, they die when their heart gets pierced with a stake. But, duh, who wouldn´t die from that.

7. Yes, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter