First Week Struggles

She's The Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm having problems switching with pronouns if the part is not Tzuyu-centric XD

“Hmmm. When you said you have your owned by two people, they are very far from what I was imagining.”

Is what Elkie had said when Chaeyoung and Dahyun, Tzuyu’s new ‘friends’ roam Elkie’s house shamelessly.

“Ahh~~ They have many plants inside the house. And it’s real, Dahyunnie!” The small girl with a bob-cut says as she touches one of the leaves of the small tree in between the living room and the dining room, right under the atrium. Elkie look at Tzuyu confused and Tzuyu keeps her eyes trained on the two.

“They have tigers in here Chaengie. Tigers! Do you think if I rub it, it’ll give me good luck?” The other one, as pale as snow says and is… rubbing a handkerchief on the tiger statue by the main door.

One of Elkie’s maid is seething, looking from the young mistress of the house to the two strangers, waiting for Elkie to say something. Elkie is still waiting for Tzuyu to make the first move.

Tzuyu sighs as she lets the two wander off, only removing her gaze from the two when she feels something furry rub itself in her leg. She looks down and sighs in relief. She rubs the top of the dog’s head, as it wags its tail enthusiastically. She lowers herself and let the dog her cheeks.

Elkie shakes her head, crossing her arms. “You let Mocha kiss you but not me.”

Tzuyu doesn’t answer, just continues to play with Mocha, an adult golden retriever. She rubs its cheeks as energetic as the dog, ignoring its master, while mumbling, “Have you missed me Mocha? ‘Cause I missed you lots!”

Elkie huffs and gently kicks Tzuyu at the back. “If you’re gonna ignore me, there’s no way you’re learning soccer any time soon.”

Tzuyu glares at her but stood up. Mocha sits up and wags her tail, looking from Tzuyu then to Elkie. Tzuyu grabbed a small packet inside her bag, opened the zip and throw two treats towards the waiting dog. When she hears her friend gasps, Tzuyu smirk at her and then leans into her, rubbing her cheek, the one with Mocha’s slobber into her friend’s cheek. Elkie’s eyes widen and immediately pushed her friend away.

She wipes her cheek immediately with the back of her hand and cleaned it on Tzuyu’s jacket. “You’re disgusting. Is that, one week pretending to be a guy, did to you?!”

Tzuyu just laughs in response and started walking towards the kitchen. She takes a glance at her new company, and realized the two are already outdoors, walking by the pond, probably following the coy fishes. “Do you have any food? I didn’t get to eat breakfast. I sneaked even before my roommate woke up.”

Elkie shakes her head in amusement and asked the helpers to prepare breakfast for their guests.

“…you stalked me and is now blackmailing me? Tell me why I shouldn’t sue you first thing in the morning.” Tzuyu just wanted to take a warm shower before going to sleep. Was that too much to ask for?!

“I can counter-sue you.”

“With what?” Tzuyu says, now raising an eyebrow at the two, crossing her arms.

The girl with the short-hair is still staring at her with wide eyes, and it actually is making Tzuyu conscious, so she grips the towel around her body tighter, hoping to make her less vulnerable from the scrutiny of the shorter girl who has yet to introduce herself. The other one, extruding with bravado, has a (stupid) smirk on her face, with eyebrows wiggling, looking at her. She is definitely creeped out.

The pale girl laughs haughtily and points her finger upwards, “Identity theft!” almost like an invisible light bulb is on the top of her head.

Tzuyu rolls her eyes, “That only sticks if I stole your identity. Or I’m damaging my brother’s reputation or using him for some gain.” And then she mumbles, “The only thing I’ve gained in this whole fiasco is problems and migraine. Never ending migraine.” She now puts her hand in her temple, massaging it. Something she had been doing for the rest of the day.

The girl replies, stuttering. “Hmm… you know your lawsuit.” She even nods appreciatively.

Tzuyu shrugs, “it runs in the family.”

The two seems to have reached an impasse when the short-haired girl finally opened and says, “Can I just say, you’re really pretty?”

