Assault

Temporary Housekeeper

It’s a bright sunny Friday and, even though they didn’t have a group schedule, everyone was up early. Mark, Jungwoo, and Haechan were the first ones to leave. They were going to a photoshoot as the maknae line for a popular magazine.

Meanwhile, the gym buddies Johnny, Yuta, and Taeil all planned to work out in the morning today because Taeil wanted to spend his afternoon preparing for his date with Hyerim.

On the other hand their leader, Taeyong, wanted to use his free day to work on his music. He wished to stay for a while to see Hyeyoon before he left for the studio. But after remembering the uncomfortable situation he had with her yesterday, he chose to leave right after eating a quick meal. He thought focusing on his music might help him clear his conflicted thoughts about Hyeyoon.

Doyoung was the last one to leave the dorm. He and his older brother, Gongmyung, have been looking forward to their “brother’s day off” for weeks now. They agreed to go out in the morning so they could visit their parents before the two of them would use their afternoon shopping around and visiting new places.

The only person left in the dorm was Jaehyun, who had zero plans to go out. He wanted to just rest at home for today. He didn’t mind being by himself in the apartment because it meant he would be alone with Hyeyoon again. Just like last Monday when she took care of him.

 

 

 

Jaehyun

I scrolled aimlessly on Instagram while I lay on my back on the sofa. I have the dorm all to myself today, something that rarely happens, that’s why I’m relaxing in the living room instead of being on my bed.

It’s my free day and I really wanted to sleep in until noon. But, I don’t want to waste any of the time I will have with Ms. Han today. I won’t be able to see her again for a couple of days since it’s going to be the weekend tomorrow. That’s why I uncharacteristically woke up early and ate breakfast with the guys before they left.

I feel butterflies in my stomach as my mind wandered with thoughts about seeing her and being alone with her… I stop myself before I start thinking inappropriately. I should help her do the housework and then cook lunch for the two of us later. I suddenly remember the dirty dishes piled up in the kitchen. I ought to wash them before she arrives.

The dorm was quiet except for the sounds of running water and clinking plates in the sink. By the time I’m done with cleaning up, Ms. Han would be at the fifth floor dorm already. I wonder if I should start calling her Hyeyoon instead of Ms. Han? Then she can just address me as oppa, just imagining her calling me oppa is driving me nuts.

I wiped my hands on a dry towel as I looked around the kitchen with a smile plastered on my face. Daydreaming about Ms. Han has made me this way. I want to make sure everything’s clean before I head downstairs to meet her. This way she won’t have any work to do here in our dorm other than some laundry.

Everything looked spotless and orderly, so I headed down to the lower floor. I smelled my shirt as I rode the elevator, do I smell good? Maybe I should have showered first. Well, it’s too late now since I’m already here.

I rang the doorbell so I wouldn’t startle her from suddenly entering the apartment. After ringing twice, it seemed like there wasn’t anyone inside. I checked the time on my phone, it’s already close to 10 in the morning.

Is she perhaps running late? But I don’t think Hyeyoon’s the type to come in to work late. I let myself in and looked for her, thinking that maybe she just didn’t hear the sound of the doorbell. I check every room but she wasn’t in any of them.

Why do I feel like something bad happened to her? I paced around the living room, feeling anxious. I’ll feel more at ease if I wait for her at the lobby. The elevator ride going down felt slower than usual.

When the doors opened, I immediately saw a small crowd of young girls assembled in front of the entrance. I’m not surprised sasaengs are waiting around our dorm. But, I found it odd that they seemed to be screaming at someone in the middle of the circle they formed. I walked out of the elevators and squinted to see who it was.

. It’s Ms. Han! What the hell are they trying to do with her?!

I ran outside, screaming “get away from her!”

Hyeyoon was crying, shaking and was covering her ears. She looked terrified making my anger rise up. The sasaengs ran away when they saw me. I fought the urge to chase after them so I could punch each one of them but I must take care of Hyeyoon.

She was beginning to hyperventilate and didn’t even seem to notice me coming to her. Her hair and clothes were wet with what smelled like rotten milk. Her belongings were strewn around the street and I could see her bag was ripped to shreds. What did those es do to her?

I wrapped my arms around her, “Hyeyoon, it’s me. It’s Jaehyun.”

She looked up and seemed to recognize me, “plea-please make it it stop…” Her eyes were filled with tears and she struggled with every breath she took. I felt a sharp pain in my heart seeing her like this. It seemed like she was having a panic attack.

“You’re safe with me, I’m here now” I brush her hair away from her eyes while I gently her back to calm her. I started guiding her to walk inside the building but her legs were trembling badly.

“Let me take you in,” I took her in my arms and carried her.

I could feel her hot ragged breath on my chest as I continued to bring her while we rode the elevator going up. “They’re not here anymore, you’re safe,” I whisper softly to her.

It seemed to calm her down a little so I kept delicately talking to her, “you’re going to be okay Hyeyoon. I’m here for you. Can you breathe in and out with me?”

I guided her to take slower breaths and she followed. The elevator stopped at the tenth floor and I carried her in to our dorm. I kneeled and gently placed her on the sofa. She was breathing more evenly now but there were still tears flowing out her eyes. I wiped them off with my palm as I looked at her face. She looked so vulnerable and afraid.

