Taehyung

kpop fantasy world

Taehyung felt all muscles in his body, he was so tired but the worst were his legs. He was now resting on some big rock and eating the last bits of food. He massaged his calves in hope of small relief. He felt his fur got thick and ragged. He couldn't take care of himself like at his home. This triggered memories of his forest and his friends. Their night parties and all day long feasts. He missed his birthplace, but he knew he couldn't go back he must continue. He took out his magical flute but one glance made him sad even more. This journey didn't bring him any good so far. He hoped to meet better people in town. Now he felt some movement, it was just a farmer. He must be close already. The farmer was a little bit surprised by his apearance but directed him the right way. Finally good news, suddenly he got new energy and got on his legs. 

Now standing under town gates. It was odd people didn't stare at him. They must have been acustomed to all kinds of creatures. After all this was trading centre with many routs. The air was completly different here as he knew so far. His tummy growled but his flute was more important than food. And he was broke anyway. So he asked people for some mechanic. It was a little bit hard to find but more troublesome was dodging all the people going different ways. Also noise was unpleasant all that talking and croaking of gulls. But the town was also fascinating. It was his first time, before he played in villages and small road pubs only. He believed to find a good payed job here. 

"Ouuch, be more careful where you're going!!.....?faun? The man was huge. He was wearing brown cloak long all the way to his boots. And his belt held a lot of ampules. He was looking Tae up and down now. 

"I'm so sorry i was just lost in thought."

He got closer and offered his hand for Tae to stand up. "It's ok, happens to me all the time." His smile was so friendly now. Tae wanted to ask his name but the man rushed away. Maby he was in hurry. 

The shop he was looking for was almost invisible in that long street of shops. It was small with no display, but it was two floors high. Tae imagined the best mechanics shop in country to be more, he doesn't know what but not this. Would he be able to repair his flute? He entered anyway. The shop was really long with counter all the way back. It was enlightened by big window-panes on the right side. Left side was full of shelves with different goods. As he made his way to counter, he saw odd pictures on walls, many small things everywhere and inventions were lying all around. Before the counter was big working table with tools and someone sitting there. The mechanic didn't see him entering, that focused on his work. 

Tae stood above him and he finally got acknowledged. "Good morning what can i do for you?"

"Hello" Taehyung handed him his flute " could you look at this?"

"Wow, this is already trash". But he took the instrument and examined it for a long time. Finally he handed it back: where you got this from?"

Tae didn't like personal questions but answered anyway: it was present. Why?"

"Repair will last a week, come back then" he ignored his questin. And then went bact to his work.

But Tae needed to ask one more thing:" Sorry but do you know a place to stay at this town?"

"Do you have something you prefer?" the mechanic asked.

Tae thought for a second:  "Yeah it could have some kind of performance area."

The man smiled:" lucky for you, i know. It is the best bar in Army. He than explained the way there. 

Tae was already leaving the shop when some tall man slammed the door open with:" Hey Kookie where have you been, i was waiting for you at my place."

Taehyung heard Kookie answer" sorry Namjoon, i had a customer. Iam coming now."

Taehyung recognized that Namjoon guy as the one he bumped into before but he hurried to Hyuna bar. Thanks to Kookies directions he found it easily. The bar was too red to his liking but the owner looked good. Her name was Hyuna and she hired him as singer right after she heard him sing. The barman was nice too. His name was Hui, Tae learned in the moment they met. Both looked like good people and more importantly he got good salary plus place to stay.  

The first evening was night of big star IU so he didn't get to perform. He saw Kookie and Namjoon at the bar and wanted to say hi. But Hyuna gave him other work and at the end he got to meet only Namjoon because Kookie left after fight with someone. Namjoon was a good person. Tae learned he was a alchemist and helped also with curing diseases. He was Kookies neighbor and they were best friends. But Kookie made fun of Namjoons hobby going to the sea and studying fishes. He believed in mermaids and now he met Tae he was sure that they could exist. Tae and Namjoon agreed to meet again that week.

When they finally closed for the night Hyuna took him to his new room and stayed for some questioning. "So dear tell me what happend and why are you here?" 

Tae couldn't tell his story to anybody so he just told her about last part of his story:

"Do you know Macheol? It is mine village. When i first arrived there few days ago i was hungry and thirsty so i looked for some pub. People there looked rough and unfriendly but at the end they were nice. Innkeeper was glad to have musician and let me drink and eat for free. But not really, because i had to play my flute all night. Men liked my music so much they stayed up and drank themselves into oblivion. They had too good mood and in the morning when i woke up my flute was broken. So i come here to get it repaired." 

Hyuna wasn't fully satisfied with his story but she didn't pry and let him sleep.