KaiSoo

Military Stories

After completing his service, Kyungsoo was released from the military with a large crowd of fans watching his last official salute. There were no famous faces in the crowd but the fans noticed that a familiar-looking woman and two children were in a side area, sectioned off from the other fans and waiting eagerly to greet him. Long-range pictures helped to identify the woman as the sister of Kim Jongin, a fellow member of EXO. And she had brought her children along to welcome back the singer/actor/retiring military man. These children were easily identified using the countless Instagram posts they had been featured in of their favorite uncle. 

Kyungsoo's broad smile and wide open arms showed everyone that he was very happy to see them. The woman smiled back widely and gave him a half-hug but didn't seem overly emotional. Both children however, were hugging him tightly, refusing to let go as they cried a little and smothered him with kisses. He carried them both easily to the waiting vehicle as the woman and bodyguards trailed behind. The boy had his head tucked into the idol's neck, while the girl was beaming and chattered non-stop as they walked. 

It did seem a little strange that the children seemed so emotional. The little girl was heard calling Kyungsoo "Soo-Pa". Fans giggled saying it was cute the children had decided to use "Super" as a name for the EXO member. Some mentioned they felt it a shame that none of the other members could be there to welcome him back to civilian life.

Jongin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Sehun had all enlisted for their military service during the month of September 2020 within a week or two of each other. The fans quickly figured out this was to ensure their release dates would all be about the same time as their leader, Suho, who was serving a slightly longer time due to the branch he was already serving in. Although the fans were initially shocked and upset about the decision, once the reason was explained the fandom calmed greatly.

So just over a year after Kyungsoo's release date, Jongin was released from his military service as well. 

And the same sister, along with the children were there.

This time a fan said they heard the little boy saying "Ni-Pa". Fans around the world scrambled to find a translation of the word from Korean, but even native speakers said they were a little confused as it wasn't any actual word. 

 

It was another four years before it was revealed that a birth certificate had been discovered for the little boy. Fans were quick to shut down antis that tried to be nasty about the discovery.

The interesting thing was that although Jongin's sister was listed under "Birth Mother", the areas showing the names of the legal parents had two male names.

Kim Jongin and Doh Kyungsoo. 

 

~~~~~~~~~