Not Just A Coat

Extra Curricular Activities - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After closing up the store that night, his father once again drove Sun Hee eomonie home. Still, his abeoji did not confirm anything nor talked to Chanyeol about it—if Mr. Park was indeed dating. Just so it wouldn’t be awkward, Chanyeol bid Sun Hee eomonie goodnight as if it was nothing out of the ordinary and then retreated to his bedroom like the good son he was.

 

His father didn’t even notice he had come home wearing brand new—and expensive—clothes.

 

Chanyeol’s breath hitched, as he realized that while he had managed to pack his hoodie and black jeans, he had forgotten his grandfather’s trench coat at the photoshoot location!

 

He shouldn’t panic, because he could always ask Heechul-ssi or Kyungsoo-ssi tomorrow. The black-and-white plaid pattern of the trench coat was distinguishable enough perhaps for Heechul-ssi to remember.

 

Just as he entered his room, his cell phone beeped. His eyes grew round to see that it was a notification on Instagram!
 

 

dksgravity tagged you in a post.

 

 

Fall/Winter Collection. Are you excited? I am.

 

 

Chanyeol excitedly checked on the Instagram website and found that Kyungsoo had just posted their pictures a couple of minutes ago, and the hearts and comments were already rising in number exponentially!

 

He placed a heart on the pictures himself, and commented with a laughing emoji.

 

 

 pcy_sunbae  I look really strange! Nevetheless, thank you for these wonderful pictures. See you again soon.

 

 

He wondered if he sounded boring or presumptuous again—because it wasn’t like he and Kyungsoo were close. Just as he was thinking of deleting the comment, several people—hundreds—swiftly liked and started replying to his comment.

 

 

OPPA, YOU’RE REALLY HOT!

 

ARE YOU GRAVITY’S NEW MODEL?!

 

Omo, you’re gorgeous! I’ve followed you, @pcy_sunbae!

 

Why is your avatar Do Kyungsoo, though? @pcy_sunbae @dksgravity Are you dating?

 

 

Chanyeol gasped. What was going on? He found himself severely overwhelmed, especially when he realized that there were multiple accounts now sending him direct messages!

 

Maybe he should turn off Instagram for a while. Was there a way for him to just see if Kyungsoo would interact with him, without all the other unnecessary notifications?

 

Again, Google was his friend in this instance. He felt greatly relieved when there was such an option to disable the notifications from everyone, except for the people he followed, which was only Kyungsoo.

 

However, Google suggested for him to download the app.

 

He wasn’t that keen on doing so, but if he wanted to interact with Kyungsoo out of their study sessions, then he might as well do it.

 

The app took less than a minute to install, so he logged in and went to his settings to adjust to his notifications.


Suddenly, he received an alert about a direct message from  dksgravity!

 

 

I was laughing at the ridiculous replies under your

comment, sunbae! Now’s probably a good time to

change your avatar. May I suggest using this?

 

 

 

Chanyeol was about to screenshot it, since he didn’t know how to save the photo any other way, when Kyungsoo sent him another message.

 

 

You’re really handsome here.

 

 

A spontaneous, nearly embarrassed, smile bloomed at Chanyeol’s lips, blinking twice in case he read it wrong. Kyungsoo wasn’t playing a prank on him, was he?

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo frowned when he saw that his messages were only SEEN, and Chanyeol wasn’t replying.

 

Should he give him a call?

 

Then Kyungsoo saw that his tutor was typing something.

 

 

Thank you. I’ll change my avatar now.

 

 

Once Chanyeol was done, Kyungsoo was surprised  pcy_sunbae was typing something else.

 

 

Kyungsoo-ssi, can I ask you something?

 

 

Kyungsoo was jarred a bit by the seriousness of the message but nonetheless agreed.

 

 

Sure. About what?

 

I think I left my trench coat in the dressing

room earlier. I can come by tomorrow, on the

photoshoot location or at the Gravity office,

to pick it up, if that’s okay?

 

 

Kyungsoo made a face. That antique? Why would Chanyeol still want to keep it? It would have more use if it were transformed into rags!

 

However, it did seem as if his tutor was very attached to that drab of a coat, as he had worn it everyday since they had met, although Kyungsoo could only wonder why anyone would be caught dead with that thing on them.

 

At least, there was an excuse to see Chanyeol tomorrow. Maybe he could treat him to coffee or something, since his latest post on the F/W collection was getting so much traction within 30 minutes of uploading. And Kyungsoo believed it had largely to do with Chanyeol.

 

 

I’ll ask Heechul-ssi if he has the coat.

I’ll let you know tomorrow. For now,

hope you have a good sleep. Thanks again!

 

 

In reality, he wanted to chat with Chanyeol some more, but he didn’t want to seem too forward. That wasn’t his style. Guys and girls expressed interest in him, even wanting to date him, after finding out that he and Jongin had decided to amicably break up a year ago. Kyungsoo was simply far too occupied with Gravity and his affiliate businesses (translation: too picky) to even think about getting into a relationship.

 

Wait, hold up. Was he thinking of his tutor in that context?

 

Well... aside from Chanyeol’s demeanor being rather sweet, somewhat clueless—nevermind being an actual genius on top of it...

 

His body, though.

 

Kyungsoo felt the blood rush to his face at the memory of all of that ripped, toned muscle and the smooth expansion of skin once Chanyeol’s hoodie came off...

 

And God, that thick, lush blond hair...

 

He just wanted to grip those golden strands in his hands, tangling them into Chanyeol’s hair while kissing...

 

He bit his lower lip hard, as if to stop his imagination from running wild.

 

 

The intensity of the imagery dissipated when he received a reply from his nerdy tutor:

 

 

Goodnight. Sweet dreams.

 

 

Sweet would probably be the last thing Kyungsoo’s dreams would be made of tonight.

 

 

************

 

Since this wasn’t an official study session, Chanyeol didn’t accept the ride from Shindong-ssi, even if the offer to drive him to the Gravity office was still open that Friday afternoon. He took the train there instead, because the train station was within proximity by foot.

 

Should he call Heechul-ssi beforehand to ask about his trench coat or should he message Kyungsoo via Instagram again?

 

He reached for his phone, about the opt for the latter, when he realized that his “followers” had ballooned to 61,000 and counting!

 

Who were these people? Why would they follow him?  He had no post on his account whatsoever!

 

Should he... start posting something right now?


Would they be interested in what he was doing at Do Laboratories, or his errands at his father’s grocery store?

 

He couldn’t decide yet if this was a good thing yet. Nothing like this ever happened to him before, nor did it ever occur to him that it would.

 

He was feeling his anxiety creeping up again so he opted to exit the app as he alighted to the train station nearest to Gravity.

 

When he arrived at the 6th floor of the building, Yeri greeted him and told him to wait at the lounge, while she informed Kyungsoo of Chanyeol’s arrival.

 

Yeri received the go signal and smiled as she told Chanyeol that he could now enter Kyungsoo’s office.

 

He was rewarded by the brightest heart-shaped grin when he opened the door that Chanyeol couldn’t help smiling back immediately.

 

Kyungsoo’s grin widened so much that his jaw stretched to its limit at the sight of the deep dimple now digging on the left cheek of his tall, adorably awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter