Chapter 2

RITUAL DE AMORE

Dance for me, without stopping ,

become a storm in my sea.

Let them look at you, radiating heat

surrender to this ritual of love.

 

The next morning, they arrived at the SBS rehearsal room, where a choreographer was waiting for them to work with them. Together with him, three more guys were warming up in the hall: a girl and two guys. By their example, the choreographer will show the whole dance that was thought out by the director.

- Usually we give for promotion 1 minute or a half minutes, but this time I will increase it to 6:05 minutes, this is how long the dance melody lasts. This is not my creation, not my music, and I did not write the song either. But I was allowed to use it here on my show. Listen up.

The music was rhythmic, similar to Latin America, ballroom dancing. Dances that only Hyoyeon studied when she performed on another show, Dancing with the Stars. And now, burning Latin music will be studied by Jessica.

Dance of passion and desire.

The dance of jealousy.

Dance of fiery love.

Dance of the triangle.

 

With bated breath, they watched the choreographer's team follow each movement of the arms and legs, realizing that the hard and laborious work of studying the technique was ahead.

- Hwaiting! - looking at each other, cheered up Jessica with the guys. The first chords and first steps were taken.

**

Every half hour they had a short break and during this time the guys managed to correspond with their friends, tell them that everything was fine with them and find out how they were doing.Jessica just rested, cooling her body near the air conditioner. At such moments, she decided to pay attention to rest, close her eyes and relax a little. 10 minutes passed quickly and again for learning the dance.

-You're doing well, Jessica, SeungGi, Kyungho.” But I came to disappoint you, we changed dramatically the dance.

-3 days left before the show ...

-I know, and please forgive me.

-I think we need to coordinate with everyone so that the last 3 days we devote ourselves only to this dance. Hyun, do you think Jessica can ...

- Many times this happened to us that one participant was missing at the performances, for various reasons. I think I can resolve this issue. Jessica, then you'd better move closer to the company ...

-No, the manager is oppa , I will come here if I need to stay the night, but I will always return to the hostel. To keep a secret, it is better to be in one place. My girls already suspect something.

- Well, we want to keep the surprise a secret. Then today we will explore the new movement. None of you have anything planned for tomorrow?

- No. Tomorrow's free - the guys answered, only Jessica said she needed to be around two on the show tomorrow.

- Then let's get started?

**

In the middle of the rehearsal room, the members of the dance group went out, which before that showed them a dance. 3 people closely monitored each movement to track changes. At the end of the song, the choreographer turned to them and asked:

- So what do you think?

-Much better than last time. Dynamic and mysterious. 

- Hen, I have a proposal - agreed with the dictum of Jessica, SeungGi - Let's make the faces known at the very end.

- What do you mean?

- Oppa, you cool thought up, I like it - clapped her hands and smiled at Jessica's thoughts. Seeing that the manager does not understand what the guy is driving at, Jessica explained. - We want to make the audience wonder until the very end who is dancing in front of him. You reveal your heroes immediately at the beginning of the song, it is better if there is intrigue.

-I understand, hmm, maybe you're right. Intrigue…

The practice lasted a long time, each time coming up with new steps, the work was in full swing. We finished it only after midnight, but it was worth it, finally, after so many changes, the dance was ready. Three heroes could barely catch their breath, drank water from a bottle eagerly, wiped sweat from their faces and bodies. But their eyes smiled pretty.

- You can go to relax, see you tomorrow. Jessica-si to call you in?

- No need, I'll pick her up myself. I'll bring them both - taking a deep breath to restore my breath,” said Lee SeungGi. -I'll call you, Jessica.

- Yeah.

 

The hostel was noisy, as always, when everyone came together after separate schedules. They did not see each other all day, and each accumulated energy that they wanted to share with the other girls. It was in this noise that Jessica returned, without strength and without energy.

-I'm back, - the girl muttered, dragging her legs to the room that she was occupying with Sooyoung. Her eyes were sticking together, she even took a nap in the car, she only wanted one thing - a bed.

The living room somehow became quiet, all 8 girls watched her, then they looked at each other. Tiffany nodded her head and followed her friend. Knocking softly on the door, she opened to see Jessica stretched out on her bed, in a deep sleep.

“Where are you so exhausted, Jessi?” Jessi, you need to undress, and then go to bed - Tiffany walked up to her, bent over to wake her up, but then took pity on seeing her sleeping sweetly. - The week is almost over, I hope you will tell about your work. Hmm, I think you need to change clothes ... - there was nothing to be ashamed of, but her cheeks still burned with a bright flame when she began to her shirt.

- Sica! Tiffany! - two girls burst into the room and stopped on the threshold, seeing an unequivocal situation. “Fanny, what are you doing?”

-Oh, my innocent eyes! - quickly closing her eyes with her palm, Sunny begged, nevertheless, opening one eye. - I didn’t know that you had a relationship at such a stage!

-Shh,- Tiffany burst out at them, continuing her studies, she needed to remove her shirt from her body, and then proceed to her trousers. - Jessi is sleeping. It would be better if I could change her into home clothes. And don't drool, Byun Tae!

- Hey, hey, I'm not letting anything in! - The group leader was indignant as quietly as possible, but her Ajumma's voice failed. Two pairs of eyes looked at her angrily. - Excuse me.

-You can continue the same way, and I'm afraid we will meet HellSica,- Sunny said, shaking her head, going to the closet with clothes, quickly looking around the contents of the closet, found the right clothes.

- I do not want…

-Mmm, Tiff, what ... ah ... are you doing?”- opening sleepy eyes, asked Jessica.

- Jessi, uh, I'm trying to help you. Maybe you will change clothes? - stopping her actions, Tiffany asked, gently removing the hair from her friend's face.

-I have no strength, Tiff. Better leave it as it is - the girl moaned, burying herself in the blanket.

-But it's not hygienic! Come on, raise your pretty , help me! Or we all pounce on you!

- All? - Jessica carefully examined her room and found Sunny and Taeyeon standing next to them, who watched the scene with interest.

-Oh, they finally noticed us! Sica, you are tired, and we are trying to help you, just lie down and enjoy being a “princess” - affectionately smiling at Sunny's friend, she extended her spotted pajamas into Tiffany's arms.

-Sunny,” -the girl held out, holding out her hands and showing the ego. -Will you be my pillow today?

- What do you mean by the word "pillow", which part? Sunny winked slyly, sinking down onto the bed.

-You yourself know, come here ...

-Um, um, we don’t bother you. -The two girls asked with bent brows, arms crossed.

-Sunny, are you coming or not? If you had the strength, I would have clouded you to me, but I am really very tired and want to sleep. I have another hard day tomorrow, and I need to somehow wake up at 4 in the morning - a phone call interrupted her explanation, the name “Oppa 1” shone on the screen. - Yes, I'm listening. No, I tried to sleep, but they woke me up. What? What time? And now how much? When? Why? Clear. Have you even rested, oppa? Ha ha ha so do I. Ok, I'll be out in 15-20 minutes. See you, oppa.

- It can be seen that my misfortunes have not yet ended for today. You're lucky, Sunny, I need to go. What am I supposed to wear? Hmm, I only have a couple of commercials and a photo shoot tomorrow, but they will be in the afternoon, so I still have time to drop in to change clothes. Or, still take a change of clothes with you. Probably still call, then the manager and he will bring me. Yes, I will. And now, what should I wear, it's cold in the evening.

Jessica rumored musingly, away, forgetting that she was not alone in the room. Her thoughts occupied only the words of SeungGi, who called a couple of minutes ago:

- The choreographer called me and said that they came up with some movement and want to try it out in dance. He asked us to return to the studio now. I already phoned Kyungho, after you we will pick it up.

There was a couple of days left before the start of the music show, and their dance is not ready yet, so complain, don’t complain, you still need to go. You need to prove to yourself what you will do, rise to the top of your abilities. In the end , she chose a warm sweater, jeans and a jacket.

- Hey Jessi, who called you?

-Ahhh, - the girl cried out in fright, when she found out that the members were looking at her. - It is completely out of your head that you are here. I need to go, girls. See you tomorrow, I guess.

- Jessi! - Tiffany still held her hand and did not let go. She did not like that her friend, after a telephone conversation, without explaining anything, leaves. - Who called you looking at night? Who are you dating?

-For the work that I already told you about. Unseen circumstances. I promised that you will understand everything at the end of the week. Everything, I really have to go, bye, love you. 

***

Waiting for Jessica L and SeungGi carefully watched the traffic on the dark streets. Although it was a late time, anything can be expected from journalists. After that news of him and YoonA , their meetings became like detective films. He chose places where no one could see them. They didn’t often walk around somewhere, mostly in his car, talking or just remembering funny stories. So today was the same meeting.

SeungGi remembered their 20 minute conversation with a warm smile after they were allowed to leave. He called YoonA right away to find out if she was free, and how happy he was when he heard that “yes.” Being close to her, he felt a surge of strength, which he so lacked.

-SeungGi-oppa, you look exhausted, is this work you told me about earlier this week?

- Yes she. But the wait is not long, YoonA. Two days and I'm free.

-Why don't you want to tell me about this work? You are so mysterious, oppa.

-How was your day today, YoonA?

- Translating on another topic, something I do not like. You do not hide another girl? Maybe you are meeting with us wallpaper?

- No, you're the only one! Don’t even think about it, you are the only one.

