Chapter 3: First Occurance

Forgive Me

Both of them tried hard to not acknowledge their discussion on the day before. Coach Ukai arrived much earlier, hence the third year students did not have to coach the younger. They would practise as usual.

And Nishinoya would act as how he used to be. He sometimes caught a glimpse at Sugawara. Sugawara trained as if he was not sick. SCA affected one's nervous system, which meant Sugawara should have several symptoms in movement, speech or response to stimulus. Deep inside, Nishinoya was amazed at how Sugawara has become. Even if you read articles on SCA, those reading would lead you to the end of the disease; death. Yes, it caused death, slowly.

"Nishinoya!"

Nishinoya could not respond as fast as the volleyball banging his head. He paid the least attention among the players. Thanks to his recklessness, he was seen sick instead of Sugawara.

"Just what has gotten into you? Are your soul flying somewhere?" Coach Ukai face palmed." It's so not you. Where is the hyperactive Nishinoya Yuu that we all know?"

" I agree with Ukai-san," Sawamura shook his head. " Come on, Noya. We only have one libero. We've gotten our second setter now. Kageyama is skilled though he is only a first year. Or do you mean you want to be replaced as well?"

Nishinoya wondered if everyone noticed it, but in a split second he saw Sugawara's expression turned sour. Putting some effort of finding the reason, he thought probably Sugawara was triggered by Sawamura's 'replacing team member' issue.

"It's not like that! I-I just overthink." Nishinoya was about to defend himself but he was out of idea, hence he just blurted out anything.

The team members laughed at how clumsy Nishinoya was at the moment. Even Sugawara giggled at him. Nishinoya's uneasiness gradually faded and laughed along.

Karasuno proceeded on their practice until 6 pm. They cleaned the stadium together and locked the door. Out of the blue, a loud thud was heard which made everyone to turn around.

It was what Nishinoya afraid of. On the bare ground was the fallen Sugawara. His face was on the ground. Azumane and Tanaka as the closest to him helped him to get up.

It was atypical. Sugawara's eyes were wide open but he did not respond to any of the voices around him. Tanaka even slapped his cheek gently to wake him up. He just stared at the sky. Azumane attempted shaking and pinching his limbs, yet it failed to affect Sugawara's sudden silence.

"Sugawara!" Sawamura called his name, a little louder than usual.

"Oh, my! What happened to Sugawara-san?" Hinata and Kageyama were astonished since they never saw Sugawara in such state.

Not only them. The whole team has never. That was what made Nishinoya different from them.

"Sugawara-san, please wake up." As if he was surrendering for doing crime, Nishinoya knelt by Sugawara's side and said, "All of us are dead worried of you. How come you become this quiet?"

Still, there was no response. Azumane checked his breath, pulse, and skin. Nothing abnormal, which caused them to bewilder.

"I can hear you, Nishinoya."

All eyes were on Sugawara. His irises have not moved yet, but he has curved a wide smile and spoke out. Thus, the whole Karasuno cheered as they were so relieved.

"What did you do, Suga? We were so worried of you!" Sawamura scolded the latter, quite severe.

Sugawara's limbs were shaking. It was not too much, but Sugawara found it difficult to even stand on his own two feet. Nishinoya could feel he was breatheless. Seeing Sugawara somehow traumatized him.

The scenery was almost the same as how his late uncle has had.

"Do you think you can walk, Sugawara?" Azumane helped Sugawara to stand up. Tanaka picked up his belongings.

" I... I don't know." Sugawara's gaze fell upon his own feet.

And, again, Nishinoya noticed Sugawara's expression has become grief. A negative vibe hit Sugawara randomly, and only Nishinoya witnessed it.

"I will accompany Sugawara-san!"