Chapter 5: Discussion

Forgive Me

It was suspicious enough to see Karasuno's libero being all clingy to Karasuno's setter. It was a rare view, to be honest, since both of them were very different in personality and student years. Though they were both in Karasuno, even Sawamura the captain was perplexed to witness such scenery.

"Something good happened?" Hinata the hyperactive first year student asked the senpais. "Noya-san has become so quiet lately."

"Something bad has happened," Kageyama pouted and furrowed, "I don't feel so good."

Hinata leant against Kageyama's fore arm. "Anything you want to reveal?"

Kageyama glanced at their surrounding, ensuring the senpais did not hear. "Last time, Sugawara-san brought me to meet with Oikawa."

" Oikawa? Out of sudden?" Hinata gasped in disbelief, "But why?"

The whole team of Karasuno and Aoba Johsai aware of the relationship between the setters of both teams; Kageyama and Oikawa. Kageyama was once a kouhai of Oikawa during their middle school age. They were in the same volleyball team but Oikawa was quite disliking Kageyama for his superiority. Listening to Sugawara's shocking plan, even Hinata gaped.

"Was Sugawara-san creating a scene for you guys?" Hinata scratched his chin while thinking.

Though Kageyama and Oikawa were both setters, Oikawa rarely confronted Sugawara even during the absence of Kageyama in Karasuno. It seemed as they did not have any relation through their student life.

"Sugawara-san asked Oikawa to teach me instead of himself," Kageyama arm locked Hinata by the neck, "I at first didn't feel anything until today. No, until lately."

" Nishinoya-san, isn't it?"

Kageyama nodded. There were times Hinata was quick in grasping meaning behind words, "I didn't think he would go that far just to ensure me being much better as Karasuno's setter. Plus, Nishinoya-san is becoming clingy to him, which is weird. Tanaka-san will just wave it away if we ever mentioned this stuff to him."

" I don't think we could expect the same reaction from Ennoa-san," Hinata whispered and gritted, " You see, Ennoa-san is like our second mother in Karasuno. He has always helped Sawamura-san and Sugawara-san in coaching kouhai."

They both turned around to find Ennoa. Ennoa was with Tanaka and Azumane, maybe to ask for tips and such. Hinata and Kageyama shifted to Sugawara and Nishinoya. The couple was chit chatting, grinning and all smiles.

 

 

"I don't feel good. I bet they hide something from us all."

Hinata exhaled and stared the ceiling above. The sound of the spinning fan did not bother him. Seconds later, there was a click sound, meaning the person on the other end of line did something, probably stopping his game. It was from Kozume.

"Why don't you guys ask him?"

Hinata gulped at how straightforward Kozume was. But to be honest, it was the best. In order to know the truth, one must start a step or he will miss the chance.

"Besides," Kozume added, "isn't it obvious? He is a third year. I believe he wants Kageyama to be better by the time they graduate."

Kozume got a point. Sugawara, Azumane and Sawamura were third year students and they were about to end their graceful years of high school.

"How about Nishinoya-san? He is a libero, a second year. They are totally opposite in curriculum. To do revision together, Nishinoya-san can always rely on Ennoa-san. Or if he needs to train harder, Tanaka-san is there too. Tanaka-san has way better stamina than Sugawara-san. And-"

" Go ask either one of them," Kozume cut off. Rather than letting Hinata babbling out his overthinking, he should encourage the latter to do something. "You see. Sugawara-san is the type to remain calm no matter how bad you guys dragged him into. Though he seems childish in court, he thinks fast and strategically capable. Everything about him is stable; he ain't so weird like Kuroo or you."

There was no response from Hinata. Nevertheless, Kozume knew Hinata was still there, listening obediently amd getting hyped up..

"As for Nishinoya, I don't think it's that weird. There are people who feel cosy sharing things with someone not too close to him. It's to avoid judgement, though I don't see him as the type to take in what people say about him. I just guess, maybe he falls in love with someone but he doesn't have the guts to admit it to Tanaka-san. So he relies on Sugawara-san."

There were things people should always reconsider for the sake of oneself. Any decision made would bring fortune or mishap to the future; everyone was aware of this but not everyone could apply it in real life. But Kozume tried to be as positive as he could, putting aside his foul mouth to Lev and Kuroo.

There was silence lingering the conversation. Until Hinata cracked it by, "Are you sure you are Kozume Kenma-san?"