- Good. So, the day today was surprisingly pleasant surprise ...

Her voice lulled, and he did not even realize when he fell asleep. Woke up from a light touch on his hand. Opening his eyes, he saw an angel in front of him with a beautiful smile, his heart beating fast again. YoonA, the girl of his dreams, the love of his life.

- Oppa, wake up, I have to go back.

- Sorry, YoonA, I fell asleep - rubbing my face with my hand, he could not tear myself away from the girl, his eyes were magnetically attracted by her eyes and lips, her delicate hands and her aroma. How much he loved her, even the scarecrow himself.

- It's okay, oppa. You needed a dream.

- You give me strength, YoonA. Thank.

***

After their meeting, he wanted to go home, but then his call was interrupted by a call from the choreographer, he had to call up Jessica and Kenhyo. The car doors opened and he smiled affectionately at Jessica, who was sitting next to him. Her appearance was as exhausted as his, and sleepy eyes, like his.

- Do you want? - showing a gesture at a hot smoking coffee and a bun.

- I wouldn’t be bothered by a full dinner, although most of all I want to sleep. Where do we meet Kenhyo oppa? - rubbing her sleepy eyes, asked Jessica, sitting down more comfortably on the seat.

- We will catch him on the other side of the park, where he met Sooyoung 10 minutes ago.

- Oh yes! Sooyoung, something was telling us about this, but it seems that I missed everything, or did not hear anything at all. When I came home, I just greeted the girl and went to my room.

-Are you ready, Sica-shi? - She didn’t even need to ask what he was talking about, nodded decisively.

- Still asking. Hwaiting!

-How do your girls suspect something?

- Yeah. And it seems to me that Tiffany is jealous of me for you. You should have seen her facial expressions when I talked with you, and then still hid your name.

**

- I'm not jealous! Tiffany said categorically, looking straight ahead, pretending not to notice her friends.

-You're jealous, your character let you down, Fanny. Do not cross, friend, after all ...

-…you too? - smiling, Tiff asked Taeyeon. She shook her head energetically in the negative, but blushed at the same time.

-Everything is clear with you, girls. Everything was fine, you believed her until you heard a nightly conversation with some guy. In addition, Jessi refused to say who he is.

-She said he was for work ...

- Yes, for the work that she is now working out for wear. And we believe her, Sunny!

-Yes, we believe her. We believe for sure. Let's go to sleep, Tae.

And yet she could not sleep, all the time, tossing and turning in bed. Pictures flashed before her eyes, where Jessica and the unknown oppa meet, as he persuades her to leave the group and her Jessi agrees to his persuasion.

- No! Jessi! She exclaims in a whisper, opening her eyes. The clock on the dial showed 3 o’clock in the morning. Wrapping up in blankets, she does not feel the heat. She is very cold now, although the room is +25. - Please, Jessi, do not leave!

***

As said, Kyungho was expecting them to exit the central park. The streets were warm in winter weather, today there was no strong piercing wind, as yesterday, even the sun warmed in the afternoon. 20 minutes ago he met Sooyoung here, in a cafe that they liked. Today it was not crowded, they were lucky that in the evening not many people know about such a place. It was not possible to completely hide, but it is good that they respected their personal lives. 20 minutes of crazy happiness.

They talked about nothing, discussed her new character, and enjoyed each other's silence. He felt his fatigue go away, only the rest of the grueling dance remained, from which the whole body hurt terribly. How he loved these moments. When only they exist. Their loving world. Towards the end of the evening, holding her hands in his palms, he gently said:

-You give me the strength to move on. Your support is very important to me now. Thank you for understanding me and giving me warmth.

***

The clock on the wall of the rehearsal room showed without 15:17pm. The sun was slowly rising outside the window, talking about a new incoming day. And this for the trio meant that only 2 days were left before their performance. There is still a lot of work and they have not yet learned everything exactly.

- 10 minutes break.

I didn’t want to speak, my eyes were sticking together, but you couldn’t sleep, just not now, when you’re almost there. Jessica looked around tiredly, getting used to the new walls, the new surroundings. Rehearsing the same trick throughout the night, she still did not remember him. And this is a minus in her work. You need to concentrate and not be distracted. You need to completely surrender only to this dance, and after 2 days, hit all your members.

- 10 minutes have passed, for work!

**

2 days and 2 nights passed very quickly, like sand through your fingers. Today is exactly the day when magic happens. Today is the day when Seoul sees a new performance from a trio of artists of different professions at a music show.

-Yes, yes, oppa, you keep repeating the same thing to us all the time. But we are not the greatest dancers, we are just people, and today we will do everything we can. 

- Hwaiting! We put so much effort into this dance! Hwaiting, the Trio of Masks!