Broken.

Two worlds.

JooHyuk shuttles between US and Korea. Being a wellknown sportman, he has been sought after by high end brands. He banks in more money from these endorsements. With looks and buiilt, he models for watches, home appliances and even fashion. When he's back in Korea, he'll be called up for practices with the Korea national team. Otherwise, very frequently, he has been snapped hanging out with SungKyung. He pickes her up from work or her place with his tinted range-rover. He had made fun of her tiny out-dated nissan march when she drove it out to meet him discreetly. "Poor legs of yours..." He t*eased. "It's only a form of transport. You're such a show-off!" She rebutted. JooHyuk ruffled her hair playfully. SungKyung got back at him when his luxury car broke down and he called her for help. She cant stop laughing. Seeing him squeezing into the passenger seat of her car. She even took pictures of his distraught. "Karma do exist..." She t*eased. "Ive learnt my lesson..." JooHyuk gave up and let her make fun of him as much as she wants.   

"Oppa! Are you still in a relationship with Lee SungKyung xi?" His co-model, JooEun, asked sheepishly. JooHyuk merely smiled not wanting to disclose more. "What's that? You two are on the rocks? Actresses cant resist temptations equally as much as actors, i knew it! Do you need a listening ear? I have time for coffee after this..." JooEun suggested. "Sorry, i got to go for my next schedule. Nice meeting you JooEun xi. Goodbye." JooHyuk speed off not wanting to be near these girls. While in the car, he looked at SungKyung pictures. His heart calmed down. "Hey JooHyuk. I heard from Lena that SungKyung is very close to this actor. Are you two doing okay?" YongJi pulled him aside and asked. JooHyuk frowned at the news from his good friend. "Who is he? You met him before? Did SungKyung brought him out to meet you guys?" He asked for more details. "Whenever the girls asked, she's always saying she's with her younger sister. But many times, they saw her with that dude. What's his name... Jang KiYong! Has she ever tell you about him? I mean you can see him often on SungKyung's social media too. They started way back..." JooHyuk clentched his fist as he listened on.

JooHyuk said nothing more. He felt uneasy. He didnt believe those girls who said it. But when even his boys are checking up on him, he felt the need to dive deeper. Instead of asking SungKyung directly, he investigated himself and came up to a conclusion. On his own assumption, he was sure SungKyung cheated on KiYong to be with him. His heart ached but his anger surpass all emotions. His phone calls to SungKyung lessened. They rarely meet up. He finds excuses to avoid her. SungKyung felt his distance and asked if he's alright. His replies were always dull and moody. Giving him space to clear up his thoughts, she still checks up on him frequently. Yet all her acts to him were seen as a irritant and disgust. "Have a safe flight.. Text me when you land alright?" SungKyung said and reached to kiss his cheek. JooHyuk moved away. Before she could ask anything, he made things clear. "Dont ever touch my skin with your lips. What with your face? Stop acting all innocent now. Did you think you can hide it forever? Jang KiYong. He's your real boyfriend, isnt it?! You cheated on him with me, right? That is why you never once willing to stay over my place! That is also why you never once invited me over to yours! Because you two are fcuking each other! You know what? Lets breakup. You disgust me!" JooHyuk left for his flight, not hearing her explaination.

SungKyung stood at the spot for a good hour, digesting what been said to her. Her heart still pumping fast. She hasnt seen his so angry before, much less knowing he can be this mad at her. She was surprised there was no tears. Afterall, its a official breakup. Letting out a deep breath, she walked away. She could not believe the boy she loved is a total idiot. It also made her realised that he's ultimately not suitable to her. They are better off seperate. JooHyuk never heard from SungKyung since. He thought she would call or text him to apologise. She did not. His heart tightened. It means all he'd said was nothing but the truth. His tears were exchanged with sweat. He triple up his trainings. His heart hardened. Nam JooHyuk changed. He took on girls who threw themselves on him. His team mates cheered him on. None became his girlfriend. News released of his frequent night life while girls blackmailed him. Never once his court cases settled outside mutually. He made sure those girls who tried their ways to get his money or bring down his fame gets their own consequences. He'd been careful. Everything between them are consensual. He made sure there's evidence that proved so. JooHyuk parents were dissappointed yet worried. They know he changed after breaking up with SungKyung. They asked but he didnt share much. SungKyung saw the tabloids but cared less. They have broken up. He can waste his life anyway he wants it.

-----

After two years, they bumped into each other at an event in Korea. It was the opening of Cartier, a newly refurbished four story high building by itself. JooHyuk saw SungKyung as he's going down the escalator while she's at the opposite going up. It was only then was he told she's was also invited to the event. Their eyes met. She looked away casually as if he's some stranger. He turned around when they pass each other shoulders. Her back was all he looked at. It pains him seeing her not reacting to his presence. He's angry that she still attracts him so easily but she no longer cared who he was to her. She moved on, it was obvious. SungKyung was alerted that JooHyuk will be attending the event. She didnt know they would cross path so easily, of all time, of all places. He gave off a cold stance. He's no longer the guy whom she'd dated years back. SungKyung pushed those thoughts away and mingled around before she takes her leave. "How's life?" His voice she recognised. He called out to her when he saw her about to exit the event. "Better than before. Yourself?" She asked not wanting to look awkward. "Winning." JooHyuk gave a one-word reply. "Great. Good for you. Have fun around. If you excuse me, i'll be making a move now..." SungKyung wanted nothing from him. She gave him that feeling. He pulled her to a dark spot and cornered her. "Still fcuking the same guy? How about you let me fcuk you too? I bet till now he's still kept in the dark of your cheating with me..." SungKyung let out a sigh at his words. "How can you talk like that? At least respect yourself even if you have none for others." He was further angered. "You are in no position to say that." He grabbed her wrist, not knowing he'd bruised her. SungKyung swung his hand off her and walked away. He left shortly after too. 

In another event, JooHyuk caught sight of SungKyung's boyfriend. Jang KiYong. He would never forget that face. He's as tall as himself. Their eyes met. KiYong did not turn away. Neither did JooHyuk. He felt challenged by KiYong. To his surprise, KiYong walked towards him instead. "Oh man! You're the famous basketball player! You did our country proud dude! Can i have a handshake? Yeah!!!!" KiYong reactions shocked JooHyuk when he extended his hand to him. "Let me text my wife about this. She's also a fan of yours." KiYong took out his phone and started messaging. JooHyuk frowned. He didnt see news about SungKyung's marriage. "You're married? Congrats... She must have been a nice woman..." JooHyuk fisted while saying those sentences out. "Yea. Im married but its a secret. Of course she's the best otherwise why would i want to marry her! Its a pity you and noona broke up. Otherwise, we could have been in-laws..." KiYong continued while still focusing on his phone. JooHyuk was in a lost by his words. "Noona?" He asked curiously. "Ah. SungKyung noona. Her younger sister is my wife. i got to know my wife through her." KiYong shared. "Hey! Where are you running off to?! The event barely started!" He called out when JooHyuk suddenly took off from the spot next to him. All these while JooHyuk had misunderstood SungKyung. He's been a dumba*ss. No wonder even she did not bother to say much and accepted their breakup as it is.