Leap: Between

Leap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Listen to Between of Yesung while reading!]

It’s been an hour since Jongwoon departed the summit and he’s only nearing half of the way to the jump-off point. While the sun’s starting to shade the path into an orange-yellow color, he stopped briefly to admire the nature’s natural way of painting the mountain trail. He was totally oblivious to what’s been waiting for him at the summit at this time around four years ago. If he didn’t take a nap, he could’ve met her earlier that day, they could’ve spent more time with each other—he thought.

As he continued to walk, he heard a rustle from one of the narrow paths at his right side. To his surprise, he saw a young lady struggle her way out of the bushes. He jumped out from being startled then held his chest while breathing unevenly.

She successfully came out of the bush with leaves on her hair after a few seconds of struggling. And the sight of the person in front of Jongwoon only surprised him even more. Even though he only saw her face once, he’s sure she’s the person he wanted to meet at the summit an hour ago.

“Soohyun?” he blurted out.

The sudden voice calling her name made her falter while she was dusting her clothes. When she looked up, her jaw dropped a little and unshed tear suddenly glistened her eyes. Maybe it’s from exhaustion that made her feel emotional than she should have but she’s just too overwhelmed with the sudden turn of events.

“Jo–Jongwoon?”

They longingly stared into each other’s eyes for almost half a minute, both completely frozen.

He remembers me? —is what came to her mind after calming herself.

“Soohyun...” he couldn’t bring himself to produce any other words than her name. He was just too surprised on how the destiny made them meet again.

Claudia held herself back from crying even though mentally she’s already sobbing while her heart’s screaming for his name. After getting herself together, she awkwardly raised her left hand to point at the summit without saying a word while tilting her head in a questioning way, curious if Jongwoon’s also on his way back from the summit.

Jongwoon cooed mentally over her cute gestures. He nodded as a response and was about to speak when she suddenly asked him a question, “You remembered me?” Puzzling look drew her face as she anticipated for his answer to be what she’s expecting.

“Of course.” He averted his gaze on the ground then continued, “How could I not?”

Claudia choked, “U–uh?”

Jongwoon cleared his throat, “How could I not when you’ve kept me comforted for four years? Thank you for that.”

Claudia froze and her eyes wondered around out of awkwardness. She can’t say anything. She wanted to act natural but she just doesn’t have the courage to talk more.

Her idol realizes her situation and decided to take the lead of the conversation.

“I’ve been–um, keeping your letters. It didn’t take me long to realize it was from you. I sincerely thank you for keeping your words, Soohyun-ah.”

“Um, you’re welcome.” she responded timidly, heart fluttering due to his informal way of calling her. Soohyun-ah.

“So–um, are you also on your way back?” he asks.

“Yes. I was on the other side but–uh, took a detour here because it’ll take me hours to get down if I don’t take this one instead.” she chuckled.

“Then we’re finally going back down together.” Jongwoon concluded, giving her a dreamy smile.

Claudia’s cheeks turned pink while giving him a disoriented nod and knowingly grin.

Jongwoon slowly approached the flushed lady across him with his right arm raised, seemingly reaching for something. She flinched a little because of it and caused both of them to freeze. They stayed frozen for a moment before Jongwoon could proceed with what he’s about to do. Claudia just stood still and let her idol’s hand reach her while eyeing his gestures. When he finally reached her, he gently removed some leaves on her hair while her gaze was locked on his small feature, quietly admiring the sight she’ll never get used to.

After successfully removing the leaves, their eyes made contact when Jongwoon looked down at her, faces were only few inches apart. They felt like time has stopped while their eyes shined dreamily as if they’re watching colorful fireworks in the orange sky above them.

Jongwoon gulped then broke the silence, “Um, sh–should we go now? Sun’s about...to set.” he suggested while slowly backing away from her with unsteady eyes.

“Oh, right.” she snapped, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter