Final

Call Me Oppa

"Yeah, a date. Is that okay with you?"


He felt it was an awkward place to propose such a request, but it felt right. He felt comfortable around Amber, and he hoped she felt the same. He brought a hand up to her face feeling how warm her cheeks were. She flinched at the contact, still not used to Key, or anyone for that matter, being so touchy and intimate.


"I guess...if this is out of pity, you really don't ha-"


Key cut her off, feeling upset that she would even think he'd done it out of pity. "Why would you think like that? I asked because I like you."


It was impossible; how could someone like Key like someone like her? He was the most effeminate guy she'd ever met, and she was far from girly.


"Yeah, but," Key interrupted her mid-sentence.


Almost as if he'd read her mind, he shook her hand, making sure she was looking at him.


"Please don't be this way. I like you, ara- okay? Yes, you're not the average girly-girl, but I like it. I don't want a boring, ordinary girl. Understood? I said it in English, so you should be able to understand...hopefully."


Amber giggled, but it was true, her Korean still needed improvement. The seriousness in the last sentence was hilarious, although he did mean it, she couldn't take it seriously.


A fuzzy feeling swam around in her chest, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. This was a first.


"Thank you, Kibum. Alright, it's a date."


She was shy, having never been in this type of situation. She figured no guys would like her that way. Amber was always considered 'one of the guys.'
It felt amazing. Somebody saw her as a girl, and that person was Key. She always had an admiration for him, but she never owned up to it. He seemed to good for her in her eyes.


All of a sudden, it felt like she'd hit a wall - warm, squishy one. Key had his arms wrapped tightly over her slender shoulders.


"Whoa, don't get too excited, buddy," she joked sarcastically.


He released her, peering into her deep brown eyes.


"Call me oppa.''


Both smiled in synchronization.


Key interlaced their fingers, quickly letting go to pull her into another, less-suffocating hug. Feeling at ease, she relaxed into his hold. She could stay like this all night.


Breaking the silence, Key half-giggled, "I wasn't sure if you'd say yes. I thought you might be gay."


Amber gasped, lightly punching him in the arm. She let out a teasing chuckle,


"It's okay, I thought you were gay too."

 

_______________________________________________

 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this. As I said in the foreword, this wasn't meant ot be a long, super romantic story. I like humor ^^ anyways, thank you so much for taking your time and reading my story, even if you didn't like it. Really, it means a lot. If you could let me know what you thought in the comments, it'd be awesome. ~ :)