Give You Time

Don't Say You Like Me

“You asked him out?”

 

Yunho nodded as he shoved a spoon of fried rice. It’s been a week since he asked Jaejoong out and got rejected. He didn’t know why he did that. All he knew that he was finally realized that he didn’t have to act like He didn’t like Jaejoong. He didn’t think before his act. He just asked Jaejoong out of the blue and he never thought that Jaejoong would reject him. He thought the other man liked him too, would automatically accept him, but maybe he was wrong. Jaejoong didn’t accept him and up until now, he didn’t know the reason. He was still wondering whether Jaejoong didn’t like him the way he does or else. And to think that he confessed on the same day he broke up with Yoona.

 

“But he rejected you?” Changmin asked again and saw Yunho nodded. “I thought he likes you, hyung.”

 

“I thought so too. But maybe we thought wrong.” Yunho sighed. Really, why Jaejoong rejected him if he did respond to his kiss?

 

“Well, have you talked to him again? Maybe asked him why he rejected you?”

 

“I haven’t had the chance. He always disappeared. I think he avoids me.”

 

“Then… have you talked to Yoona?”

 

“Not yet... I kind of knew we wouldn’t last long, but I never thought that night was the day we broke up.”

 

“And I never thought you would date her that long.” Changmin stated. “As far as I know, she was the first girl you date for more than six months.”

 

“She isn’t what everyone thought she was, you know.” Yunho said. “She is a nice girl and a very good company to talk to. But I don’t know what made her act like that that night… sure, we had had a few fought but she never lost control of herself… perhaps it was my fault… I felt like a two-time player…” he paused.  “Although I had tried myself to never show my feeling towards Jaejoong, but she had seen it through my eyes… I really want to apologize, but I am not quite ready to face yet…”

 

Changmin grimaced in sympathy as he tapped Yunho’s shoulder.

 

Yunho sighed again as he took a drink. He quickly finished his meal before he grabbed his bag, sliding it to his shoulder. “I should go. I’ve a meeting with the student council.”

 

Changmin nodded as he watched his hyung walked out of the cafeteria.

 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

 

He was walking out of his class when he spotted a certain blond haired man. He didn’t waste any time as he headed to the other man. “Jaejoong!” Yunho exclaimed as he quickened his steps. “Jaejoong, wait!” he grabbed the other man’s wrist tightly before he could escape again. “Jae… Jae! I just want to talk!”

 

“Ouch.” Jaejoong winced in pain.

 

Yunho loosened his hold but didn’t let him go. “Just a few minutes. It won’t take your time. Please…” he pleaded inwardly.

 

“Okay.” were the first words out of Jaejoong's mouth. “But first let me go.”

 

“Promise you won’t walk away?”

 

Jaejoong nodded and he was finally pried off him.

 

“Jaejoongie… I…” Yunho started, trying to find the right word without making Jaejoong angry. He had so many words to speak, so many questions to ask, but he didn’t know how to start. “You…” the words seemed to be stuck in his throat as he lifted his hands to grasp the blond’s arm.“Why are you avoiding me?” he finally asked after much thought. “Is it because of that night? Are you mad at me?”

 

He waited for Jaejoong to answer him. Not surprisingly, he was ignored, although he saw the blond flinch as stung with something. However Jaejoong made no attempt to talk. He sighed to himself and inserted his hand into his pocket jeans, taking a piece of paper and handing it to the silent blond.

 

“In two days my team is going to play a game and here is the ticket. I hope you will come and watch me.” with that he left and as soon as he was out of sight, there was no denying the delight and longing on Jaejoong's features.

 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

 

“Do you think he will come?” Yunho asked as he spun around, bouncing the ball in his hand and trying to pass the opponent players.

 

“I don’t know.” Changmin countered, grabbing the ball in Yunho’s hand. “Why don’t you ask him once again?” He spun on his heel, ready to aim it to the ring, but got blocked by Yunho as the older man took the ball back and quickly jumped up, throwing the ball into the ring. It went straight in, making his team shouted in joy.

 

“I’ve asked Junsu to ask him if he’s going to come or not but I haven’t got any words from him.” Yunho sighed. “Do you think he will come? Do you, Changmin?”

 

“Hyung!” Changmin snapped a bit irritably. “Why don’t we just forget it for a while? You are—we are in the middle of practice now!”

 

“Sorry…” Yunho winced as he could feel the irritation on the younger man’s features. “Let’s play again…”

 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

 

Two long days had passed since he asked Jaejoong to come to his game, but Yunho still was not sure the latter would come. He hadn’t got any news from him or from his younger brother (Junsu). Yunho didn’t feel like doing anything. He had almost forgotten that the day of the game was today if not for Changmin who had reminded him.

 

“I’m going mom!” Yunho exclaimed as he tied up his shoes, “Don’t forget to watch me!” he stood up and was about to open the door when he heard his mother shouted back, saying she would definitely come and wish him good luck. He left the house with a smile and soon came face to face with Changmin, both of them walked to their university before they went to their destination, Dream Football Dome, along with their teammates.

 

Yunho took out his phone and quickly typed a message to Jaejoong, asking if he would come or not. He hoped he got a reply this time.

 

Jaejoong…

 

Sometimes, the way Jaejoong’s act cold towards him, made him feel a dull flame of anger kindling within the pit of his stomach at being threat like that. He didn’t understand the reason of why Jaejoong ignored him. He was unable to stop the low seething emotions of confusion, frustration, sadnessand anger that churned deep within his heart.

 

“Not even a phone call?”Changmin was asking.

 

Yunho shook his head, letting the ball he has been holding fall from his hand. The past two daysactuallyhad given him more time to think and he had managed to talk himself out. He couldn't blame the blond for this. Jaejoong had the right to reject him or to ignore him and it was his decision to confess to him right after he broke up with Yoona. Speaking of Yoona, he felt guilty towards her and if he ever got a chance to talk to her, he wouldn’t let it pass. He wanted to clear things up. However, he hasn’t got courage to do so.

 

“Damn…that's cold…”Changmin mumbled.

 

Yunho sighed but got a shockas the door to the room openedand the face of Im Yoonarevealed itself.

 

“Yoona!”Changmincried out in surprise.

 

“Hello, Changmin,”Shegreeted with a warm smile. “Yunho. I want to talk to you.” She said with a firm voice. She looked at Changmin, silently asking him to leave them alone and Changmin catches the look. With a concern glance at the older man, he quickly left the room.

 

Yoona walked over to the brunette man and sat in front of him. There was a few silence moment because neither of them let out a word until shedecided that she wouldhave to be the one to take the initiative. “Yunho…” she started, eyes looking at the man who was lowering his head. “Yunho, look at me.” She commanded gently.

 

“Don’t be like this. Where is the Yunho I know?”

 

“Yoona…” Yunho finally lifted his head, letting their eyes meet. “I don’t know what to say but I’m sorry… I’m really sorry…” he took her hands and held it gently. “I wanted to talk to you, to clear things up but… but I’m not brave enough… It was my fault I know… I dated you when my heart wasn’t beat for you…I’m sorry…I wish I could give you more happiness when we were together but… I… I screwed up… I—”

 

“It’s okay Yunho. I understand.” She gave a squeeze on their join hands. “I was also blind. I thought I could make you love me but I was wrong.” She smiled but Yunho noticedthe brief look of sadness that had filled hereyes.“So, how are you and Jaejoong?”

 

Yunho shook his head. “I don’t know. He’s avoiding me.”

 

“Why? What happened?”

 

“I…” he drifted off. “I confessed to him that night but he rejected me since then he started avoiding me. Perhaps he doesn’t have the same feeling as I do…”

 

“Impossible!” Yoona exclaimed. “I’m sure he does.”

 

“Why are you so sure?”

 

“Never underestimate a woman’s instinct.” She smiled.

 

“If that is so… why didn’t he accept me?” he didn’t want to sound desperate, really.

 

“Yunho…” She was saying. “Would you accept someone to be your girlfriend if she just broke up with her boyfriend?” Yunho shook his head, silently saying that he might be would not accept the girl, and Yoona smiled. “The same goes to him… You confessed to him just few hours after we broke up… I think I can guess on why he reject you but I won’t tell you… you should ask him yourself… you should understand him…”

 

Yunho looked at Yoona, a determine look shown on his eyes. “I will talk to him… Thank you Yoona…”

 

“You are welcome.” She smiled. “You should quickly change your uniform. You have a game to win.”

 

“Alright.” Yunho got up and walked to his locker.

 

Yoona smiled as she also got up and headed to the door. “Yunho…” she was calling, and Yunho turned his body to look at her.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Have you… Just for once… have you ever loved me?”

 

Yunho paused for a while before he smiled a genuine one. “I would never date someone I didn’t love.”

 

Yoona gave a little smile before she closed the door softly.

 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-TBC.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

as I promised....but I'll make it into three-shot.. so one chapter to go~

thank you for the subscriptions and commenting~^^