Chapter 1

Call Me Oppa

The lights were dimmed, almost to the point of not being able to make out who was part of which band. The girls ran towards the stairs leading to the stage, Amber trailing behind.


"Hurry Amber! I'm in heels and I can still run faster than you," Krystal chirped back, accidently yelling into Sulli's ear.


Krystal was usually a mix of a friendly girl, a princess, and to be honest, a at times. Sulli was the same; the cameras rarely caught these moments, though.


All five wrapped their arms around eachother's shoulders in a circle, the excitement quickly building up.  


"Fighting!"


The energy was unbelievable; you could hear fans screaming wildly, assistants and managers bustling around, trying to collect the band members, and coordi-noonas rushing to finish the idols' makeup before their performance.


It was hectic, and Amber wasn't used to it quite yet, but she didn't really mind it.


Luna tapped the older's shoulder, a warm smile emitting from her glowing presence. "Good luck, unnie!" she said, holding up her fist.


"You too!" Amber felt semi-assured.


They all waited restlessly at the stairs, hidden by a large black drape.


The feeling in her stomach wouldn't rest; it's not like they hadn't performed before, so she wasn't sure why she was so nervous. She couldn't shake off the feeling, so she just shifted uneasily, practicing her lines silently.


A man with a clipboard and mic scurried up to Krystal, informing her that they were up next. This was it - all or nothing.


"Come on, guys." Krystal grabbed Sulli's hand, motioning the others to follow. They put on their best smiles and adjusted eachother's hair and outfits, ready to make their entrance. Everyone walked up to the top of the stairs, Amber standing a few stairs behind.


Amber was startled when she felt a hand prop itself on her shoulder, an arm snaking around her petite waist.


"Uh, who's that?"


No answer.


Her heart began pumping vigurously, so much she swore the other person could probably hear it.


"I have to go on stage soon...Henry?"


After a moment of silence, a deep voice flooded the tense atmosphere, a soft breath against her ear. "Don't worry, it's just me. I'm disappointed you couldn't tell your oppa's apart."


The arms released her as she turned to see the face of the mysterious figure.


"K-Kibum?" She squinted, trying to confirm the man's appearance. She could see the outline of his smile.


"Call me oppa, or Key."


Key and Amber were decently close, but lately both had been so busy that they rarely saw eachother or talked to one another.


Key enjoyed practicing his English with Amber; she was a relaxed and easy-going person to be around.


"Okay, um, so...why'd you do that?"


"Do what?" he asked, innocently.


She felt heat surface along the sides of her face. Thank gosh he couldn't see her.


"You know, hug me,"  she said slowly, shrugging as if it had no effect on her.


He reached for her dangling hand, "am I not allowed to or something?" he chuckled.


"No, of course, I mean, it's fine! Thanks, Key."


The idea of calling him 'oppa' would need to sink in.


Both stood quietly, hoping the other would speak up. Amber brushed a hand through her neatly styled hair, biting her lip awkwardly.


"I have to go on now, wish us luck!" Amber rushed off, pulling out of Key's grasp.


The brunette reached forward, grabbing the cuff of Amber's sleeve. Quick as a whip, he turned her right-round, pressing his lips firmly against the soft skin of her cheek.


"Good luck. ~"