Bodyguard's Day 1

Brat with Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeong Wheein, a police officer for 5 years now has returned to work after a week off. Her last case was a failure. Nonetheless, it was accomplished. The criminal that has been chased by the Jeonju Police Department is now captured… by other police officers.

She fixed old case folders on her table and took a deep breath before sitting on her chair. Her fractured arm is healing, almost perfect, as if nothing happens. But the bullet scar on her right shoulder says otherwise. Sometimes, she can feel it stings. With some thoughts. Like, right now.

The trail of her thoughts is interrupted by three knocks on her office door… “Senior Police Officer Jeong, Major Jeong is asking you to her office. Immediately” she informed after a salute. “And… ah… welcome back, officer Jeong” smiling with a blush. That’s Namjoo. They are of the same age, but they never talk out of work. Though, she has always known she has a crush on her or better say, the whole department knows. And Senior Police Officer Jeong’s first work principle? Never date a co-worker. She nods and smile before the other woman closed the door tight

She stands up and straighten her uniform. She closed her eyes and inhaled. Exhaling very slow while opening her eyes. “I guess, this is it” she whispered as she looks at her reflection in the mirror she as in her office. Stretching her arms, pivoting on her joint, feeling if it still hurts. The brown-haired girl grins as she senses nothing. Unknowingly, she touched her right shoulder. As she felt it stung. Her hand slides on her badge. A symbol of her achieved childhood dream she shared with her older sister.

It felt like she has walked for a day before she reached her supervisor’s office. Almost did not want to knock… “Come in” it was the familiar voice she always hears however it feels different now. She opened the door gently. Revealing a woman in her uniform, color different. Well, she is a superior, that is why. She is older also. She served longer that hers. The woman smiled, erasing the frown she has while reading a report folder she has on her hands. “Sit down, Officer Jeong” she commanded.

She fixed her eyeglasses as she put the papers down. “It has been a week now, Officer Jeong. And the report says you are fitted to work. But with limited tasks and light jobs only. Your shoulder injury is very severe, we have to keep an eye to that” the black-haired police officer said, scanning the other police in the office.

“Yes, Major Jeong. I know, don’t worry. And I have been monitoring this wound. I think it will get better in 2 weeks’ time. Thank you for the concern” the brown-haired girl answered with the same stern look she maintains.

Major Jeong cleared and took off her glasses. The younger police grimace on that. She knows what it means. “Officer Jeong, we both know the mission you failed. Which almost took your life…” the older walks off her seat. She placed her hand on the younger’s shoulder. The unwounded shoulder. “I know the week off is enough for you to recover. I know you, officer. You are competent. But the uppers have ordered me to… ahmm…” she paused. Continued walking as she sits in front of Wheein. She reached for the younger’s hands. “to… ahmm… demote you”. The brown-haired girl withdrawn her hands and stood.

“What? That was one mistake, Major! I know I failed my mission but that was just once. I have always been true to my profession” Wheein almost shouted. But she remembered the woman in front of her is still her superior. “Ma’am, I don’t want to be demoted. I will work harder if that’s they want me to do. There is no need to demote me” she calmed down a bit as she looks at her boss’ eyes. There is sympathy.

Major Jeong stand up, to level the younger. “I am sorry, Wheein. You know we only follow orders from the superior commanders” she wanted to embrace officer Jeong but she was pushed away

“Eunji unnie, please! Of all people, you know how much I wanted this job. How much of my life is invested in my work. How much I love being here” Wheein almost cry however she has no plan to show her weak side. Not even to her sister.

“I know, Wheena. That is why it was just a demotion. I was asked to dismiss you on your position. I did my best to persuade them not to” Eunji hold her sister firmly on both of her arms. “Please! This is the least I can do as your superior…” lowered her head before speaking “and the best as your sister” Major Jeong finally hugged Wheein.

“Fine! Then what am I going to do now? Traffic enforcer? Damn, back in my old job!” she chuckled as she makes the atmosphere light. She knows her sister well. She too, can’t take this news. Although, her smile vanished as the older pass by her and took a folder on her side table. Handed it to her. “This is definitely babysitting, unnie. What the heck!”

The black-haired girl stamped her hand on the table which made Wheein irritated. She can’t complain now. They are back on being the junior and the se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter