Believe.

Two worlds.

JooHyuk knocked hard on her door, no one answered. Instead, it was her neighbours who came out to see the source from his loud banging. He called her phone, no one answered. He checked with the boys whether their girls know SungKyung's schedule and found her. She's having a full day photoshoot with Dior. Given his reputation, most have heard and seen JooHyuk, either on tv, magazines or events. When he appeared in a rush before them, they allowed him in when he asked for SungKyung. Whispers spread and its all about them discussing how charismatic JooHyuk is in person. Their eyes were locked on his frame. The camera snaps continuously as the music played from the background. SungKyung has changed a few concepts and each of it made the staffs awe at her beauty and versatility. All eyes were on JooHyuk when he stumbled over the cables. SungKyung was equally surprised to see him and wondered he has business here. The in-charge approached him, fasinated by his tall built and charming persona. "JooHyuk xi? What an honor. May i ask why are you here?" He smiled polietly," Im here for her. When will she be done? Can i hang sound here till then? Im sorry if i've been a bother." She felt his warmth, she could not reject him. SungKyung guessed he must be here for her and continued her job. JooHyuk watched on and was amazed by her professionalism and aura. Not once was she distracted by his presence. She left to change when the photographer called it a wrap.

He bowed to everyone and followed SungKyung like a puppy. "What exactly do you want from me?" She stopped midway and asked. "Not here." JooHyuk lowered his voice when he saw people are watching them. "Oh. Now you're looking at places to talk.." He felt her jabs but was glad she did not resist him. Not wanting to drag any longer, they settled at a nearby cafe. She stood by the ordering counter while he walked to a empty table not realising anything. When he noticed she's ordering, he went to her. She was ordering without him and walked pass him after she made the payment. He let of a sigh and ordered his own. Their drinks came. "He's not your boyfriend. He's your brother in-law. Why didnt you say anything then?!" JooHyuk asked directly. "Say whatever you want and leave. That's your style, right?" SungKyung plainly said. JooHyuk felt insulted but held it in. "Im asking now, am i not? You're not making this easy." He tried again. "For your info, you have no rights to know anything about me or my family." Her reply stabbed his heart deep. She kept looking out the glass panel or otherwise using her phone that kept beeping with incoming messages. Her eyes was never on him. "Will you just look at me, please!" JooHyuk raised his voice slightly. Her emotionless sight drilled through him. Letting out a breath," Im sorry. I'm a jerk. Im a bastard. Im blind. Im deaf. Im self centered. I think highly of myself. And i've hurt you. Im sorry." His head bowed low. "Good to hear that. Accepted. No more hard feelings. Let's move on from here. Live your life JooHyuk. Im no longer in it. Dont let me hear anything about you being wasted or what not. You are better than this. You're Nam JooHyuk." SungKyung told him straight and left with her drink in her hand. He knew then there was nothing more to talk about. Never in his life has he felt so regretful over something or someone. Losing her this instant again made him taste bitterness. 

-----

On and off he looked up news about SungKyung, hoping not to see any of which relates to dating or worse, marriage. Its been two years since then. He'd pulled up his socks and stopped those girl hopping period. He's still at the top of his game. His heart settled back to the one person he chased away. The first ever woman he fell in love with. "Hear this. Patek Philippe wants you to be their model for the Korea market! They have called in Nam JooHyuk too. What do you say?" SungKyung manager asked when she stepped into the office. Since that goodbye, she hasnt heard of him in a bad way. She's determined to wash him out from her system. She's glad he's back on track like before. Many times, she wanted to delete their photos, she couldnt bare to do it. Instead, she locked the folder with a password in her laptop. "Ok, let's do it. If im lucky, they might gift me one?" SungKyung joked. Its been years, she believe his work ethic remains prefessional. JooHyuk flew back to Korea during his off season. Eversince knowing she's his co-model, he's been eager to see her again. While waiting for her to appear, he could hear his heart beating at his ear. It was then he heard greetings and stood up immediately, watching the entrance. "Do i need to introduce?" Patek responsible, Jun, asked both. At the back of his mind, it seems like they know one another yet somehow dont look like it. "No, its fine.." Both JooHyuk and SungKyung said in unison. But they did greet each other formally. But Jun still felt a tension in the atmosphere between the two.    

