Chapter 3

The Perils of Being Young
Please log in to read the full chapter

After slamming the door on Byulyi, Yongsun went radio silent on the other girl for the rest of the day. On Monday, Byulyi parked herself in front of Yongsun’s dormitory with the intention of catching her girlfriend before her morning lecture. However, their entire fifteen-minute walk to the university campus was uneventful. Yongsun had refused the sandwich and flowers Byulyi prepared and continued giving her the cold shoulder. Although Byulyi was disappointed and confused, she swept it under rug and convinced herself that maybe Yongsun just needed some time alone.

However, Yongsun continued avoiding her like a plague for the entire week. She ignored every message and call from Byulyi, went to class earlier on days she knew Byulyi would try to catch her on, and snuck out of seminar rooms with the help of Chorong whenever she knew Byulyi was outside waiting.

“Is she there?” Yongsun asked as Chorong sat down beside her. Chorong had been sent out of the lecture theatre by Yongsun to scan the surroundings before class officially ended.

“For how long are you going to keep avoiding her?” Chorong shook her head and questioned back. She did not mind acting as a scout for her friend but actively steering away from Byulyi was not sustainable given that Byulyi’s faculty was just right next to theirs. Furthermore, Byulyi had Yongsun’s timetable so she essentially knew when and where to find Yongsun.

“I’m sorry Chorong, but just bear with it for a while.”

“But why are you even hiding? You didn’t even do anything wrong! She’s the one who’s wrong!”

“She doesn’t know that we know.”

“Then we should let her know. She should be ashamed of herself… You know what? You should just post that picture online. Your little fan club would go after her. I bet that she wouldn’t even dare to appear anywhere near us after that.”

Yes, Yongsun had her fair share of admirers before she got attached to Byulyi. In fact, her relationship with Byulyi shocked many since the younger girl was virtually unknown. Even then, some of her obnoxious and relentless admirers continued pursuing the charming orientation leader, pretty club president, and brainy class topper. After all, there was the saying ‘just because there’s a goalie, doesn’t mean you can’t score.’

“Give me some time, I’ll handle it.” Yongsun concluded. She did not want the issue to be blown out of proportion. Over the entire week, Yongsun had avoided thinking about her situation with Byulyi as all it brought up was a mess of emotions.

Firstly, she doubted herself. She doubted the persona she had painstakingly built for herself. She had sacrifice

Please log in to read the full chapter