Closing Party

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

"Oh my God, Ji Eun ah.. You look stunning." In Na unnie squealed, jumping on her feet with make up brush in her hand. 

I looked at my own reflection in the mirror. I'm currently wearing a strapless blue mesh off shoulder dress. It was bling bling yet elegant, that kind of gives a fairytale vibes. Actually I thought that it was too much, but unnie insisted for me to wear that. 

I'm suppose to go to Bighit closing party that will be hold at Signiel Seoul Hotel this evening, so unnie volunteering to dress me up and doing my makeup for the event. She was so excited, especially after I told her that I would perform my new track 'Blueming' that I made for Yoon Gi. 

Actually it was Minhyuk's idea, he kind of suggested to Bang PD for me to perform at the closing party. It's not like I could say no to Bang PD, besides I think it would be okay to perform since only Bighit staff and talents that will be attending. Most peoples in Bighit knew that I'm IU anyway. 

My only worries is only about Yoon Gi's reaction. Is he going to think that I'm shamelessly confessing in public? Oh my God, I'm so done.

The song itself isn't blatant confession, but more like a subtle hint. Still, it's nerve wracking, to the point that I'm thinking about changing the song to 'Good Day'. But In Na unnie successfully convinced me to go with 'Blueming', she thought it'll be very romantic.

Romantic my . How if he feel burden by it? But then, I don't get this kind of chance twice. I might always says that I don't want to be a singer, but doesn't mean I don't like to perform. Sometimes I wish I could stand on a stage and sing my heart out. It just the burdens that comes with it that prevents me from it.

"Omoo.. Look at my masterpiece." In Na unnie said happily in between putting a final touch on my lips.

"Unnie, don't you think that I'm overdress? How if I make a fool of myself?" I worriedly said. 

"Nonsense, you look perfect!" She turned my face to the mirror. "You're like a living doll Ji Eun ah, I'm so jealous. I wish I have a face like you."

"No unnie, you're prettier." Honestly I prefer unnie's mature look. She always look pretty and elegant.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, seemed not believing me one bit. She grabbed a hair brush and start brushing my hair. "Glad that you agreed to colour your hair. It looks good on you, and it would be perfect to match your song concept."

Well, I prefer my natural hair color but I think it's okay to change my style a bit, sometimes. So I agreed to dye my hair into midnight blue. I thought why not, since I'll be performing 'Blueming' anyway, better not do it halfheartedly and going all out. I probably will change it back into black soon though, I don't intend to keep colouring my hair. Because it would be troublesome when my hair start to grow and I have to dye it over and over again. 

"Okay, we're done." Unnie announced.

"Thank you unnie."

"Don't mention it. You know I like to doll you up." Her eyes twinkling as she say that. "Here, let me take a few picture first." She started taking picture with her phone, once in a while she would instructed me to do a different pose. I let her do whatever she wants, that's the least I could do to thank her anyway.

"Okay, I'm done." She said after finally satisfy. "Do you want me to drive you there Ji Eun ah?"

"No, thank you unnie. Taehyungie said he'll pick me up since he had a meeting around here before the party."

"What? V will pick you up? Oh my God.." She gasped. "Yah!! How come you have BTS as your errand boy?"

I rolled my eyes. "We're friends unnie, not a big deal."

"I wish I have a friends like them." She pouted. "But, why is not Suga who pick you up?" 

"He wanted to, but he has a last minute job to do. So I told him not to worry and that Taehyung offered to pick me up since he's nearby."

"Yah, you're really insensitive Lee Ji Eun!"

"Why?"

Before unnie could answer, like on a cue, we heard a car honking from downstairs. 

"Holy , is that him?" Unnie's eyes widen in anticipation. 

I shrugged. "I guess so."

I went downstairs and open the front gate, followed by unnie. Taehyung was waiting in his red Hyundai car with the window slightly down. He seemed to notice that I wasn't alone, that's why he immediately stepped out of the car, so he could at least greet In Na unnie.

My eyes automatically scanned him, Taehyung was wearing a striped gray suit with a matching pants and white button up shirt underneath, he completed the look with black leather boots. He seemed like he was just come straight out from a comic book. Honestly he was so strikingly handsome that I can't help but stare at him.

His eyes finally landed on me and we held an eye contact for like five second. He had this unreadable expression on his face that I couldn't quite grasp. 

"Oh my God, I'm a big fan." In Na unnie's shrieking voice broke our eye contact. 

I immediately regain my composure, a little bit embarrass. I might like Yoon Gi, but I still appreciate a good looking man. I'm a human after all. "Taehyungie, this is Yoo In Na unnie, my best friend. Unnie, this is Taehyung, but I'm sure you already know that." I introduced them. 

In Na unnie had the same reaction like when she first met Yoon Gi. She was gaping like a fish with a starstruck expression on her face.

Taehyung gave her a wide smile that I'm sure could make any girls fall for him. "Hello, any friend of Ji Eun is friend of mine. Nice to meet you." He made a peace sign and winked at unnie. 

"Omooo.." She gasped and face palmed herself, couldn't handle Taehyung's little fan service. I sweared, In Na unnie could collapse at any moment judging by her reaction. I better cut this little fan meeting short before unnie pass out for real. 

"Unnie, I think we should go now." I grabbed her arm and shook it slightly to wake her from her trance.

Unnie just nodded, eyes still widen and and unsure what to say. 

"We'll be going then In Na noona." Taehyung gave a slight bow. 

"Y..yess.. N..nice to meet you too Taehyung-ssi." She managed to stammer her sentence. 

Taehyung already in front of the car, opening the door for me. He was such a gentleman, I'll give him that, and here unnie fangirling like an idiot watching his mannerisms. I shook my head and gave unnie one last pitying look before step in the car. Here she is, one more victim of Taehyung's charm. 

Taehyung started to drive immediately. I don't say anything and just focus on my own thoughts. How's Yoon Gi gonna react to my song? Does he even going to like it? Do I look okay? Do I look strange? Oh my, this is driving me crazy. 

"You look nice." Taehyung suddenly said, pulling me off of my thoughts. 

"Huh?" Did he read my mind?

"I said, you look nice in that dress." He repeated. "And I like your new hair colour too. Blue suit you." 

"Thanks. You don't look bad yourself."

We didn't talk much during the journey, but I noticed that Taehyung would occasionally stole a glance at me in between driving. Honestly it kind of made me insecure of my appearance. Do I actually look weird? That's why he's been glancing at me all the time. Omoo... 

I was so immersed in my own thoughts that I didn't notice that we have arrived and Taehyung already open the car door for me. 

"How long do you plan to stay in the parking lot?" Taehyung crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently.

I jolted slightly, embarrassed to be caught daydreaming. "Sorry." I mumbled and hastily get out from the car. I don't know if I'm actually clumsy or just simply not careful enough, I tripped on my own feets and almost made a fool of myself if Taehyung didn't grab my waist to prevent me from falling. My face came into contact with his sturdy chest, for some reason I feel like his heartbeat is beating fast. Is it normal? Well, I'm not sure.

"Thanks.." I looked up, still in between his chest. 

"Be careful, you clumsy." He chuckled and let go of my waist. 

"My bad."

"Come on, let's get in." He offered his hand for me to hold, like a gentleman he is, so I just follow along and link my arm to his. 

We entered the hotel lobby, the hotelier who probably recognize Taehyung, immediately approached us and led us to the ballroom on the twelve floors.

Magnificent, that was the first thing that came into my mind when I step into the ballroom, the decorations and everything seemed luxurious. I was amazed by the scale Bighit going into this closing party. But well, BTS's comeback was indeed very successful. Due to 'Fire' and 'Save Me' succeed their popularity were soaring up to the sky, nationaly and even more internationaly. So it just right to throw this party to celebrate that. 

I found myself squeezing through throngs of peoples. The ballroom was exclusively reserved for Bighit Entertainment company party, but the packed venue seemed too densely populated. I was already starting to hate the thick, perfumed air. 

Taehyung seemed aware of the situation, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and keeping my body close to his chest to shield me from being squeeze. In a time like this that I really hate my small frame. 

Some peoples would occasionally greet either Taehyung or me, mostly Taehyung, and we would stop to greet them or just saying 'h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter