Livingroom

Torn in Threes

The apartments are quiet, the girls flinch when their utensils clink loudly against their bowls and glasses. It's quiet without Sojung around. Eunha is quick in escaping to the apartment downstairs. Where she can have her eyes open in the bathroom without seeing flashbacks of red.

So there she is, in the corner of the sofa with her knees to her chest. "I saw something" she says, her voice is small and if her natural pitch wasn't so easy to pick up on it would have gone unheard. Yuna sits down beside her. "Is it something you want to share?" Yuna is really amazing sometimes. Despite her being disconnected she is the most emotionally intelligent out of all of them. Her kind eyes scanning Eunha and awaiting her response. Eunha fidgets with her socks, eyes busy with the yellow white striped fabric. "I saw Sojung's diary" Eunha begins. Tears sting in her eyes. Her small fists grabbing onto her shirt. "She wrote that she couldn't take it any more" the first tears falls. Yuna is quiet, calm and warm. Hand rubbing Eunha's back. "Can't take what any more?" Eunha glares at her. "What else, this!" Her arms motioning to her and the other members and the room and the agency logo on the wall. Yewon doesn't stay any longer, she doesn't need to hear any more than that. She retreats to her room and slams the door shut. The others flinch but remain in place. 

They hear someone starting a shower but both Eunha and Sinb is in the other dorm. Maybe a manager or-

Sinb sprints out and up, ignoring the elevator she knows she has to wait for. But when she enters the apartment upstairs. It's still dark. The sound of the shower loud in the quiet space. Sinb opens the door, heart jumping and sinking at the same time as her eyes take in the sight of Sojung laying in the bathtub with her clothes still on. Drenched. Sinb goes up to the tub and reaches down to shake her but jerk back and curse when she realizes the water is cold. The dial set the furthest back to blue. 

"Eunbi?" Sojung asks, she doesn't open her eyes but her hand reaches for the younger. "I thought you all left, left me for good" Sojung sounds so pathetic, voice weak and trembling. Sinb reaches to turn the water off but Sojung's cold fingers stop her. "Let me suffer in peace" she mutters. "Never" Sinb protests. She gets into the tub, toes curling as her clothes soak in the cold water that rains down on her. "Stop" Sojung begs. Sinb wraps her arms around Sojung's limp figure and presses her face into the elders neck. "Don't do this to me" Sojung doesn't respond, the same glazed-over look in her eyes as when the managers carried her out. The water is turned off and Sinb breathes in relief. Turning her head she spots the others. Eunha has her arms crossed and cheeks puffed. Sinb feels a tear burn against her cheek as she hears Sojung's broken mumble. "I can't take it any more" Sinb sniffles, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Please, let us help you" she begs. Sojung just stares at them, her own tears staining her exhausted face.

They all help her get dried up, huddling around her like a group of children would a puppy. "What did you mean?" Yewon asks. Voice small but firm. Sojung searches Yewon's expression but for the life of her can't decipher what she means. "I can't take it any more" Yewon quotes. "Your journal was open" she continues. The silence that follows is tense. Sojung's eyes shake as she struggles to reply. "Are you that sick of us?" Yewon questions. Sojung's shoulders sink and her knees buckle. But Eunha and Sinb are by her side holding her up. Forcing her to see eye to eye with the upset youngest of the group. The silence returns as Sojung again tries to respond. "You wouldn't understand" she decides to say after a long silence. She says it in such a motherly way it hurts even more than if she had spat and cursed at them. "What are we supposed to do with that?" Yerin follows. Her eyes are upset too and Sojung can feel her heartbreaking at the sight of her members starting to hate her. Sojung feels a weight on her chest as she struggles to breathe. For the first time her members witness her having a panic attack. Sojung's shaking hands lace into her hair as she covers her ears. The words echoing loudly in her ears. After all this time, this is all she amounted to. Hurting and angering her members. Her sisters. Sojung doesn't know what to do to drown out the intrusive thoughts, so she screams. Screams to make them stop. Sinb forces the other members out of the bathroom. She grabs Sowon's face by placing her hands on top of Sowon's and tries to soothe her by talking. The elder eventually calms down but is quickly shown to be exhausted. Sinb helps her out into the living room and gets her to snuggle into the warmth of pillows and blankets she piles up. "Eunbi" Sojung says. It's firm but not angry. "Thank you" Sojung says. Her hand laces with Sinb's and the younger's eyebrows furrow at the action, Sojung says it as she expected even Sinb to hate her too. Yewon and Yerin joins them and Sojung feels her heart going wild and her chest restricting again but their eyes are kind and worried and hurt. Sojung can't help but open her arms for them. She can't stand seeing the hurt in their eyes. Hurt she knows she caused. Yuna joins and she drowns Sojung in kisses. Apparently she can't be left out. Eunha is by Sinb's side the moment Sojung turns her head. Had she always been there? Anyway; they were all gathered and Sojung wants them to stay.