Leap: Spring Confession

Leap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Listen to Confession and Spring In Me of Yesung featuring other artists while reading!]

In the living room, Claudia’s cutting out papers and stickers for a scrapbook she’s making as a wedding present for Jongwoon which is scheduled two days later. She compiled a lot of their photos; those that were taken individually and together. She also attached some receipts from their dates and travels—basically everything she thinks holds a special memory of them.

Claudia’s staring at a Polaroid photo she just pasted on the first page of the scrapbook, contemplating whether to tell her fiancé the story behind it or save it for later to surprise him.

After an hour or so of cutting, pasting and decorating, she cleaned the mess she made on the floor and hid the wrapped scrapbook in her closet.

She sat at the sofa and decided to wait for her fiancé so they can have dinner together. While waiting, she reminisced the very first time she saw Jongwoon in person and up close.

[FLASHBACK]

It was a special fansigning event for a product Jongwoon’s group were endorsing. It’s the kind of event where fans can interact and play with their idols on stage. The scale is pretty different from the other fansigning events there were as the venue was outdoors and only the stage is roofed.

The event has three programs; one song performance with short greetings, one fun long game with a few fans and the actual signing of posters.

More or less two hundred attendees were given a seat according to their favorite members that were divided by seven for seven active members at the time. After the first program, the emcee instructed the idols to choose one participating fan to represent each of them. The other members chose by stepping down the stage and going around the seats to point a random fan.

This was Claudia’s first time attending such event after becoming a fan that’s why she did everything just to have the front row seats to get a closer look at her favorite member. Jongwoon being the lazy man he is, remained at the stage as he didn’t want to go down and choose a distant fan so he safely chose the one that’s in front of him instead—Claudia whose head bowed down like she’s praying to get picked.

When she looked up by her seatmates tapping her, Jongwoon’s standing at the center of the stage looking perfectly ethereal as her memory remembers it.

He’s fairly tall and his built is just cuddly which makes me want to hug him so tight he wouldn’t be able to breathe properly. His expressions are all endearing and just lovely to look at you’ll never get tired of watching even after looking all your life. Though the gazes his eyes make when expressionless are intensely intimidating, whenever his eye-smile appears, it makes him look like a baby you want to protect at all cost. It’s game over whenever he laughs, the sound of it and his laughing face will make you feel light, like suddenly there’s no gravity pulling your weight down the earth—these were her very description of him that day.

Just like the other two before Claudia, she introduced herself and were given a chance to request something from her favorite member. The other two who went first both asked for a hug but Claudia has other things in mind.

“Um, hi. I’m not sure what to ask something from him because I’d like to do something for him instead.” she stated.

“Well this is new. May I know what you’d like to do for Yesung?” inquired the emcee.

“I’ll sing shortly for him.” she announced quietly.

“Okay... okay... A fan singing for her idol... Cool! Anytime you’re ready.”

Claudia took a deep breath and held the microphone tightly. She nervously stared into Jongwoon’s eyes before singing without accompaniment.

“~I keep thinking of your smile, it’s unforgettable
My mind’s full by the thought of you
What kind of spell did you put on me?
The flower in my heart is blooming
Can you hear my heartbeat?
You are the most beautiful star I’ve seen in my life
If you are there shining
In this world, if we can be together
There are no words and no expressions
That can show you how I feel but that’s okay
Love isn’t just an easy thing~”

Numerous different scenarios played in her head before attending the event that day as a preparation to whatever’s going to happen since she’s not good in handling spontaneous situations. So, she brought things she thought she can give to Jongwoon if were given an opportunity as part of her little preparation and one of the things she brought are hydrangeas which were hidden behind her back ever since she climbed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter