Building.

Two worlds.

"So girls.... who had fun that night?" Lena asked suggestively. "RyuJin's a teaser!" SuJin said. "Junho took me to paradise!" ChoRi continued. "Hoon's my boyfriend now.." HyoYu shared. All turned to SungKyung who said nothing, "No comment." She said. "What! Nothing?!" The rest exclaimed in dissappointment. "You'll be single for life if you dont work on it! He's such a good catch! Young, brilliant and earning big bucks!" The girls continued drilling SungKyung over her effortless interaction with JooHyuk. "What's so great about him? You girls can have him..." She offered. "If he wants us! Oh my! Lee SungKyung! Here! Read up the internet about the big fish you let go!" ChoRi shoved her phone to SungKyung. The girls left her alone while they shared the juicy details of their new partners among themselves. [Nam JooHyuk is the only child. 188cm tall. He's been with Korea National team since 18 and was recruited to join Golden State Warriors when he turned 20. He's mostly located in US for his NBA matches while his parents continue living in Korea. Rumoured he's gay as he hasnt been seen alone with any female.] "Oh. He's g*ay?" She asked out. "No!" The girls rolled their eyes.   

After the night at the club, he left for US. He had wanted to text her but his daily trainings kept him busy. His priority is his career. He touched down at Incheon Airport 3 months later. Immediately, he texted SungKyung. [Hi. Im back in town. Free for tea or coffee?] He was looking forward to see her again. His phone vibrated when he corssed the immigration check point. [Hey. Sorry, tight for the week. Another time alright..] Her reply disheartened him. It made him realised she isnt one who bends to his schedule. He is clearly not her priority. Not wanting to give up, he texted again. [An hour or less is fine too....] SungKyung felt he's really keen to meet and relented. [How about tomorrow 3pm? I have a 2 hours open slot between til my next shoot at Insadong. We can meet somewhere in the middle from where you'll be at.] JooHyuk let out a relieved sigh. He's glad she's not one unreasonable girl who expect things her way. [Ive nothing on. I'll go to you...] He informed her. [How about Eden cafe? They've got the yummiest cream puffs!] JooHyuk grinned at her reply. Their 2nd meetup has been set. 

When he stepped into the cafe, she's already there. SungKyung waved at him when he saw her. She gave him the menue when he took his seat infront of her. "I'll order, tell me what you want." JooHyuk asked her. "Ice latte and 10 mini cream puffs! Order your own share, those are for me." She said it out smoothly. He couldnt help but chuckled. "What?" She eyed at him. He merely smiled and left to the ordering counter. "How is it? The best right?" SungKyung asked eagerly after he'd taken a bite of the puff she'd introuduced. "They look normal but taste surprisingly good..." JooHyuk had to admit even though he is not a fan for sweet stuffs. "Here... buy more next time..." She gave him more puffs from her plate. "How's your matches?" She casually asked, continuing their conversation. "There's wins, there's losses too. Training shagged me out. Leaning english is a pain too." He shared. "Not easy huh.... But you look fresh... and happy..." SungKyung smiled at him.

He grinned at her observation. "I love basketball too much i guess..." JooHyuk confessed. "Not a bad thing to be obsess over i guess..." She eased his uncertainties. "It might be... my folks are already questioning my orientation!" She laughed out at his statement. "The girls bashed me up when i told them you are! i mean i read it somewhere..." She raised both her hands up when he looked offended. "I'm not g*ay. i just dont have the time... Put it this way... it didnt cross my mind that i need a girlfriend.. my time revolves around my matches and trainings... Getting into one and ending it after a brief session seems wrong..." He shared. "I understand..." She agreed with him. "Sorry... but are you a lesbian? Not that it matters. I respect all choices." He asked carefully. "I've dated and they are all men!" She giggled at his question. JooHyuk didnt like that information. "Seems like you are not an amature in the dating field..." He sounded upset but she didnt catch that. "Nah.. None went pass second base. The girls always say im a loser..." SungKyung shrugged. She didnt realised she'd shared more than she should. But JooHyuk likes what he'd heard. "I've never kissed." He confessed. She looked at him with saucered eyes. "Are you a monk? None of your crazy fans grabbed you before?" He laughed at her exaggeration.      

JooHyuk dropped SungKyung at her next magazine shoot site. Time passed so fast he wished they have more time together. "Can i ask you out again?" He asked when he winded down his car window to bid her goodbye. "You like me or something?" SungKyung asked him straight. "To be honest, yes. Never before im in this situation where i miss someone and want to meet her whenever possible..." He answered honestly. "Im older than you. You know that right?" She told him. "My mom is older than my dad too." He said. "That's a lie, isnt it?" She pointed out. "Yea. it is. Sorry." He admitted. SungKyung giggled. "Ok... See ya around JooHyuk... Thanks for the ride." She walked away after a wave. It soon became a norm that he meets her whenever he's back in Korea. It wasnt easy to maintain a relationship when they are both so far apart on a different time zone. He dare not ask for more than what they have now, a friendship. Whenever he's back to US, he's always asking her if she has any oversea photoshoots or fashion walks. He wanted her to come to his oversea matches for once.

SungKyung's feeling for JooHyuk grew fondly. He did not rush her into anything. They both started slow, knowing each other as friends first. Both are logical and realistic individuals who considers the aspect of what a long distance relationship meant. Above all, they have different religion. It was a worrisome topic to touch on but she surprised herself when there's no hard feelings on their differences. She as a devout christian, she thought she wasnt able to accept one who isnt on the same faith as her. "I always believe respect covers all form, be it personal space or religion. Unless, you'd expected me to covert....?" JooHyuk asked carefully. "No... never crossed my mind, yet." He laughed at her last word. With several barriers placed on the table to talk about, they were able to overcome those they've discussed. It took a year plus to convince himself that SungKyung is the girl for him. He prepared everything, just to have her at his NBA match. He's glad she accepted his invitation. It was her way of telling him that she's on the same page as him. 

It felt magical seeing her cheer for him. It gave him more strength. JooHyuk beamed seeing her standing by his locker outside the changing room. He'd given her the VIP landyard for all access within the stadium. Due to his match, he wasnt able to pick her from the airport. She even turn down his hired chauffer. He got the message. She's an independant woman who can be fine alone in a foreign country. Afterall, she has been globe trotting as a model. "Hey Ms. Lee!" JooHyuk called out to the girl looking elsewhere but him. SungKyung heard her native language. She recognise the voice belongs to JooHyuk, She looked up and smiled brightly. "Congrats on the game! You did well as usual!" She praised him. Seeing her so near him, he hugged her tight. "Hey... what's wrong?" She asked worriedly. "Lee SungKyung... Will you be my girlfriend? I would like to make us official...." JooHyuk whipered by her ears. SungKyung moved alightly away from his embrace. Cupping his face with both her hands, she looked him in the eyes and nodded lovingly. JooHyuk lifted her up and spin her around. "Hey!" SungKyung exclaimed. He placed her down, took her hand in his and ran out of the stadium like a eloping pair. 

JooHyuk took her to dinner but she snatched the bill. "What? Your team won! Take it as a celebratory moment! But i cant so this often. I'll be broke!" She t*eased. He laughed. She's one funny being. Being with her ease his daily strenuous activities from training. It was a memorable night for him. His team won the game and he's officially has gotten himself a girlfriend. "Hey girlfriend..." Her hand in his, his lips on her. The restaurent server captured their picture the way he wanted. She smacked his arm candidly. "Have a good rest.. I'll see you tomorrow after my training?" JooHyuk walked her to the hotel room. "Of course. Dont worry.. It's not my first time in US. Im not a kid. Train well... Ill see you then..." She assured him she'll be fine alone. Her independence is what he's very thankful of. The week went pass so quickly. They spent all the time together as long he's free. He took her places she's never been and had plently of pictures taken. He sent her off to the airport with a heavy heart. "Give me your wallet..." SungKyung requested. Hiding from him, she returned him when she's done with it. He opened it up and saw their picture in it. "When things arnt too well, always remember how happy we are this happy together... hn?" He said nothing but captured her lips in his. "We're in public Nam JooHyuk!" She blushed when he t*ongued her deep. He chuckled at her reaction and hugged her tight. "I'll see you soon girlfriend..." 

"She's tall..... She's so beautiful... You two look very compatible..." JooHyuk's mother called him right away when he sent his parents a couple picture of him and SungKyung. He didnt want them to know from the news. He'd a feeling the press will write something soon. JooHyuk wanted to infrom his parents in his own way. From their tone through the call, he can hear their excitement over his new found relationship. As expected, news about him dating spread like fire in his home country. [Breaking! Is model-actress Lee SungKyung dating talented NBA/Korea National player Nam JooHyuk? Pictures of her attending his NBA games proved so!] Her company called her, asking for confirmation. She asked for some time and called JooHyuk instead. He'd wanted to call her forst but she moved faster than him. Considering both their careers and mental preparations, both decided to confirm their dating status as it is. Since then, both their interviews never once ended without asking about the maintainence on their well known long distance relationship. Her career boosted, many were curious about her and JooHyuk but she remained low key on her private matters, even to her family and close friends. Some even asked if she could get them NBA tickets.    

Reporters swam around JooHyuk when he exited the arrival hall of Incheon Airport. He's back in the country after 3 months since his dating news with SungKyung broke out. Flashes from camera and continuous questions blocked his way to his waiting vehicle. He answered none except thanks those who congratulated him on his wins from the recent games. Because he's dating someone from the entertainment industry, he has since been browsing e-news whenever possible. He's curious what would be written and when there's negative opinions, he took it to heart. Many opportunities went knocking on SungKyung's door. Articles wrote how she used JooHyuk to expand her career circle. But it was also noticed that she did not pounce on every single one that came by. "Why?" JooHyuk asked. "Its really a good chance but i feel it shouldnt be this way. Nothing is free in this world..." She shared with him. "Im pretty sure your price tag is higher than those i'd turned down. Please pay for my meals..." SungKyung joked. He laughed along with her.