I hug her once more, “you’re safe now Hyeyoon.” I felt her hands wrap around me as well and we stayed like that for a while.

Her heart beat pounded against my own as I kept her tightly enveloped in my arms. Eventually, her heart slowed down to a steadier pace and she slowly let go of me.

“Let me get you some water and a change of clothes,” I tell her.

I start to get up when she grabs the bottom of shirt, “please don’t leave me alone. I’m so scared…”

“Of course, I won’t leave you Hyeyoon,” I sit down beside her.

She puts her head on my shoulder, like she’s very exhausted. I slowly put an arm around her, watching her reaction if she didn’t want my touch. She snuggled even closer to me, making me certain she was comfortable with what I was doing.

“I won’t let that happen to you again,” I say, placing a small kiss on her head.

 

 

 

I cooked two plates of kimchi fried rice with sunny side up eggs for our lunch. Hyeyoon’s changed out of her wet clothes and was wearing one of my oversized black shirts since there wasn’t anything else she could wear.

We quietly ate in the kitchen, seated right next to each other. Her hair was still damp from the shower she just took. She didn’t smell like spoiled milk anymore. Instead, I could smell my shampoo on her. It made me strangely pleased that she picked my shampoo out of the five bottles in the bathroom.

“Do you want more? I can cook you another one,” I ask her when she finishes the plate.

“No, thank you.”

She starts gathering all the dirty plates but I quickly stop her. “No, please let me do it.”

I gently push her back to her seat and start doing the dishes. She remained quietly seated while I finished cleaning up. “You look very tired, Hyeyoon. Do you want to go home now? I can accompany you home if you’d like,” I ask her as I take a seat beside her.

“I do want to go home but I’m going to be there all alone…”

“Do you live alone?”

She shakes her head, “I live with my unnie but she won’t be home until probably later because she has a date.”

Right, her sister’s going on a dinner date with Taeil tonight.

“I can stay with you until your unnie comes home,” I tell her with a smile.

“Are you sure you’re okay with that? Maybe I’m being too…”

I interrupt her, “I can stay with you for as long as you need me to, don’t worry about anything.”

She searches my face, as if checking if I was really telling the truth. I could see fear in her eyes, she truly didn’t want to be alone after what happened. I look back at her, trying my best to show her that I would always be there for her.

My feelings for her have grown tremendously after seeing her get attacked by those sasaengs today. I realized that I couldn’t stand the thought of her getting hurt, much more the thought of losing her. I only want to see her happy and safe.

Hyeyoon could ask me for anything and I would give it to her because she already owns my heart.

 

 

 

“Here we are,” Hyeyoon says as she opens the door of the small studio apartment that her unnie rents.

Jaehyun follows her in, carefully taking off his shoes before entering. He looked around and thought the place looked absolutely clean and charming. There was a very feminine feeling in the room which he thinks is a nice change from NCT’s testosterone filled condominiums.

“I’m going to get changed. I’m sorry if the place is too small but please make yourself comfortable” she stops momentarily before continuing, “Mr. Jaehyun…”

Jaehyun found it cute how she hesistated. She unintentionally called him oppa on their taxi ride going here. He didn’t want her to take the bus going home because he knew it would be too uncomfortable for her if she walked around wearing an oversized black shirt that came just above her knees.

When they were still at the  dorm, he was too concerned about Hyeyoon’s well-being after witnessing her get assaulted that he never really noticed how y she looked while wearing his shirt. She always wore baggy clothes whenever she went to work that he never knew she had this body. Even though she wasn’t tall, her legs looked great because of her good proportions.

He stops himself from having any more thoughts of her body. Jaehyun couldn’t deny that he is a man after all but he doesn’t want to disrespect her even in his own thoughts.

Hyeyoon was already out of the bathroom after getting in to her own clothes. She looks at Jaehyun who was awkwardly standing in the middle of the space. They both felt the intense tension in the room as they stared at each other, not really knowing what to do.

“I’ll return your shirt after I wash it,” Hyeyoon speaks, trying to break the silence.

“Su-sure,” Jaehyun says, then clears his throat. He was still trying to control his very suggestive thoughts.

Hyeyoon felt sleepy. Sleep had become easier for her over the past two weeks since she started working in NCT’s dorms. She wanted to take a nap but thought it might be rude to Jaehyun. She tried to suppress her yawn but failed.

He saw how tired and lethargic she looked. “You should sleep, you must be very tired.”

He guides her to the bed at the corner of the room. Her heart beat quickened from his touch and his actions. She lets herself be led by Jaehyun. She climbs into the bed and lays her head on the pillow. He covers her with the blanket as he looks at her with the warmest gaze.

Jaehyun had so many urges at the moment, including the impulse to kiss her lips, but suppressed all of them. He leaned in slowly, he decided that he’ll settle for a kiss on the head, just like what he did at the dorm. He was observing her, waiting for her to push him away if she wanted him to stop but she remained still and was looking up at him eagerly.

He placed a chaste kiss on her forehead then whispered, “close your eyes and go to sleep Hyeyoon.”