No Longer

Temporary Housekeeper

Haechan

I told myself before that I would give up on my feelings for Hyeyoon noona if I found out she liked someone else.

I knew that my competition for Hyeyoon noona’s heart was Doyoung hyung. I thought that he was my only rival. Then I find out Taeyong hyung also likes her! He basically announced it when he told everyone at the elevator yesterday that he was going to ask Hyeyoon noona if she wanted a ride home.

I kind of lost hope that I could win her affection when the three of us were at the laundry room the other day. I saw the confidence in Taeyong hyung’s eyes when he talked to her. I had a sense that the two of them had been out together a couple of times. I felt like I was the third wheel!

But then when noona turned him down, I gained hope again. I believed that I still had a chance with her. I wanted Hyeyoon noona to see me as a man. I thought that maybe if I went to her house after the sasaeng attack she would realize that I care about her and I’m a man who can protect her.

Now I discover that someone else was ahead of the race all along. Jaehyun hyung was the hidden opponent that I didn’t uncover. Prince Jaehyun swooped in for the kill and got the princess. Meanwhile, here I am the heartbroken knight who never got the chance to shine in his armor.

I should surrender now and admit defeat.

 

 

 

Doyoung

I had it all figured out. Or so I thought.

I was convinced that I knew everyone who liked Hyeyoon. Haechan, being the loud teenager that he is, was easy. Then my best friend comes out and reveals he likes her too which made the situation complicated. It didn’t sit well for me that we like the same person.

I’ve been close friends with Taeyong for years now and over that time we’ve had our fair share of fights. But, it was never about love and dating. It would usually be something petty or something that involved the group. Frankly, I didn’t know what to make of the circumstance. I mean, what would you do if you found out your best friend likes the same girl as you? Would you back off or would you fight?

I hoped the three of us could have a fair competition; Haechan, Taeyong, and I. But all this time, I was blindsided by Jaehyun who was actually our true opponent. Why didn’t I notice him these past few weeks? I was so focused on Taeyong and Haechan that I failed to grasp that Jaehyun was growing feelings for Hyeyoon too.

Seeing her in his arms now. Him kissing her under the night sky. It pains me. I was so worried that she was seriously hurt because of those sasaengs. I wanted to rush to her and ask her if she was okay. I wanted to be the one to care for her. But somebody else has beaten me to it.

However, I’m not the type of person who gives up without a fight.

It’s not over yet.

 

 

 

Taeyong

I spent my morning and afternoon at the studio to work on my music but I was often distracted by thoughts of Hyeyoon. I thought deeply about my feelings for her and I finally made up my mind to confess to her tonight. I was planning to sneak out of our dorm without anyone noticing and driving to her apartment. I was going to tell her in person that I like her a lot.

But, things got difficult when I found out she got assaulted by our group’s sasaengs. What makes it even worse is that she got attacked because of ME. I had a sense that someone might have seen me driving her home during that day we ate that drive-thru meal together but I thoughtlessly brushed it off thinking that maybe it was someone who didn’t know who I was.

Hyeyoon got insulted and battered because of me! This isn’t even the first time she got hurt due to my actions. I approached her in a dark parking lot, like a ing creep! Comparable to any normal girl walking alone at night, she probably thought I was a mugger or a . She got scared so she ran away. She ended up injuring herself and had to miss a day of work because of me! I should have known by then that I bring nothing but trouble to her.

She was right to decline my offer to give her another ride home yesterday. Although honestly I was very hurt when she turned me down. I was so surprised when she said no because I believed I was making progress with her and assumed we’ve become closer. But the way she looked at me at the laundry room, like I was someone she didn’t want to be with, really pained me.

Still, I hoped I could change that if I confessed to her. That’s why I agreed to come with the other members to her home, I knew it wouldn’t be the perfect moment for a confession. But I felt like I was running out of time after Doyoung’s sudden revelation to everyone. I needed her to know how I felt about her. How I tried to drive her home whenever I could because it’s the only excuse I could come up with to spend time with her. I desired to hold her in my arms again and always be with her. I longed to become someone she could rely on. Someone she could trust to share her worries with.

I could see it in her eyes, a sadness that comes out whenever she falls quiet and looks away towards the empty distance; as if she was still carrying a heavy burden in her heart. However, I never brought it up because I knew I needed to gain her trust first. I wanted to wait for her to tell me about her sadness on her own.

But now, I see that she no longer needs me.