While briefing the two of the concept of the advert, SungKyung took the initiative and seeked JooHyuk's opinions on her doubts and queries. JooHyuk enjoys working with her. SungKyung discusses with him and not one-sidedly decide by herself. It was then he know thats the reason behind why advertisers picks her as their final choice. [You caught my sight, since then, till now.] JooHyuk likes the phrase of the advert. He could relate to it perfectly. They started off with individual shoots. And when its together, he lost his form. He kept reminding himself that they are working. He overcome the difficulty and their chemistry electrified those on set. "I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!" SungKyung popped by his resting room before leaving. He's happy with the current. At least, she's smiling at him. JooHyuk cant wait for the outdoor shoot. [SungKyung stepped out of the high rise building in heels and formal attire. She flagged for a taxi and boarded it. She looked at her classic simple Patek watch that reads 4.55pm. JooHyuk showcase his basketcall skills before heading to the shower room. He appeared smartly dressed. His Patek dress watch reads 4.55pm when he stepped into the Mercedes GWagon and drove off. SungKyung picked up her speed as she alighted. JooHyuk tossed the car key to the valet and walked off in quickened pace. Both looking at their watches. 5.55pm, they knocked into one another. Time stopped. Their eyes met. Their fingers touched. JooHyuk helped her pick up her scattered documents. Time ticks again. They apologised and went seperate way. In the next minute, both came back to the spot searching for one another. "Do you have time?" Both asked at the same time.] The crew cheered at their marvelous act. They were all absorbed by both their charms in the story. SungKyung bowed thankfully when she was presented with a bouquet of flowers. She smiled and thanked JooHyuk on their collaboration. It was wonderful seeing like this around him. 

-----

"Why are you here?" SungKyung was surprised to see JooHyik instead of YongJi. She has asked a favour from Lena. She has a drama coming up and in it she's a basketball player. Lena's boyfriend represent the country, she couldnt think of anyone else then. "He rather go dating. I guess he'd forgetten to text you about me." JooHyik said casually. YongJi informed him about it and he made an offer hard to resist. YongJi took the bait. That is, JooHyuk will lend him his sports car for a month. "Shall we start?" JooHyuk spinned the ball with his finger. SungKyung had no choice but hope the session ends soon. Throughout, JooHyuk has been very patient with her. He corrected her posture by video-ing the before and after. He kept close while guiding her how to get the ball inot the rim perfectly. His hands were on her hips, spine, shoulder, arms and wrist. SungKyung scored at the first try under his coaching. "Oh my god! It's in! You saw that JooHyuk? It's in! Am i a genius or what?" She interwined her fingers with his and jumped excitedly like a child. JooHyuk watched her and smiled adoringly. "What? Ah. Im sorry." She released his hand when she realised her uncalled bahaviour. The practice ended in 4 hours. "Do you have plans after this? Wanna grab a bite?" She asked when he threw her a bottle of pocari sweat energy drink. JooHyuk stared at her in surprise. "Nothing much, i should at least thank you properly..." She explained not wanting him to misunderstand. He felt dejected but accepted her treat. Back at home, he beamed while recalling the earlier moment spent with SungKyung. He enjoyed himself. He's amused when she tried her best to bypass his defense. She's so near to him physically. And she looks so happy learning the sports that he loves deeply.

-----

[Sports news! National player Nam JooHyuk was attacked in a racism controvery with the opposite team during last night match. Rising star James Toff spat and threw the ball at a unguarded JooHyuk. It was said the country's star suffered facial injuries. NBA has since banned James from the courts for two years eventhough he'd apologised publically. As for JooHyuk, he will be seating out from the season's games to recuperate.] To the nation, he is a honored figure. The news spread wild. SungKyung panicked when she saw it. She did not stop a moment to think. She called her company to cancel all the coming schedules and left for US that night on the earliest flight. "What am i doing!?" She muttered, looking outside the plane window. Not knowing whether he'd moved, she stood infront of a tall building and pressed the telecom. "Hello. Who is it?" SungKyung was taken aback by the gentle female voice. Her mind shut for a second. "Hi. Sorry to interrupt. Is the owner of the house Nam JooHyuk?" She decided to ask. "Yes. This is JooHyuk apartment. Who is this?" Letting out a breath,"Erm.. Im a fan. Is he doing ok? I saw the news." As long he's fine, it doesnt matter whether she see him or not. She wouldnt want to intrude his personal space with someone. "Thats so nice of you. Thank you for the concern. He's doing good, healing well." The lady behind the telcom sounded sincere. "Thank you.. Thats all i wanna know... Thank you..." SungKyung said her last sentence and moved away slowly.

"Wait!" SungKyung stopped in her track when she heard JooHyuk's voice from the telcom. The heavy glass door to the building was unlocked. "Lee SungKyung.. Dont you dare go off like that...." Her legs moved by themselves. She stepped into the lift carefully. Her heart pumping fast. "Ok.. Im only visiting as a friend... Chill... No need to worry. Im not here to destroy his new relationship. Im not here to get back with him... We're friends... Nothing more..." She tried to calm herself down. She kept her cool and stepped out of the lift when it opened. There he was, standing right infront of her. Her reaction was fast. "Why are you standing here? It wasnt mentioned that your eye is hurt! How serious exactly is it?" Her questions came out in a string without a fullstop. "Come in first..." JooHyuk's heart was bursting with curiousity and excitement when he heard a familiar voice his mother was talking to. He ran out from his room to stop her from leaving. He wondered if she's here for work and decided to drop by. Even so, he's happy she came. SungKyung's eyes kept looking over his frame, mostly on the bandages around his eye.

"Hello dear... Finally we get to meet you in person." SungKyung has forgotten there someone else in his apartment. She turned towards the voice and freeze on the spot. They were a harmless looking old couple. "Sorry to intrude. Im Lee SungKyung. Nice to meet you...." She bowed respectfully. "And we are his parents. We have heard so much, seen so much on pictures... my.. are you tall and pretty." The old lady spoke while her partner nodded in agreement. SungKyung blushed and said her thanks for their kind words. "You both must have been worried. Please dont mind me, i'm leaving soon." She shared. "Oh no. Please stay. The boy has been very grumpy..." JooHyuk watched from the side, loving their interaction. His parents like her, since the day he'd showed them her picture. "Thankfully, the cut wasnt deep but there's possibilities that JooHyuk might experience some drawback syndrome when he gets back on the game since its at such sensitive spot. We'll have to monitor that when it happens..." His father shared when the doctor came and checked on JooHyuk. Looking at the time, it was about lunch. She asked if the folks are hungry but her stomach growled instead. They laughed but said they needed food sooner or later too.

As she offered to get them some food and about to step out of the door, JooHyuk who was attended by his doctor before dashed to her side. He was worried she's gone before he know it. "I'll be quick..." She assured him. His parents saw everything. Their son is still habouring interest towards his ex-girlfriend. SungKyung came back with Korean takeout. She watched them savour their native food and smiled unknowingly. JooHyuk liked that expression. "We will head back to our hotel now.. Its been a long day here..." His parents informed them. "Let me send you back." SungKyung offered. "Dont bother. His company has got us all settled. You stay here dear, please, stay here for us instead..." His mother took her hand in hers and held them gently. SungKyung nodded, unable to reject the old couple pleads. "Why arnt they staying with you? You have rooms to spare..." She asked JooHyuk when they left. "I offered but they didnt want to disturb my rest... You know how parents fuss over their kids." She listened on. JooHyuk was curious. "You have work here?" SungKyung didnt want to hide her feelings anymore. Since their meetup for Patek advert, she couldnt keep her locked emotions for him underwrap. "No..." He probed further, "Holiday?" She shook her head. "For me?" He waited for it. SungKyung looked at him in the eyes and nodded. Her cheeks puffed pink. "Hey!" She exclaimed when she was suddenly pulled into his embrace tightly. "You are worried for me. You came all the way here just that. Im not taking this the wrong way, am i?" He wanted to be sure. She patted his back gently,"Im worried, very. The rest... we'll see." JooHyuk smiled the brightest. "That's enough for me, for the time being..."

SungKyung's stay was extended. She decided to stay by his side his his bandage is off and he's back on the game. His parents have long left knowing she's with their precious son. They saw him like never before, filled with happiness just by looking at SungKyung. JooHyuk was grateful towards his parents and more so to SungKyung. She looked after him. She was there when he experienced a slight trauma from his healed injury. She encouraged him and pushed him to get over the hurdle. She walked his darkest path together, never once letting go of his hand. Over the weeks, she opened her heart to him once more. From seperate rooms, he now wakes up seeing her sleeping face next to his. They talked things out, everything, the past, the current, the future. He kissed her. He held her hand. He dedicated his comeback win to her. It was when he pulled her to the floor and presented her his MVP trophy did news broke that the couple has gotten back officially. No statement was released by either parties. With more pictures snapped her at his games over the years, it was more than enough to confirm their relationship. Their two worlds blended well.