toxic - wenjoy

Resilience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Break-ups are hard.

But how can you get over something (or someone) that you never had in the first place?

Here’s how Joy coped up.

And it wasn’t easy.

 

 

Joy knew what was coming to her when Wendy and her talked about their current predicament. She wanted a serious relationship, something that she sees herself in the long run. Wendy wanted something casual, something that may cease to exist, or something that may not run in the long run like what Joy wanted or something temporary--. Joy hates uncertainties but it was weird because she knows that she doesn’t want this but at the same time she’s drawn to the idea of an evolved Wendy, someone who can finally love herself as much as she does and she doesn’t want to risk that opportunity to be loved by a person wholly.

Or maybe she’s just drawn to broken people just like what she experienced on her former ex. And now that he’s fixed, she left him and moved on to another.

But in Wendy’s case, it seemed different. She loves her. Something that she cannot easily admit especially when she just met Wendy months ago. She barely knew the woman but she wasn’t blind to the attraction that they both shared. She was grateful to Seulgi for setting her up on that blind date. After that, they’ve been talking non-stop and she wanted to know what they are. When confronted, the older woman was quite in shock, sighed wistfully and said, “I don’t think I’m ready for a relationship right now.” and everything else was silent.

She trusts Wendy when she told her that she loves her wholeheartedly but the older woman couldn’t commit because of her current issues with herself. Joy was perfectly fine with that. She can manage. She’s been in this kind of situation before. It did break her to pieces she guessed the second time’s a charm? (or was it the third?) she couldn’t tell. All she could focus at the moment was the beauty in front of her, showing her her complete set of teeth, Joy reeled. She’s in too deep. And it’s gonna be bad.

 

Yeri almost smacked her on the head when Joy told her about Wendy. “She told you she isn’t ready and yet you’re still here? Stop trying to force her into something that she’s not prepared! Because we all know for sure that in the end, you’re the only one who’ll lose everything.”

Her eyes were sad and solemn. Joy smiled bitterly. She remembered Yeri’s ex girlfriend, Saeron.

Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter