ChanBaek (excerpt from [FRUSTRATION] - same author)

Military Stories

The public had even been somewhat understanding when some of the members revealed long-term relationships that had been in effect long before EXO even began taking turns fulfilling their obligations to military service. 

The biggest, but still most obvious relationship reveal of course, had made thousands of EXOL ecstatic to say they had been right in their SNS posts using the tag #chanbaekisreal.  

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had confirmed their long-term relationship just after getting out of the military only weeks apart. 

The day Chanyeol had been released, Baekhyun was waiting with Minseok and Junmyeon as they watched him give his last salute in uniform. The watching fans gasped as, immediately after Chanyeol dropped his arm and been dismissed, he had taken off at a run straight into Baekhyun's waiting outstretched arms.  Minseok beamed and Junmyeon patted him on the back as Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun tightly with one hand around his back and one on his head that was buried in Chanyeol's broad chest. Only after Baekhyun pulled back and Chanyeol wiped a tear off his cheek did everyone realize both men were crying tears of joy. 

A collective murmur of understanding along with applause, excited squeals, and screams came from the fans around them, as well as the thousands watching through the hundreds of phones recording the sweet exchange. The squeals and screams continued as Chanyeol had hugged his fearless leader and loyal band-mate.  But his arm quickly returned to Baekhyun's waist, never leaving even as he waved to the fans and walked up to the microphones placed at a small podium.  Chanyeol had made a quick speech thanking all the support from everyone that had waited for him, looking at the fans but continuously glancing at Baekhyun who was standing to the side looking on proudly with Junmyeon and Minseok.

The final confirmation came when the four reunited members climbed into the waiting van shortly after. The pictures of Chanyeol holding Baekhyun sweetly on either side of his face and their faces pressed together was blurry as the van was already moving away from the venue, but the proof was there.

Chanbaek released a joint statement 24 hours later requesting privacy and respect, which, despite the fear of backlash, most of the fandom was happy to give. SM released their own statement showing a neutral yet supportive stance, and EXO got back to business as usual.    

 

~~~~~~~~~