Tzuyu’s eyes widen. And the pale girl (or the lawsuit!girl as Tzuyu would like to nickname her) nudged her and says, “Calm your hormones! Don’t you already have a girlfriend?!”

The short haired girl giggles and says, “Yes but I have eyes.” She puts her fingers in her eyes to make it bigger to make a demonstration. Tzuyu is convinced this school is a circus. The girl then continues, “Hehee… It’s amazing. I mean, I close my eyes and I can still see her body! Say, do you work out? Your biceps are—”

“Okay that’s it! I’m suing! Definitely suing first thing in the morning!” Tzuyu says, glaring at the two, her face now fully flushed red. A cold shiver run through her body at the thought that these two had seen her . She had always believed in karma, so she doesn’t know why she’s undergoing this new kind of torture. She was only here to help her brother be a rock star or whatever. She had always been a dutiful daughter. She might even go as far and say she had always been a good friend to Elkie. What has she done to deserve this?!

“Okay, so aside from you three pretending to be buddy-buddies at school on daylight. What else do they want?”

Tzuyu shrugs as she shoves an omelet in . “They said they’ll tell me when they figure it out.”

Elkie laughs and then leans in, “You’re telling me, these two actually has you wrapped around their fingers? Not even the douche, JB or the HBIC Sana have you on a leash. You said you’ve dealt with them. And then yesterday, you sent me a text saying they’re coming with you.” She jerks her head into the two small girls. The other one is laughing while the pale girl is running (for her life) because Mocha is chasing her.

“HBIC? What are you watching?”

"Head in Charge!" Elkie pouts and grabs a fruit from Tzuyu’s plate. “Lose the judgment in your tone. You’re having all the fun in your school while I’m stuck here with Netflix, Viu, Amazon, and HBO. Seriously, I’m bored out of my mind.”

Tzuyu looks at Elkie sheepishly and even at the current situation, is still feeling guilty. “Sorry. I really didn’t think much of this through.”

Elkie nods and waves her hand. “It’s the most crazy we had, so I’m not complaining. So tell me. What’s their price?”

Tzuyu groans, now stabbing the (innocent) strawberry on her plate, “The other one is probably just as rich as you. Money isn’t the answer.” Tzuyu leans in and half-whispers, half-shouts, “They have a portrait of me , Elkie! The one with the bob cut has a very impressive photographic memory and has very talented hands! I don’t think I’m in any position to negotiate.”

Elkie’s eyes widen and grasps Tzuyu’s arm, leaning in even closer. “Like how detailed are we talking about in here? You, under the shower… With water flowing down your body?”

Tzuyu looks at her mortified, “Detailed enough that if I wasn’t 18, it would’ve been illegal.”

Elkie grabs Tzuyu’s glass and take gulps of water, now fanning herself. Tzuyu follows her with her eyes, her eyebrows pointing upwards, looking at her hopeful. “Paint me like one of your French girls, huh?” Elkie mumbles, nodding. Elkie stands up and then says, “I think it’s time for the three of us to be friends and for me to commission that girl for more projects.”

Tzuyu groans and pull Elkie down harshly. “Can you put your mind out of the gutter for a sec? Why are you like this? Help me.”

“If I get a kiss for the amount of times you have said that, you would’ve tasted every inch of me.”

Tzuyu just stares at her and grabs the glass from her friend and throw the water at her in one swift motion.

Elkie gasps, her jaw dropping, looking at Tzuyu in shock, “You did not just do that.”

Tzuyu grabs the pitcher and Elkie stood up in response, ready to run. Tzuyu clicks her tongue, grips the pitcher tighter, looking at Elkie threateningly then says, “You need to some water, baby. You seem so thirsty.”

The moment Tzuyu got back to the dorms, 2 hours before curfew, all she can think about is how she wants to just lay in bed and fast forward ‘till she has her brother back. She might even feel guilty and wish her brother would either be that successful that he’s now ready to comeback and confess to their parents or that her brother and has to face his inevitable destiny, but her legs are aching and she doesn’t have time for pity.

Running.

There’s too much running and leg work in Soccer. Something she lacks in golf. It’s all about the upper body’s strength in golf.

If this continues, her body would be full toned.

Her mentor, Taecyeon had told her, for starters, she needs to run everyday and get used to it.

“He’s a vlogger—"

“Please, tell me you did NOT YouTube our way out of this.”

“Yes, I totally did. Now shush and get your soccer skills up!”

Although, the basic footwork is there, Tzuyu is still convinced she would at the tryouts. Still, she’s already one foot in, and the Chou in her is urging her to try her best in anything that she does. Taecyon had told her, she is a fast learner and he believes she could do well by the time tryouts had come.

But between that, and juggling the weird creeps (as Tzuyu would call Chaeyoung and Dahyun), and her being tangled in an unnecessary high school drama, she’s worn out.

Her musing was interrupted when she opens the door and sees… Jackson cuddling her stuff toy.

“Ooh! Tienchen-ssi, my buddy! You’re back!” Jackson greets her, raising the stuff toy with one hand, the other flapping its ear to her to say hi. His bright smile is there and the familiar lack of clothes.

“Why do you have Minjoong?”

Jackson grabs the brown stuff toy and waves it in front of Tzuyu, now playing with its paws. “Seriously? I’ve been calling him Kevin! Doesn’t he look like a Kevin?”

Tzuyu closes her eyes and breathes through her nose. If she’s not feeling sore, she might risk it and throw a swing hard at him. “Minjoong, not Kevin.” She snaps her fingers and put one hand in her hip. Some would question her stance as a boy but she’s too tired to play her part. And to be honest, she doesn’t think Jackson notice anyway. “Answer the question, hyung.”

Jackson jumps from his spot and started walking towards Tzuyu. He inevitable puts his (heavy) arm around Tzuyu and shoves the stuff toy in her face. “Ok, ok! So I’ve accidentally open your box. So… don’t get mad I knocked it out with my ball. And it fell from the table, then boom. Kevin got out.” He changed his voice to a baby one now looking at Minjoong and says, “I bet you just want to play, don’t you?!”

“Hm—”

“I said don’t get mad!”

“Everything you just had said makes me feeling nothing but mad!” Tzuyu shouts and then grabs her stuff toy from Jackson. She glares at him and then went directly to her table. She looks around to see if anything else had been misplaced. Her things are where she left them and when she checked the box where Minjoong is supposedly stuck away, everything else is still there. She feels instant regret and not double checking if she had tucked away all personal items in a safe place. But she was in a hurry! Last time she woke up after Jackson, the guy had insisted they do a morning routine together.

“Okay, sure. I know you’re mad. But quick question? Why do you have so many moisturizers?”

Right. The facial wash and the other personal girly things are in the same box. Literally the only thing that Tzuyu had on her own is in that box. She should have a safe!

She turns on her heel in a snap and then says the first thing that come out of her mind. “Why don’t you?! Self-care is important, hyung.”

To her surprise, Jackson just nods. “Right. Is that why you have soft skin?” He then proceeds to touch his face and says, “I took a picture of it and ordered some online.”

“I… what?”

“And the big blower?”

Tzuyu was taken aback but answers anyway, “That’s a diffuser. I like to style my hair sometimes.”

“Yeah. You’re kinda obsessed with your hair.” A nod. “But your curly hair looks nice. Do you think I should try it too?”

“Uhm—” How to say that's a wig?

“And the tampons?”

A beat.

Tzuyu her lips and grips Minjoong’s legs. “For nosebleeds.” Not so smart. But Tzuyu was never a good liar.

“Really?! Dude, do you know how many nosebleeds I get? The amount of times I get hit in the face with a ball is too many to count! Maybe I should buy some too! But won’t it be weird for guys to buy tampons??”

What the… ?!

Tzuyu blinks her eyes fast as she stares at the over-enthusiastic tall guy now pacing in front of her. Is he dumb or what? But if he’s eating any lie Tzuyu can provide him then maybe Tzuyu shouldn’t complain. She sighs and shakes her head, a smile now playing in her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter