iv

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa stares at the vampire in front of her who has been silent. The Kitsune still cannot believe that the vampire stayed. She had the opportunity to escape but she even fought despite of being against it. Jisoo’s head is bowed and just frozen in her place. She’s been in this position since they came to the Kitsune’s house minutes ago.

 

“Jisoo, are you okay?” Lisa finally spoke.

 

“I told you to stop me.” Jisoo mumbled. Lisa felt the sadness in her tone but what she did next stunned Lisa. “I told you to stop me!” Jisoo repeated shouting this time and came towards Lisa choking her with one hand while digging her nails to Lisa’s nape. Her eyes darken in anger as it stares to Lisa.

 

The fox returned the stare with a glare not bothered with the vampire’s choking her. She also repaid it by choking back Jisoo, the vampire instantly loses her grip while the fox effortlessly lifted Jisoo to the air before pinning her to the ground. The fox puts her knees in between Jisoo’s sides while her other hand is on the floor supporting her position. Her three tails are also prepared if Jisoo decided to fight back.

 

“I’ll ask you again, how dare you to order me around?” She smirked as she tightens her grip on vampire’s neck. Lisa is not mad but she wanted to teach the vampire a lesson on who’s in control between the two of them.

 

Jisoo stayed quiet just looking at the fox on top of her. Her eyes are starting to turn back to normal, as well as her nails and her fangs disappears. Then suddenly she started crying and heaving. The fox is startled once again to the unstable vampire before her.

 

“Is she crazy?”  Lisa thought as she loosens her grip on her neck. The fox even gets baffled when Jisoo pulled her to a hug. No matter how stronger the fox is against the vampire at that moment her body instantly went weak and she lost balance closing the gap between them.

 

Ever since their escaped from AVA Jisoo has regained back her consciousness and that’s when she only realized every killings and how she brutally did it. Her conscience is eating her up and images of every lifeless body in her hands is getting heavier in her heart.

 

“I became a monster again Lady Kitsune. I killed those agents brutally. I lost control.” She said in between sobbing. “I’m sorry…I’m sorry….” She cried even more and continued apologizing to no one.

 

Lisa doesn’t know how to respond or comfort her. It’s been ages since someone cried on her shoulders and she is never really good in comforting others as well. So she just let Jisoo hold her and they stayed in that position until Jisoo is able to gather herself again. They both sat up after. Jisoo wiping her tears away while Lisa watches her.

 

“I did not mean to blame you a while ago.” She said apologetically towards Lisa. Her chin resting on top of her knees. Lisa contemplated if she’ll reach out for another hug but decided not to so she stood up first and Jisoo followed suit.

 

“Stop feeling sorry to them. They are meant to die anyway.”

 

Jisoo is confused with her reply.  “What do you mean?”

 

“Those agents are not soldiers but notorious criminals that have death sentenced. AVA uses them instead of risking their soldiers in operations.”

 

Jisoo is perplexed, is it supposed to help her? Because what she did to them is beyond inhumane and the fact that the government are using them for their death sentenced angers her as well. Lisa notices the furrowed eyebrows of Jisoo and her wandering eyes.

 

“Yah! They shot you first just because you’re a vampire that’s unfair. You only defended yourself and… you saved me and Dalgom too.” They both know the latter parts is only to make Jisoo feel better because Lisa can handle them by herself but it still helped Jisoo. She smiled thankfully to her which the Kitsune just brushed off and walk away.

 

 “Lady Kitsune, you haven’t told me your name yet.” Jisoo ran after the Kitsune. The fox wanted to ignore her since she really doesn’t give out her name to anyone but the vampire is being cute skipping behind her like a rabbit as she follows. Also Lisa thought they’ll spend more time together now and it will be impossible for her not to find out the fox’s real name.

 

The Kitsune stopped in her tracks making Jisoo’s head bumped her back. She faces the vampire with her hands in her back towering her and sending an authoritative aura. “Lisa. Now, come with me” She commanded before turning her back.

 

The vampire followed the fox behind. This is only when she notices how big the house of Lisa. It’s twice bigger than hers and the design is a mix of modern and old Japanese houses. It is minimalist and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

 

Lisa opened a room it looks unused for years. The dust is so thick that Jisoo knows if she isn’t a vampire she’ll sneeze non-stop. The room is empty without any furniture and bed.

 

“This is going to be your room. You can do whatever you want with it.” Lisa quickly ended their conversation not giving Jisoo opportunity to talk or ask more. She walked out of the room leaving the vampire there.

 

Lisa went straight to her own room which is upstairs. As soon as she closes the door behind her the fox let out a breath she’s been holding in. For some reason the vampire has been bothering her in different ways since they arrive her house. Jisoo’s heart is more human than most humans she has encountered in her entire existence and it makes her heart soft towards the vampire.  Not to mention how she instantly got attracted by its Royal form.

 

“What’s that look mean?” Rosè suddenly appeared in front of her. Her hair is now colored purple. The fox jumped in her place startled by the sudden presence of her best friend.

 

“What brought you here?” The fox ignored her question and changed the topic. Luckily, Rosè did not notice.

 

The fairy leaps towards the bed and sat there while Lisa plop on her couch.

 

“Jennie is in bad situation right now in AVA because the vampire got away. Why didn’t you just give her up to them?”

 

The mention of Jennie’s name stings a bit. It’s been a while since she heard her name. The fairy notices the sudden change on Lisa’s expression and she knows she’s going to face death if she mentions her again.

 

Lisa massages her temple. “I just made a deal with the vampire that she’ll be my slave and you know I cannot take back my words. Did they find out anything about her identity?”

 

The fairy shook her head. “It seems like Jisoo is good in hiding her real identity. Anyway, are you sure this is not about something more?”

 

The fox looked at her confuse. Rosè flew towards the couch beside her best friend. “I’ve been thinking about the prophecy. You know, maybe the reason why she’ll be the cause of your death is because you guys will fall in love.”

 

Lisa shot her a glare on how casually she talks about her death and falling in love. It did occur to her before though but she doesn’t want to acknowledge any of it. “Oopsies, she probably heard me. Sorry.” Rosè covered .

 

The fox let out another sigh getting impatient to her best friend. “Each room here has a sound proof potion so don’t worry. And please let’s just talk tomorrow. I want to take a bath and rest. It has been a long day for me.”

 

“Yes your highness” Rosè playfully bowed before turning to a miniature version of herself.

 

“Rosè I need you here early morning and bring the special calming potion for the vampires.” Lisa requested before the fairy flew away.

.

.

.

The next day Lisa woke up with the smell of grilling meat coming from her kitchen. It made her stomach growl making her hungry. It took her a minute to realize she’s living with someone now. When she got to her kitchen she saw Jisoo busy preparing their meal. The food on the table are like three course meal.  Rosè is also present and is sitting on the chair while talking to Jisoo. They did not notice Kitsune’s presence until she cleared . Both girls turn to her direction.

“Good morning Lady Kitsune” Jisoo greeted happily.

 

“When did you prepare all these? Did you even sleep?” Lisa is surprised to see all the foods since she never really cooks and she also assumed Jisoo even went to the market to buy the ingredients.

 

“How can I sleep?” Jisoo asked rhetorically. “So I just made these for your breakfast” A smile crept across her face proud of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter