viii

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music is changed to slow and everyone in the crowd is dancing with their partners. The atmosphere in the party is very romantic. Everyone is lovingly to each other and even with their masks on their eyes can speak for them.  But not for The Royal vampire. Instead of going back home, Jisoo stayed in the party and got herself drunk at the bar.  

 

“One more pleasuuu…” She raised her index finger, waved it for the bartender to notice her.

 

The bartender rolled his eyes annoyingly. “This is the last one or else I’ll call the security to you outside.” He said before handing her a glass of Ivies.

 

Jisoo then grabbed his wrist and moved close enough for her to compel him. “You’ll follow everything I say.” She released her grip and took another swig of Ivies. “Two more of these!” Immediately the bartender followed her order without any more complains.

 

“Why in the world I’m so affected by her words?! It’s true I’m just her slave. Whatever happens days ago was just because of the bond. I’m just one of her many capades anyway.”

 

Jisoo was about to order another drink when a girl stopped her. She ordered a calming drink for her instead. Jisoo didn’t want to at first but when she recognizes her she faced to her direction.

 

“I remember you. You were with Rosé that night.”  The vampire recognizes the Major General Kim Jennie in front of her because of their last encounter when Rosé introduces her as a friend and Lisa looked so shock. Then the next thing she recalls was the AVA agents torturing her.

 

“You!” She looked at her from her face down to her shoes then back up again. Jennie is wearing a red off shoulder dress with red choker and high leather boots on. Her mask is resting on her lap. Just like the first time she was introduced to her Jisoo notices how cute her cheeks are rather than her intimidating look.

 

“Drink this and go back immediately to where Lisa is hiding you.” Jennie slid the calming drink in front of the vampire.

 

“You’re not my master. Ssssoo don’t order me around. !” Said the drunken Jisoo.

 

Jennie is flabbergasted. She thought she heard it wrong. No one ever dared call her that in front of her face. She has heard it many times behind her but never directly to her. So it surprised the Major General. “You’re quite brave, vampire.” She whispered the last word just for the Royal to hear.

 

“And.. you are quite clingy.”

 

If isn’t because of their treaty she would have taught Jisoo a hard lesson already. “I’m just helping you because of the deal I made with Lisa. So drink this before Kai finds you and report you to AVA.”

 

Shivers run down to her spine upon hearing the word AVA. Her body still remembers the torture she felt just days ago with them. So she obliged and took the calming drink in one shot. In just seconds the alcohol in her system is gone.

 

“Now go. If you smell a werewolf anywhere here try to avoid them. Here’s my card as well. Call me if someone bothered you.”

 

“Why are you…suddenly so kind towards me?” Jisoo felt shy to the kindness of the stranger towards her.

 

The hybrid rolled her eyes again. “I have to if I want to live.” She sighed.

 

Once again Jennie is caught off guard when Jisoo suddenly held her hands while looking at her like an adorable bunny. “Maybe we can go out sometimes. I really want to have friends other than Rosé.” Her shoulder dropped with the thought of all her friends are gone now. Friends who treated her a human not like how she is right now.

 

“What made you think we’ll click?” This girl is making Jennie crazy on how unpredictable she is. Just minutes ago she called her a and now she wants them to be friends.

 

Jisoo just shrugged. “I don’t know. I just felt it the moment when I saw you at my master’s house. Anyway, I’ll better go now if I want to live.” The vampire gestured to leave when she smelled Lisa’s scent from upstairs getting closer. “Bye Jendeuk” She waved before disappearing in the crowd.

 

“What? Jen…deuk?” She stood up to scold the vampire but she’s already gone.

.

.

.

Seconds later, Rosé appeared alone beside her. Jennie took a long stare at the woman beside her before drinking her Ivies.

 

“Where’s your best friend?” Jennie asked.

 

Rosé replied with a heavy sigh. “Can we please not talk anything about Lisa for a while? Let’s pretend we’re just normal youngsters just like before.”

 

The hybrid offered a drink to Rosé which she accepted and drinks right away. “You look handsomely pretty in that suit by the way.” Said Jennie.

 

Rosé blushes and choke on her drink, spilling some of the Ivies on the counter.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yes. Of course! You… you look pretty too…” Rosé shyly said. Still blushing from the compliment she heard.

 

“You don’t have to say it back, silly”

 

“But you really are! Always have been.” Rosé blushes again with her sudden confession, feeling embarrassed towards her friend.

 

Jennie just chuckles to Rosé’s clumsiness both in action and words and she cannot help but notice how cute the fairy is.

 

Just then the music changes to one of their favorite songs from Arianna and Lady Gaga.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter