Sudden Inspiration

Extra Curricular Activities - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol looked up awkwardly as he walked into a private indoor photoshoot location in Itaewon the next afternoon. The place was filled with models and people with heavy make-up and over-the-top hairstyles, who more or less threw bizarre looks his way.

 

He clutched at his trusty plaid trench coat, as if for protection. It was his beloved grandfather’s coat, and it was the last possession his harabeoji had left him when he passed away almost 11 years ago. His maternal grandfather had been a tall, stout man, who loved to pick up Chanyeol and carry him on piggy back everywhere. That had been one of Chanyeol’s most precious memory as a child. He wished that his harabeoji would have seen that his only grandchild had grown up to be over 6 feet—just like him—and that his treasured trench coat was being worn with care.

 

Just then, Heechul-ssi saw him amidst the chaos and waved at him. Chanyeol quickly walked over to him as Heechul handed him Kyungsoo’s English module. “Kyungso-ssi is currently choosing models for the photoshoot, who will also be representing Gravity on the F/W collection runway so he is not to be disturbed. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a quiet enough corner for you to check Kyungsoo-ssi’s school work but there is a coffee shop downstairs. You can probably concentrate there better.” Heechul looked at him apologetically, patting his forearm in comfort. “Will that be okay?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, actually quite glad to be leaving for a while. Kyungsoo wasn’t kidding when he said that the place would be chaotic.

 

 

This kind of environment was too overwhelming for him.

 

“All right, just show them your Gravity ID if you want to get any coffee or cake from there. They will just put it on the company tab, as they have already provided all the staff here with drinks and food,” Heechul told him, somewhat distractedly, as a staff member was calling his attention from a distance. “Um, I have to go but you have my number, right? Give me a call when you’re done and I’ll meet you here again.” And with that, Heechul gave him a smile and went over to the other crew members needing his help.

 

When Chanyeol turned around, he bumped into a couple of models, one male and female, and he apologized to them profusely, adjusting his glasses.

 

The woman glared at him as the male pressed the button of the elevators, about to go down.

 

Chanyeol’s heart sank to realize that he would be boarding the same elevator with them. Should he just wait for the next one?

 

Since the elevator doors remained open for a couple more seconds that Chanyeol decided to just get in and squeeze himself into the farthest corner, even if there was plenty of space inside.

 

He heard the woman scoff: “Imagine, Gravity rejecting me! I’ve modeled for other high fashion runways and that pompous, egotistical midget gave me the once over and didn’t even let me present myself!”

 

“Do Kyungsoo is a . As if his reputation doesn’t precede him,” the guy muttered, sneering. Then he rose that perfectly-shaped eyebrow at Chanyeol. “So, did Frodo give you the boot, too?”

 

Chanyeol was only looking at him like a deer caught in headlights.

 

Frodo? From The Lord Of the Rings?

 

The woman inched away from Chanyeol, grimacing. “No wonder! What were you thinking wearing that for an audition?”

 

Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo’s module to his chest, lowering his gaze.

 

The woman rolled her eyes as the elevator doors thankfully opened to the ground floor, letting all the stuffy air out. “Seriously, they will let anyone in a Gravity photoshoot these days!”

 

And with that the models walked out, leaving Chanyeol’s mouth hanging open.

 

That man and woman were blasting Kyungsoo for being rude. Couldn’t they hear themselves?

 

Chanyeol sighed and decided to forget about them. He was used to people making fun of him, his clothing was no exception. Kyungsoo had insulted him the same way, the first time they met, hadn’t he? So the models’ impression of his student wasn’t entirely baseless.

 

He sat down on an empty table and set his backpack down. A server approached him to ask if he would order something, but Chanyeol declined. The server then noticed Chanyeol’s Gravity ID. “Oh, actually, you can order anything you want.”

 

Chanyeol cringed, because the server probably wouldn’t leave him alone. “Water?”

 

“One sparkling water, coming up.”

 

Chanyeol scratched his head, opening up Kyungsoo’s English module and got to work. The lemon sparkling water was very tasty actually, and Chanyeol was beginning to develop a liking for it, as it was the same brand that Kyungsoo-ssi had in the Gravity office as well. He thoroughly enjoyed reading Kyungsoo-ssi’s composition on the assigned reading of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. And for the grammar exercises, Chanyeol only had a few comments to add for Kyungsoo to look over.

 

It didn’t take him long, maybe about 50 minutes to go through the module. He tried to call Heechul-ssi but it was unanswered. So Chanyeol now decided to return upstairs instead, much to his discomfort.

 

Heechul-ssi was talking with the photographers so Chanyeol had to gently tap him on the shoulder, after waiting patiently for the elder’s conversation to finish.

 

“Uh, ye, Chanyeol-ssi!” Heechul greeted him with a smile. “Sorry, it’s just so busy here. I’ll take you to Kyungsoo-ssi then.”

 

After walking a couple of meters, Heechul-ssi opened a door that turned out to be the dressing room... with a few male models who were shirtless, and some females only in their brassieres. All of them were changing clothes here and there, unabashed, that Chanyeol didn’t know if he should avert his eyes and where to settle his gaze instead...?

 

Thankfully, there was Kyungsoo on a chair, in front of such a brightly-lit mirror with his lids  being colored with some sparkly powder—at least that was what Chanyeol thought it was.

 

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi,” Heechul called.

 

“Hmm...?”

 

“Chanyeol-ssi is here.”

 

Kyungsoo signaled for his two make-up artists to give him room first so he could turn around and talk to his tutor.

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help smiling at Kyungsoo’s softly made-up face—not that his student needed any more enhancements—but the rosy color on his cheeks and eyes made those already stunning features on his student stand out even more.

 

“A-Annyeong-haseayo,” Chanyeol greeted softly.

 

Kyungsoo rewarded him with a full, heart-shaped grin, something that made Chanyeol’s heart dance a little. “So how did I do on my English module, sunbae?”

 

Chanyeol grinned a little. “You did well. Just some minor comments on a few pages but overall, your essay was a compelling read.”

 

Kyungsoo positively beamed as he took the English module from him, to check Chanyeol’s suggestions. “I’ve finished it last night, and the readings were really fascinating. I think I’m proud of that essay I wrote on page 12...”

 

Chanyeol was nodding in agreement, when Kyungsoo noticed that his make-up artists and the wardrobe people were staring at his tutor in both bewilderment and disapproval.

 

Because he was wearing that old and worn-out trench coat again over the shabby, loose hoodie and black, ill-fitting jeans.

 

Kyungsoo frowned, irritably waving away his make-up artists and calling his superficial wardrobe people over. “Heechul-ssi, can you check if we have some spare clothes on the collection for Chanyeol-ssi to try on?”

 

“Uh...” Heechul glanced at his boss and then at the tutor. “C-Chanyeol-ssi, we need to take your measurements first so...”

 

“You heard him, sunbae,” Kyungsoo said, those thick eyebrows furrowing again, indicating the souring of his mood, as he flipped through the first page of his English module. “Now, strip.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes almost popped out of their sockets. “W-What?”

 

“Look at them,” Kyungsoo replied curtly, pointing at the models changing clothes just a few feet away.  “They don’t mind and they don’t care.”

 

And Chanyeol saw... a LOT of skin.

 

He lowered his gaze immediately. “Um... I don’t think that’s necessary... I just...”

 

“I might take long with these corrections, you know,” Kyungsoo told him, already starting on his revisions. “Just for you to have something to do.”

 

Chanyeol was about to shake his head when Heechul begged him with his eyes to simply comply if they both knew what was good for them.

 

He went rigid when the two rather unwilling wardrobe people helped him take off the trench coat from his shoulders, while Heechul got ready with the measuring tape.

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was watching them through the mirror, making sure that his staff did their job, as he looked up from his English module temporarily.

 

As soon the faded and drab hoodie was pulled off from his tutor’s head, Kyungsoo’s English module and pen slid down to the floor, unnoticed.

 

Was that... a six-pack?

 

 

Kyungsoo... was more shocked than anything. He had certainly seen his fair-share of rock-hard abs in his young lifetime, much more defined ones, even 8-packs... but on Chanyeol-ssi...?

 

Why the hell would he hide that lean, muscular body???

 

Heechul had to step up on a chair in order to reach Chanyeol’s shoulders. “Omo! You’re tall and wide! Who would have thought?”

 

Chanyeol shyly slid up his glasses up his nose, couldn’t look at anyone in the eye.

 

“Shoulders, 50 cm,” Heechul said out loud, causing one of the wardrobe girls to rush jotting it down.

 

Kyungsoo vaguely heard the rest of the measurements when Chanyeol jumped as another female wardrobe crew member reached to his loose pants.

 

Chanyeol protectively covered his crotch and turned away from the woman, apologizing fervently, saying that he would do it himself. Heechul couldn’t help chuckling, asking Chanyeol then to raise his arms so he could measure them.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes followed his tutor’s every movement through the mirror, unaware that he was biting his lower lip when Chanyeol was now left down to his loose, black and long boxer shorts that Kyungsoo had to suppress his laughter.

 

 

He wondered if he should tell the wardrobe people to change his tutor’s underwear too.

 

As they should, because that kind of underwear would not fit in skinny trousers that would be worn over those toned—and endless—legs.

 

When Chanyeol turned around once again, stealing a glance over his direction, Kyungsoo immediately looked down at his lap to realize that his English module was on the floor so he distractedly bent down to pick that up, along with the pen, too.

 

Chanyeol could feel his whole face turning red, if at any instance that Kyungsoo-ssi had even seen him in his state of undress.

 

This was so embarrassing...

 

Just then, Chanyeol was being whisked away to another room by the wardrobe people who now had his measurements, as that was where more of Gravity’s clothes were stored.

 

Kyungsoo’s gaze then followed them as they exited, unconsciously folding and unfolding the page he was supposed to be reading. Heechul-ssi put Chanyeol’s clothes in one of the couches and sat next to his boss.

 

“I didn’t quite expect that,” Heechul said off-handedly, as the hairdresser worked on styling Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo snapped.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi’s physique... like... wow!”

 

Kyungsoo narrowed his big eyes at his personal assistant. “Ya, Heechul-ssi! He’s only 19!”

 

Heechul backpedaled, a small, amused smile uncurling his lips. “What did I say? I was just complimenting him!”

 

Kyungsoo sulked, sitting up straight so the hairdresser—who was also subtly laughing at this exchange—switched on the hair dryer and used it on Kyungsoo’s thick and luscious locks. “Well, we have the right clothes, so why not make him look good, right?!” The 18-year-old retorted, grudgingly returning to his boring English modules and now couldn’t stop imagining Chanyeol’s ripped biceps and if he even worked out...

 

He finished with his English module corrections in 15 minutes and Chanyeol still hadn’t returned. The hairstylist was also done with his hair as he was now called to witness the start of the photoshoot.

 

Their main model was there, Kim Jongin himself, whose handsome face automatically cracked into an infectious smile at the sight of Kyungsoo. “Hi, my Pororo!”

 

 

Kyungsoo had to chuckle affectionately, receiving Jongin’s enthusiastic hug. “Hey, I missed you!”

 

“Same!” Jongin then was beckoned by the photographer to do the first few shots. “Would you join me in the photos?”

 

“Aniya,” Kyungsoo cajoled as Jongin pouted. “I’m only doing a solo shoot today, just for SNS, but you and the other models’ would be for the Fall/Winter campaign.”

 

“Araseo,” Jongin sighed and immediately went into his element. He was a professional like that, having modelled for CFS and clothes since he was in kindergarten. Shot after shot came out impeccably, as expected from Kim Jongin, and Kyungsoo, Heechul and all the other bystanders were undeniably impressed.

 

After a quick costume change, he was accompanied by a very pretty female model, making the yin and yang dynamics vibrant and sizzling.

 

Just then, Heechul’s phone rang and it was Yeri calling from the Gravity office. Heechul passed the phone to Kyungsoo, who then answered, “De, Yeri-ssi?”

 

“The art director sent you a message through Kakao Talk about his quotations on the campaign. He said that it’s a bit urgent.”

 

“Araseo, I’ll go and check my messages,” Kyungsoo said, leaving the photoshoot in the meantime to return to the dressing room where he left his cellphone.

 

When he got there, there was a tall, gigantic man sitting on the couch, clad now in an auburn wool trench coat over a thick turtleneck, checking on the English module that he had finished revising...

 

“C-Chanyeol-ssi?” Kyungsoo called tentatively.

 

 

His tutor looked up, sans the glasses, and his usually mop of messy black hair was now styled into a chic, comma style curl at the front...

 

...making him look like an entirely different person.

 

Whoa... Kyungsoo internally gushed as his tutor stood up self-consciously when he walked towards him.

 

Chanyeol swallowed, closing the module, which Kyungsoo-ssi had revised to perfection.

 

He looked absolutely ridiculous, didn’t he? He refused to be put on make-up, because it probably didn’t suit him. “Um... they insisted on me wearing contacts, although they’re not that comfortable. I was surprised that they found a pair with -5.50 power available...” Chanyeol rambled. “These... clothes are nice...” He ran his large hands on the material of the expensive wool reverently. “Really nice. I don’t know what these clothes are for, but I can’t afford them...”

 

“They’re yours,” Kyungsoo told him automatically, pressing his lips together as his big eyes liberally wandered all over his now well-dressed—unbelievably stunning—tutor, who was standing there in front of him, as if he was made of one billion dollars. “Look how well they fit you.”

 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo forgot what he went into the dressing room for as a sudden inspiration struck him. “Um... would you indulge me a bit?”

 

Chanyeol’s almond-shaped e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter