Practically Babysitting

Brat with Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a normal day, Officer Jung wakes up before her alarm rings. On a normal day, she will go and stretch a bit as she stands up. Slides her curtains on her window and looks out to greet the kid she sees every morning. She doesn’t even know her name, but the child never forgets to wave on her which makes her day a little brighter. On a normal day she would go to her kitchen and cook a light meal. Fried rice partnered with bacon and two boiled eggs. She finished her meal with a hot chocolate. She always says she hates coffee however her body asks for it sometimes. On a normal day, she takes a bath and enjoy some steam inside, a little scrub, vanilla soap she loves and her vanilla shampoo. She likes it simple; she likes it fresh. On a normal day, she will get dressed inside her closet, touches her precious badge, grins wide and taps her chest few times before saluting to her own reflection. On a normal day, she walks going to her office. It is just two blocks away, anyway. On a normal day, she would pass by Sik-k’s café to at least greet him or order a slice of cake she feels like eating. On a normal day, she would smile to all her officemates and start her day.

But today is no normal day

Last night, after taking her boss home – carry – because it was so drunk and fell asleep on her car. She carried her on her back, face pressed on her neck. It was fine on the first minutes but not when Byul started mumbling things she doesn’t actually understand. Aside from the words: dad, mom, you, and a particular him, everything was murmured. And if not with the vibrations it sends to her whole body, handling this spoiled brat is good as carrying a sack of rice she used to bear back on her training days.

Wheein was so thankful a maid approached her, not surprised to the state of their boss. The old woman guided them to the room, big enough to be her apartment. She carefully placed the sleeping figure on her bed. She bowed on a younger woman, this time. Finally understanding that she has a lot of caretakers.

Gasping as soon as she left, another number of woman entered the room, one with pair of clothes, one with a bowl of water, one with white towel and one with a pitcher of water, a glass and maybe a box of medicine. She doesn’t pay much attention on the last one as another girl approached her, “Officer Jung, come with me, will you? Master Moon has informed us of your arrival. Your room is ready. We will get your things in your car” she finished talking as she opened a door. Indicating the it was her room.

Wheein stammer as she thanks the girl for bringing her there. This room is obviously smaller to the first one she entered nonetheless; it is still too big to be just her bedroom. She cleaned herself and settled on her new bed.

She rolls as she finds it hard to fall sleep. Aside from the lavender soap she used, she is uncomfortable. The bed is too soft, the comforter is too thick, there is even a humidifier. She sees her sister having that and she doesn’t like it. Specially in mint scent. Wheein wanted to turn this off but she can’t. That looks different from what Eunji has.

The young police officer checked her phone, frown on the sudden light. 1am it registers. She was again reminded that if it were a normal day, she would be asleep at 10pm. Wheein turn her alarm on. Its not her police job anymore, but she has to be responsible as before.




 

 

 

 


 

As she expected, the alarm of her phone woke her up. 6am. She stands from her bed as she realized it was not hers. A sudden hit of realization, she caresses her temple. This is her normal day now. Her head hurts. She is sure she only has 3 hours of sleep, max. She took a bath and walked to Byul’s room.

“Officer Jung, breakfast is ready. Let’s go downstairs” the maid who assisted her last night said as she was about to knock on her boss’ bedroom.

Wheein thinks if the girl was already in the dining but then she has to make sure “Oh, thank you, ma’am. Is Byul already there?” shocked, the other woman pulled her away from the front of the room.

With an amused and surprised expression, the maid stated “Officer Jung, once the young madame is asleep no one is allowed to wake her up. Not even if her parents are here. Master Moon will wake her up, anyway” the police officer didn’t even realize she was being dragged downstairs.

Stopping their track, “Ma’am, I am the new bodyguard of Byul. I have a permission from Mr. Moon. To train and discipline her” she said firmly. Walking back to the room

What she said was true, nevertheless. With the short briefing she has with the Moons, she is allowed to do everything to their daughter as long as it won’t hurt the heiress and she do her guarding job.

After 3 knocks, she took her path towards the king size bed. She also got a glimpse of the Moon Byulyi she is spending her next few weeks. Just weeks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter