Leap: My Dear

Leap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Listen to My Dear of Yesung while reading!]

“Thank you! Kindly provide your name to the usher so you can enter the backstage later and receive your special gift from your favorite member!” instructed the emcee to a fan on stage.

“Now we’re on our last lucky fan! Yesung, kindly draw a paper from your box.” requested the emcee, handing the box to the said man.

Jongwoon or Yesung, felt fidgety for some reason. He doesn’t know why as usual. He broke cold sweats as he picked a piece of paper from the small box and handed it to the emcee beside her.

“Alright! Please come up on stage, Ms. San Seonnyeon!” she read the name carefully then continued, “Well, that’s a pretty weird name don’t you all think?” the emcee commented and everyone in the venue laughed except for Jongwoon. He still feels uneasy amidst the cheery environment.

I knew it, naming things or people is really not for me—the lady with the said name thought to herself. She stood up from a seat located near the aisle; her favorite seat which has easy access to the exit. She looked up at the stage and got nervous. Everyone’s looking at her, some murmuring the name taped to her chest; a name tag that everyone also has. She’s never comfortable of people staring at her, it freezes her, like feet being nailed to the floor. She didn’t expect she’ll get picked because she’s not really a lucky person but it was a good thing she dressed accordingly so that her face wouldn’t be seen clearly even with her seatmate. It was the same hairstyle as always—short. Her face almost covered with the cap and mask. What she’s wearing is really plain but she stands out because of her mysteriousness. The other attendees were all about styles and fashion but she’s the only one who didn’t bother to dress up.

“Ms. San Seonnyeon? Please come up on stage or we’ll call another one. You don’t want to miss this opportunity, right?” the emcee said.

Right, I shouldn’t. Well, here goes nothing—the said young lady took all her courage and stepped forward until she reached the stairs to the stage. She was looking down the entire time she was walking that she didn’t notice Jongwoon approaching her, offering her a hand to climb the stage. She looked up and felt like crying. It’s been so long—she’s in the verge of tears but obviously she should hold back herself from doing so. Making a scene and earning more pair of eyes was never part of her plan.

The mysterious looking girl lifted her head and held Jongwoon’s hand lightly, avoiding eye contact. Oh, it has been a long time too—referring to holding her idol’s hand. She felt giddy to be able to feel them again. She was escorted by him in the corner of the stage with a standing microphone and made his way to his own seat; a high chair at the other corner of the stage, lined up with his bandmates.

“Just like earlier, you can say anything you want to your favorite member before he can give you a special gift of his own choice that will be given backstage.”

Appearing on stage like this is basic fan culture, no one would ask you to remove your cap and mask and that’s a relief for her.

She said ‘Ah’ three times as she was testing the mic. She breathes in heavily and stood straight to focus on what she prepared to say ever since her “name” was called.

“Um, hi, everyone. How are you? I–um, love the latest release. I especially love all Jo–Yesung’s part.” her awkwardness silenced the whole venue, all eyes and ears on her.

“Hi, Ye–Yesung.” It’s nice to see you again—she’s choking.

“She seems really nervous, everyone. Would you like some water to calm you down or would you like Yesung to comfort you?” the emcee offered teasingly.

Can he hold my hand again? —is what she wanted to answer but murmured “I’m fine, thanks.” instead.

Jongwoon’s starting to have a familiar feeling with the fan, since he only felt it once in his life, it’s hard to recall which from.

“I just want to say that you did amazing again this comeback. I mean, you always did even on your rookie days. You looked really confident performing recently. I don’t know about others but I love seeing Yesung the most when he’s on stage performing because that’s where he looks the most confident and I love a confident Yesung.” and I love seeing Jongwoon the most when he’s sitting beside me—the venue’s center of attention sighs.

“You’ve changed a lot these past few years but I still hope you’ll continue being confident in other things too—in everything you do. Almost two years after your first solo album, I’ve listened to ‘My Dear’ then looked up the meaning of it and thought it was really nice, especially when it’s written by you. I’ve been listening to it since then as I’ve enjoyed the melody of it and the sound of your voice.” she chuckled to herself, crowd’s getting confused where she’s going with this.

“Then this one particular night; it was around after two years of listening to it, I was having one of my gloomy moments again. On some days I feel down, I don’t really cry regardless of what song I play while lying in bed at night but when I my phone and played ‘My Dear’ that time, in the middle of the song while letting myself soothe with your voice, I cried. I haven’t had a good cry for a long time before that and thanks to that song and your voice I was able to release some weighs in my chest I didn’t know which coming from and slept well after.” she paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

“What I’m trying to say is... this is just one of many proofs that you’re able to comfort people and/or reach their hearts even before in ways you don’t even know. Therefore, your work does have an effect to people especially to your fans. Please believe in yourself more and stop doubting your capabilities. I assure you that we fans will always be here for you, supporting whatever you choose to do wherever we are because for us; you’re the best. We wouldn’t be here if you aren’t, right? I hope through this, in return, we’re able to cheer you up as well. Let’s be each other’s strength, Yesung. Let’s ease each other’s worries in life.”

Jongwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter