Leap: Parallel Lines

Leap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: I'd suggest the title itself but the lyrics doesn't suit this chapter so listen to Wish of Yesung while reading instead!]

*ding!*

Claudia got a notification from her social media account—Jongwoon’s latest update. She put the spoon down on the table, excitedly clicked the notification and was shown a photo of her idol standing with a bricked-wall background; both hands with a peace sign in front of his eyes, a kind of pose she also often does. What especially caught her eyes is the charm bracelet she gave him at the fanmeeting. He’s still wearing it—she sighed in delight. She read the caption that says ‘Thank you’ with a cloud, mountain and shooting star emoji next to it.

Is this meant for me? No way. I’m just imagining it—she shrugged, liked the photo and replied privately nonetheless, “You’re welcome, Jongwoon! Glad you liked it.” Although she knew he wouldn’t read it at all, Claudia likes sending him private messages like that; greetings and some other stuffs she knew he wouldn’t ever have the chance to read.

With the number of his followers, he probably receive private messages like this all the time. Is this creepy though? My constant private messages? I think not, no? Since you’re a very well-known person, I think this is just normal? If you’re not then it’ll be really creepy, I’ll admit that—she laughed at the ridiculous thought while doing the dishes.

She then proceeded in arranging her still packed things. After arriving a few days ago, she hasn’t unpacked yet because she was busy preparing for the fanmeeting; booking the ticket, looking for a gift and rewriting the letter she prepared over and over.

She was only given a one-week allowance to adjust before starting her work, and going back to the mountain where she had memorable memories with Jongwoon is where she’s going to spend the last day of it before she gets busy.

Claudia flopped to her bed and sighed, thinking about Jongwoon. He may post a lot but not really enough for her to know how he is. She just worries about her idol a lot as much as she breathes.

It’s only around ten in the evening but she’s already sleepy than most days. She opened her phone and scrolled through Jongwoon’s social media account before drifting to sleep.

[THE NEXT DAY]

Back in Claudia’s country home, she managed to climb a few mountains as a practice so that she can prepare for this, so that she can climb back within the day because unlike last time, she may not spend the night with a safe person again—that and simply because she has an early appointment the next day because even if it’s supposed to be a long weekend for her, she’s required to report to her employer within those days as her one week allowance is over. So, it’s decided that she needs to be home within the day if she still wants to be employed when she gets back.

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter