Chapter II

Loyal Dragons Breathe Royal Flames
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Byulyi groaned softly and hummed, nestled comfortably against a warm presence. The chirps from the birds outside as well as the heat of the sun on the bed told her that it was probably afternoon already. However, she was content to still stay in bed, exhausted from last night’s energetic activities. Yongsun had the same mindset as she too stayed wrapped around Byulyi, her wings laid gently across her, keeping her warm and covered. The blanket had shifted off sometime during the night and were currently bunched up at their feet. The couple was ready to spend a lazy day in bed for a few more hours, finding it too troublesome to move. Neither were hungry anyway. 



 

Unfortunately, Wheein and Hyejin didn’t agree with their plan.



 

Loud insistent pounding on the door had Byulyi and Yongsun scrunching up their faces in irritation but neither were willing to get up to open the door and invite their unannounced guests in. The knocking only grew louder and more persistent until it simply burst open and in waltzed Wheein and Hyejin. 



 

“You two!! Did you forget- AHH!” Wheein exclaimed and covered her eyes in shock and embarrassment when she came across the two in bed. 



 

The duo had finally woken up, though slightly groggy and cranky. Yongsun tightened her hold on Byulyi, ensuring her wings were wrapped around and covered her fully, emitting a low growl as she stared at them. Even if Wheein and Hyejin were friends, Yongsun didn't take a fancy to other people seeing her lover in this state. Only she had this lovely privilege of doing so.



 

And she was not going to share. 



 

The only thing Wheein and Hyejin could see was just Yongsun’s head looking over Byulyi's body. Hyejin merely let out a laugh at the sight, relating to Yongsun’s reaction, and simply grabbed her wife by the ear and pulled her to wait outside. 



 

“Call us when you’re ready~” Hyejin called over her shoulder before they exited the cottage and closed the door behind them. 



 

Yongsun relaxed, unfurling and lifting up her wings, letting Byulyi out of the cocoon she encased her in. The younger gave her a smile and pecked her on the lips.



 

“My protective baby~” Yongsun grumbled at that but the small smile tugging at the corner of her lips said otherwise of her true emotions. She placed a kiss on Byulyi's forehead before they both sat up, stretching their limbs over their heads. Byulyi got out of bed first and padded over to their closets to look for clothes, Yongsun admiring her back quietly. The marks she had made were seen clearly on her skin and Yongsun felt proud at that. 



 

She followed after her, Byulyi jumping slightly at first then sighing when she felt Yongsun wrapping her arms around her waist and burying her face into her neck. 



 

“Yong-ah...We can’t keep Wheein and Hyejin waiting.” 



 

“But you smell so nice.” The dragonkin whined. Byulyi shivered when her warm breath brushed against her skin, raising goosebumps. She steeled herself and removed Yongsun’s hold on her, turning herself around to face her with what she hoped was a stern look on her face. 



 

She didn't even have to say anything as Yongsun instantly acknowledged her look and sulked away to get changed. Byulyi had to stifle the laughter that threatened to come out, shaking her head at her lover’s childishness. 



 

It was adorable though. 




 

Wheein, still flushed red, wandered round in circles around her wife outside the cottage. The guards watched their princess in amusement as  their tethered horses grazed quietly on the grass. Hyejin eyed Wheein pacing around for a few more seconds from where she was leaning on a boulder before rolling her eyes and shooting an arm out to stop her. 

 

“Stop it, you walking around like that is making me dizzy. Why are you still so embarrassed? It’s not like we do stuff like them too.” She commented nonchalantly, drawing a gasp from Wheein. Hyejin shrugged, tugging the smaller girl closer for a chaste kiss on the forehead.

 

“It’s true.” 

 

“We don't say stuff like this in public Hyejin-ah….” Wheein whispered, coughing to herself as she sideeyed her guards who pretended to be interested in the flowers and trees surrounding them. The guards were not new to these displays of affection and, sometimes, scandalous conversations. Hyejin was always the one that pestered Wheein for a kiss or a cuddle, clinging onto her like a cub to its mother. They’ve also definitely heard the many...sounds when they were on their nightly guard patrol shift. 

 

Hyejin smirked at the guards but decided to humour her wife, pacifying her with hugs as they continued to wait for the lazy duo within the cottage. 



 

Yongsun popped her head out of the door, calling for Wheein and Hyejin to come inside. They scurried towards the house, entering and plopping themselves on the sofa in the main room with sighs. 

 

“Took you long enough.” Hyejin grumbled as Yongsun sent her a sheepish smile while Byulyi came in with a tray of tea and snacks to which Hyejin quickly helped herself to. The older couple took a seat opposite the younger ones, Yongsun adopting a lazy posture as she leaned against Byulyi. 

 

“So why are you two here again?” Yongsun asked, Wheein shooting her a look of disappointment. 

 

“We all agreed that we would meet today.” 

 

“For what though?” 

 

“For fun!” 

 

“Fun…?” 

 

Wheein sported a deadpanned look, wanting to toss her cookie at the dumb dragonkin but refraining herself from doing so. As smart as she was most of the time, Yongsun did have her clumsy and clueless moments. 

 

“I mean!! I could be sleeping in with Byul right now but we’re here talking for fun?” Yongsun complained, pouting for added effect. Byulyi merely laughed before offering her a piece of cookie while Hyejin nodded solemnly.

 

“I understand the feeling, I myself have been through it many times when Wheein wants me to see something with her.” 

 

“Hey!! I wake you up because I want to share it with you! Important things!!” Wheein defended in indignation and sent a slap on the arm towards Hyejin, narrowing her eyes at her. Hyejin leaned away, hands up in the air as she dodged the slaps. 

 

“I’m just kidding love!” 

 

“You better be.” 

 

Wheein huffed, rolling her eyes when Hyejin pecked her cheeks, attempting but failing to stifle the obvious smile growing on her face. Yongsun and Byulyi cooed quietly at the sight, leaning towards each other as they watched. 

 

“Is there any news from the kingdom? Or just in general?” Byulyi questioned, nibbling on a small piece of bread Yongsun had offered her. Wheein furrowed her eyebrows as she thought deeply, trying to remember if there was anything worthy. Hyein lit up and answered for her, Yongsun and Byulyi looking on in interest. 

 

“Oh!! There’s rumours of a dragonkin army or something rising recently. Apparently at least two kingdoms have already been attacked by huge hoards of them, and even now they’re still fighting. We‘re not sure how serious it is yet though, at most the dragonkins are just stealing livestock.”

 

“What do they want with that? Are they running out of food?” Byulyi inquired as her head tilted to the side. Yongsun had widened her eyes at the words, not expecting them at all. Very rarely do dragonkins gather together to attack people for food, let alone massive kingdoms. Dragonkins were often always independent hunters, the only time you would see a group of dragonkins was either a family or a close group of hunting buddies. Hunting buddies were essentially close groups of dragonkins that only came together to hunt and eat together before going on their individual lives again where they await the next call to hunt. Other than that, dragonkins lived alone in their own territories. 

 

“We’re not sure, we’ve just heard sayings about wanting to regain an old status or something along the lines.” Hyejin replied back. Byulyi looked surprised before her expression morphed to one of confusion. 

 

“O

Please log in to read the full chapter