No Different (Jenlisa)

Resilience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No Different

--,


“You’ve changed,” Jennie remarked, twirling her wine glass, avoiding eye contact with her ex. Lisa smiled gently. “We’ve both suffered the same condition, Jen. Who wouldn’t?”


Jennie, this time, eyed her. “Touché. How have you been?” eyes full of longing, hope, and familiarity, she asked her ex who cut her steak in half. Lisa no longer wanted to eat when she saw those cat-like eyes of hers. The very same orbs that she fell in love with a few years ago.


“I’ve been well. The studio is doing good too. Should I ask you the same thing? I see you everywhere now.” Lisa answered courtly which made Jennie flinch a little. Lalisa’s last statement made it seem that she doesn’t want to get involved with her anymore. Or maybe she’s just overreacting.

The older woman likes to read in between the lines too much. (in which Lisa hates)


Jennie masked her internal monologue with a giggle, “You should. That’s just the polite thing to do.” This time, Lisa looked at her. “How are you, Jen?” muttering those four words in a slow tone made Jennie’s insides churn. It sounded desperate. As if she wanted her to be honest with her. 


“Career is great. I’m not.” She admitted. Lisa still has her way of making her tell the truth. And she hates it. She hates how Lisa still has that power over her.


The younger woman blinked. “Oh.” Lisa muttered, “That’s the thing with fame, I guess. It slowly consum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter