Laundry and Lunch

Temporary Housekeeper

Hyeyoon arrives on the 5th floor and rings the doorbell. A minute later, Haechan answers the door. “Oh hi Ms. Han, please come in!”

Haechan didn't notice it earlier because of how embarrassed he felt but Ms. Han was actually pretty. Very pretty. He didn't realize he was blocking the way into the apartment. He mumbles, "sorry" and steps aside to let her in.

She bows and goes straight to the utility room. All the white clothes were done being washed and now she needed to load them into the dryer. Haechan followed her and asked if he could help.

“No, you don’t have to” Hyeyoon replies as she starts transferring the clothes into the drying machine. They were a bit heavy since they’re wet. She struggles a little causing a pair of white boxers to fall on the floor.

Haechan’s eyes widened when he saw the underwear falling. He used to not mind if auntie washed their underwear but if a young and pretty noona did it then it’s a bit…

Haechan’s mind starts drifting as he stared at the piece of underwear on the ground. Is Ms. Han older than him? She looks about Jaehyun hyung or Jungwoo hyung's age. Hyeyoon picks up the boxers nonchalantly and puts it in the dryer with the rest of the white clothes. Haechan coughs awkwardly, feeling oddly embarrassed. Hyeyoon continues to do her work and loads the colored clothes into the washer.

Haechan helps her put the clothes in without asking her. He feels awkward each time he spots a piece of underwear in the pile of laundry. “Um Ms. Han? Next time, can you leave our underwear please? We’ll wash them ourselves” Haechan asks after they finished loading the clothes.

“No, let me wash them. I'm your housekeeper so I should wash everything for you,” Hyeyoon answers in a very business-like manner. She's trying her best to stay calm depsite being alone with a very gorgeous purple-haired guy in a tight room. She doesn't really like it that he's helping her do the laundry but she doesn't know how to tell him to leave her alone to work.

“But noona, it’s a bit awkward if you do it…”

Hyeyoon's heart skips a beat when he suddenly called her “noona”. She turns to face Haechan who was standing right next to her, he wasn’t as tall as the other guys but still, he still towered over Hyeyoon. Because of the small space, they were standing very close to each other. Her heart was racing from how close they were.

Seeing her this near, Haechan could see how pretty her eyes looked but there was something sad about them. He didn't like that she was avoiding eye contact with him.

“Um… I don’t think you should call me noona,” she says, keeping her eyes on the sparkling strands on his hair. She couldn't handle looking straight into his eyes, she thinks she's going to melt from his gaze.

“Why not? I was born on 2000, are we perhaps the same age?”

“I was born on 1998 but I think Ms. Han would be more suitable...” If he keeps calling her noona, she's going to get a heart attack from how much her heart flutters.

She is a noona! Haechan doesn’t know why but he feels happy that he gets to call her noona. “But I’d like to call you noona, can’t I call you that way?” Haechan says, unknowingly acting cute in front of her.

Hyeyoon was losing her composure. How can he be cute and handsome at the same time? She finds it weird how her thoughts and heart is reacting to Haechan and even towards the other guys, maybe because they're so handsome that's why she's reacting this way?

“Uh… I guess you can?” she says, not really thinking straight.

“Great! I get to call you noona! We’ll also wash our own underwear, okay noona?” Haechan says, smiling widely at her. He doesn’t let her answer and he leaves the utility room.

Hyeyoon stares at the space where Haechan just was. She'll definitely need to control her heart for the next weeks if she wants to do her housekeeping job well. She heads out to the living area so she could finish what she was trying to do earlier: vacuuming. She looks for the vacuum and finds it in a corner in the living room. She vacuums the entire space quickly while no one was there. All of the group members must be in their bedrooms, she thinks.

She heads to the kitchen to start preparing lunch. She begins by cooking rice on the rice cooker. Then, she starts chopping up some vegetables for the chicken soup that she’s going to make. It’s a dish that she’s sure will suit their taste. She’s also ensuring that she has enough to feed all nine members plus their manager.

Meanwhile, Doyoung was on his way to the kitchen. He kept repeating, “I’m hungry” to himself while he walked. He didn’t know Hyeyoon would be there.

“I’m so hun-“ he stops when he sees Hyeyoon chopping up some vegetables. They stare awkwardly at each other in complete silence for what felt like an eternity. Both of them, recalling in their minds what happened an hour ago.

“You must be hungry… um, I’m sorry but can you wait a little bit? I just started cooking,” Hyeyoon breaks the silence. She hurriedly finishes chopping up the vegetables and fires up the stove.

Doyoung wants to slap himself for being such a rude idiot. He wishes the earth would just swallow him because of how embarrassed he felt. You should apologize to her! He thinks to himself.

“About earlier… I’m really really sorry. I really thought you were a sasaeng.”

“It’s alright,” Hyeyoon could sense his sincerity and he sounds like he’s really worried that he offended her. She reassures him with a small smile and Doyoung could feel that the awkward air clear up. He also couldn’t help but notice how pretty she looks with her smile.

“Was I too rough on you? Did you get hurt?” Doyoung asks. What if she got a bruise or a wound when I basically pushed her out of the apartment?! He goes closer to her and starts scanning her body.

“I’m completely fine,” feeling self-conscious by what he’s doing.

She walks towards the stove and starts putting the ingredients for the chicken soup in the pot to escape his gaze. But, Doyoung follows her with some spices in hand. He seems to know what he’s doing. Does he know how to cook?

“Please let me help,” he says as he grabs a long wooden spoon to stir all the ingredients in the pot. Hyeyoon steps aside to give him space.

“It already smells delicious,” Doyoung complements her as he stirs while pouring spices into the pot.

He really looks so much like a rabbit, a handsome white rabbit. For a second Hyeyoon got lost in her own thoughts that she didn’t hear what Doyoung said.

“Ms. Han, I think the laundry is already done. I can hear the washing machine beeping,” Doyoung repeated.

“The laundry? But the soup…”

“Don’t worry about the soup, I can continue cooking so you can finish the laundry.”

“Thank you,” Hyeyoon says before briskly walking to the utility room.

Although she doesn’t like getting help, she needed to finish the laundry on this dorm so she can get started on the 10th floor dorm. She puts the last load of clothes that needed to be dried and, while waiting, starts neatly folding the clean garments. Her aunt told her that once she’s done with their laundry, all she needed to do was fold them and leave them in the utility room. The boys are the ones who identify what they own and take it to their closets.

After she’s done, she heads back to the kitchen where she sees that the soup was already done cooking. Doyoung was carefully putting portions in bowls to serve the members. Hyeyoon checks on the rice cooker. She sees that the rice is done and starts putting rice on bowls. She and Doyoung make an unexpectedly good team in the kitchen. She’ll have to thank him once their done getting dinner ready.

“You two look like husband and wife preparing a meal for their children,” someone suddenly said.

Hyeyoon looks up from what she was doing to see who spoke, it was Ingyu, the group’s manager. He was wearing a fatherly smile on his face. Doyoung could feel his face heating up because of what his manager hyung said. What he and Hyeyoon were doing did feel very domestic... is this what married life is like? Helping your wife make lunch while she’s busy doing the laundry…

“Lunch is almost ready Mr. Park,” Hyeyoon says, interrupting Doyoung’s thoughts.

She starts setting the table and, with Doyoung helping her, it was ready in an instant. Ingyu calls the boys out of their rooms for the meal while Hyeyoon thanks Doyoung for helping her make lunch.

“It’s the least I could do after I kicked you out of the dorm earlier, I’m sincerely sorry for that.”

“Please, you can stop apologizing. It was an honest mistake, a misunderstanding,” Hyeyoon reassures Doyoung again.

“Hey Doyoung hyung, what are you talking with noona there?” Haechan suddenly comes into the room with a can of red bull in his hand and was wearing glasses.

“It’s a shame we lost that game Haechan!” Johnny says as he enters the room. He immediately takes a seat around the dining table and looks at the delicious food.

“Did you just call her noona?” Doyoung asks with a slightly accusing tone.

“Yes, why? Something wrong? You can’t call her noona though cause she’s younger than you haha!”

Doyoung scoffs but he retaliates, “but she can call me oppa.”

Hyeyoon’s heart skipped a beat, for the nth time today. 

She doesn’t know how to react to the entire situation in front of her. She turns her gaze away from the two of them, who remind her of bickering kids. She starts packing rice and chicken soup on large containers to take to the upstairs dorm.

“Enjoy your meal, I’m going to the 10th floor dorm now.”

“Noona please stay and have food first before you go,” Haechan says, trying to stop her.

“Thank you but I still have a lot of work to do, goodbye,” Hyeyoon leaves the apartment in a haste, carrying the warm food with her.

Doyoung and Haechan steal glances at each other while they ate their lunch. Johnny, who was observing their exchanging looks, was amused. Things are going to be even more interesting and chaotic than they already are in the dorm. Johnny likes where this is going.

Hyeyoon arrives in the 5th floor but she struggles to ring the doorbell because of the food she was carrying. Luckily, someone suddenly opened the door. It was Jungwoo, who was about to go down and visit the guys at the 5th floor. He was surprised to see Hyeyoon, he still wasn’t used to seeing her instead of auntie.

“Oh, hi Ms. Han! Let me help you with those,” Jungwoo grabs the largest container of food and opens the door wider so Hyeyoon could enter the apartment.

Hyeyoon thanked him and stepped inside. She went straight to the kitchen with Jungwoo behind her. After they placed the containers on the table, Hyeyoon started setting the table but couldn’t find any drinking glasses. There were only wine glasses and a couple of mugs on the cupboards.

“Are you looking for regular glasses, Ms. Han? We don’t have any,” Jungwoo says chuckling a little. He was busy opening the containers and smelling the food. Hyeyoon let out a small laugh at Jungwoo’s remark. He’s super handsome but kind of funny, she thought. But it’s kind of weird that they don’t have any drinking glasses…

“By the way this smells delicious,” he added.

Hyeyoon finishes setting the table and asks Jungwoo if he can call the others so they could eat. Jungwoo nods and goes out of the kitchen to call s. Hyeyoon heads to the living room to see if it needed to be cleaned.

She was pleased to see that it didn’t need any cleaning. There were a lot of  dumbbells on one side of the room but they looked too heavy. Since they weren’t really in the way of anything, she decided she won’t bother with them. She hasn’t started with the laundry so she began to collect their dirty clothes from their rooms.

Jungwoo and the rest of the guys were already in the kitchen, happily eating their lunch. When they ran into Hyeyoon on their way, they smiled and greeted her “hello again Ms. Han”. Hyeyoon was happy that they were polite to her. Before coming here, she thought they would just ignore her since she was only their housekeeper and they were celebrities.

Hyeyoon successfully gathered all their dirty clothes. She stayed in the laundry room while she let the washing machine do its job; she didn’t want to go out because she might bump into one of the guys. Although they seemed nice and friendly, she wants to keep her distance from them. She didn’t want to get into the same heart fluttering situations that she had with Haechan and Doyoung at the 5th floor.

After more than an hour, she was done with all the laundry and folding. She headed to the kitchen to do the dishes but was pleasantly surprised there were no dirty plates or utensils in the sink and the table. Did they do the dishes themselves? Her aunt did tell her that the boys usually cleaned up their own mess.

She looks around and sees that she's done with all the house work that needed to be completed on the 10th floor. She'll just go back to the 5th and check if there were dishes she needed to do. On her way out of the apartment, she finds Taeil, who hasn’t spoken a single word to her, busy lifting dumbbells by himself in the living room. She bows and greets him.

Taeil just smiles at her and continues lifting. He grunts as he curls his arms; Hyeyoon could see his toned arms getting more defined when he did that. She had to fight the urge to just stand there and watch him work out.

I don’t want him to think I’m a weirdo thought, Hyeyoon thinks and peels her eyes away from Taeil.

“Hyung, where did you put the hair dryer again? I keep forgetting,” Jaehyun asks as he comes out of the bathroom.

Jaehyun didn’t expect to see Hyeyoon there, he lets out a startled, “oh- Ms. Han...”

Jaehyun just came out of the shower so he was wearing nothing but a towel. Hyeyoon could see his six pack abs glistening with small droplets of water. She's never seen someone with a body like a sculpture in real life. So y...

“It’s there in the box next to the sofa,” Taeil says, huffing while continuing his workout.

Hyeyoon quickly looks away and leaves the living room. She could feel herself blushing like crazy from what she just witnessed. She hears Jaehyun thanking Taeil and hears his footsteps right behind her.

“Wait a minute Ms. Han,” he calls her.

Hyeyoon stops walking and turns around to face him. It took a lot of effort for her not to look at his abdomen and concentrate on his face. But his face is just as distracting as his abs, Hyeyoon feels like she’s going to faint.

“Have you eaten lunch already? You look like you’ll pass out, please don’t overwork yourself and have some lunch before you go.”

Hyeyoon was going to decline but her head automatically nodded and she nearly sprinted to the kitchen just to get away from half- Jaehyun. There was nothing else on Hyeyoon’s mind other than, “too handsome and y... Too handsome and y…”

“We left food for you in the fridge Ms. Han,” Jaehyun says before he heads into his bedroom to get changed, a hairdryer in his hand.

Hyeyoon eats by herself as quick as she can. She was done cleaning up and was ready to leave when Mark suddenly enters the kitchen with Haechan.

“Noona!” Haechan exclaims.

“What?! You call her noona?” Mark asks.

“Yeah, got a problem?” Haechan says provokingly. Mark ignores him.

“Can I call you noona too Ms. Han?” Mark asks. His eyes remind Hyeyoon of a pleading puppy and she couldn’t say no. All she could do was nod as she tries to step out of the kitchen but was blocked by Haechan.

“Where are you going noona?”

“I’m going back to the 5th floor,” Hyeyoon says trying to move past Haechan.

“Why? Ah, are you going to do our dishes? Don’t worry about them noona, we already cleaned up!” Haechan says smiling.

“Really? You didn’t have to…”

“What’s this I’m hearing? Did you just call her noona?” Jaehyun says from behind Haechan. He was fully clothed and was in the living room with Taeil.

“Yes hyung, she told me I can call her that way!”

Mark was about to say something but Haechan cuts him off.

“Hyeyoon noona is okay with it so what’s wrong?”

Jaehyun isn’t convinced. He knows Haechan can be a bit of a brat and get away with doing what he likes. He also thinks that Hyeyoon seems to be the type that wouldn’t say no even if she doesn’t feel okay with it.

“Are you really okay with being called noona, Ms. Han?” he asks her gently.

Hyeyoon felt a soft pang in her heart with the way Jaehyun asked her. He said it so sweetly, like he really cared about what she felt. The fact that he’s also super handsome and his voice sounds like honey makes it even worse.

Hyeyoon figures there’s nothing wrong with being called noona. She thinks she'll eventually get used to it and her heart won't act crazy everytime. She reassures Jaehyun and tells her she’s not uncomfortable.

“That’s a relief, I thought Haechan forced his way on you,” he says jokingly and smiles, his dimples deepening.

Her heart skips a beat again. That dimpled smile is definitely someting that will take a long time to get used to...

“I’ll call you noona from now on too, okay? Hyeyoon noona?” Mark chimes in.

She nods. Haechan stops blocking her way and lets her through. She has nothing left to do so she guesses she can go home.

“I’m going home now, it was nice to meet all of you.”

“You’re leaving already? Can’t you stay awhile noona?” Haechan says; he’s starting to act cute again like he did at the utility room.

The other boys narrow their eyes at Haechan’s sudden aegyo. Although he’s normally like that around the members, he doesn’t do that to any of their female staff or to auntie. They’re starting to think that he's being a bit too forward to Hyeyoon. But isn’t it a bit too early for that? They just met her, Jaehyun thought.

“Why’s everyone gathered in the living room?” Yuta suddenly says coming out of his bedroom. Jungwoo also comes out of the same room, although Yuta’s roommate is Taeil. Jungwoo and Yuta were about to head out to go shopping.

“Why don’t you stay until dinner noona? Let’s eat together!” Haechan says.

“You know what? Why don’t we throw a samgyupsal welcome party for Hyeyoon!” Doyoung suggested who just came in to the apartment.

“That’s a great idea!” Jungwoo agrees. He'll never get sick of eating Samgyupsal, even if they've been having it for dinner for five nights in a row.

“Huh? You’re suddenly here?” Taeil asks Doyoung.

“I was wondering if Hyeyoon was still here, I wanted to give her help if she needed any.”

“Ya Doyoung hyung! You were so rude to Hyeyoon noona earlier! Have you apologized?” Haechan demands.

“What did he do?” Jaehyun asks..

“He thought noona was a sasaeng so he basically kicked her out of our dorm using force!” Haechan says laughing. Doyoung was getting embarrassed and a little annoyed with Haechan, but when is he never annoyed with Haechan?

“What? Did you hurt noona?” Mark asks. He steps towards Hyeyoon and holds her shoulders as he scans her body for any bruises or wounds.

“I already apologized! And I didn’t hurt her! Right, Hyeyoon? Oppa didn’t hurt you?” He subtly pushes Mark’s arm away from Hyeyoon’s shoulders. He doesn’t like to see his younger member holding Hyeyoon.

“Oppa?” Yuta repeats. Things were getting ridiculous and chaotic.

Haechan and Doyoung were clearly already whipped for Hyeyoon, Jaehyun could tell. Taeil and Yuta were amused by what was happening. Meanwhile, Jungwoo was just excited to eat Samgyupsal.