Change my birthday

A kindergarten story
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good morning. Today, we have a new kid joining our class. Please treat him kindly, okay?" Leeteuk greeted then, he motioned for the other kid who seemed to be trying to hide behind Ryeowook to introduce himself.


'Go on.' Ryeowook encouraged.


"Hello. My name is Kim Kibum." He doesn't sound shy but, he doesn't sound excited either.


Leeteuk smiled at the kid, "Tell them more about yourself, Kibum." 


"I was born in Seoul. My birthday is on August 21. And I like reading" Kibum introduced. He looked at Leeteuk as if saying 'I'm done, that's it'.


"Alright. Kibum is new in this town, please welcome him warmly." Leeteuk said before guiding Kibum to his seat.


Yesung kept looking at Kibum with a wide smile on his face and when recess came, he hurriedly went to Kibum.


"Hello" Yesung greeted cheerfully. "My name is Yesung."


"Hello." Kibum replied back.


"My birthday is on August too!!" Yesung informed him happily. "Let's be friends."


Kibum stared at Yesung for a while before replying. "Okay." He answered softly.


"I'm going to introduce you to the others. Let's go." Yesung said, taking Kibum by the wrist. Kibum didn't mind and he just let Yesung drag him.


Yesung took them to where Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, and Donghae were playing and started pointing at each of them.


"This is Eunhyuk."


"Hi!" Eunhyuk greeted, giving Kibum his gummy smile.

"This is Donghae." 

"Hello! I'm Donghae" Donghae exclaimed and took Kibum's hand, shaking it excitedly. "Let's be friends."


"This is Kyuhyun." Kyuhyun was looking at Yesung's hand who was still holding Kibum's wrist with a frown. He then turned to look at Kibum's face with a cold stare.


"You should say 'Hi'!" Yesung told Kyuhyun but, Kyuhyun has another thing in his mind.


Kyuhyun went closer and removed Yesung's hand from Kibum. "Hi." He greeted coldly before turning to Yesung with an excited face. "Let's play hide and seek, Yesung."


"Do you want to play, Kibum?" Yesung asked.


Kibum shook his head and was about to go back to his seat but, Donghae stopped him. "It's going to be fun! Please!" 


Kibum shook his head, "sorry."


Donghae pouted and Kibum looks like he would say yes only for to erase the sad look on Donghae but, he really didn't want to play. 


Eunhyuk spoke up and smiled at Kibum, "It's okay." He turned his attention to Donghae and tried to cheer him up. "We shouldn't force him. He might be tired because they just moved here."


"Are you tired? Sorry. Let's play next time" Donghae beamed.


Kibum nodded and went back to seat, Yesung was about to follow him. "You don't want to play, Yesung?" Donghae asked.


"No. I I'll play next time." Yesung replied.


"Why not?" Kyuhyun asked.


"I want to go to Kibum."


"Okay." Donghae said and Yesung quickly went to Kibum.


Kyuhyun glared at Yesung's retreating back and muttered to himself "stupid, Yesung." 


For days, Yesung can be seen happily following Kibum around and trying to get Kibum to talk longer to him. Kibum didn't mind Yesung sticking to him, it doesn't get him irritated and he finds

Please log in to read the full chapter