Chapter Nine

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All that Jiyong saw when he enters the room was Yoona's apologetic smile as she pointed at the shattered glass on the floor.

 

 

"Sorry." Yoona was preparing to get out of the bed to pick up the shatter glass pieces. "I just wanted to have some water."

 

 

"Stop!" Jiyong shouted, "Don't step on the glass."

 

 

"It's alright. I can do it."

 

 

"Im Yoona!" Jiyong shouted, "It's not the time to be stubborn!"

 

 

Yoona froze on the spot since she did not expect Jiyong to get mad over this. Yoona sat on the bed quietly while her eyes were following Jiyong. Jiyong got busied, going in and out of the bathroom.

 

 

"Didn't I tell you to dry your hair earlier?"

 

 

Jiyong's voice along with sound the water gushing out from the tap broke the silence.

 

 

"You never listens." Jiyong reprimanded as he walked out of the bathroom.

 

 

He places his palm on her forehead, checking her temperature. Her forehead was still burning and her face was slightly flushed.

 

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was slightly startled but she did not protest. Her eyes glance upon the digital clock on the table and her eyes shot right open.

 

 

"It's already 5?!" Yoona shrieked, "I got to go back! If not I'll get slaughtered by Appa."

 

 

Yoona got ready to get off the bed but Jiyong held onto her shoulders.

 

 

"I have already told Uncle Im that you will be spending the night here." Jiyong placed the thermometer into her ears, "Uncle Im told you to give him a call once you are up."

 

 

"38.9 degrees." Jiyong shook his head and started coughing vigorously. Afraid that he would pass the cough to Yoona, he took a few steps back.

 

 

"Come out, Youngbae made some porridge." Jiyong opened the door, "Take some medicine after that, I think I have some spares."

 

 

Before Jiyong could leave the room  Yoona called out.

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"You sound like an old grandpa nagging." Yoona groaned, "I am not a kid!"

 

 

"You are a kid!" Jiyong rolled his eyes and rebutted, with Yoona following behind him.

 

 

"Oh Yoona." Youngbae smiled when he saw Yoona tailing behind Jiyong. "Are you feeling better?"

 

 

"Slightly light-headed but I am fine" Yoona's eyes immediately gleamed when she saw the food on the table. There was a box of fried chicken and two bowls of porridge beside it.

 

 

Yoona's hands were about to reach out for the box of chicken but to only got slapped away.

 

 

"Ouch! What was that for?" Yoona glared at Jiyong.

 

 

"You are having a fever and you're still thinking of fried chicken?" Jiyong frowned, "Stop dreaming."

 

 

"I-I was going to take the bowl of porridge!" Yoona defended herself, "Youngbae Oppa's cooking! How could I have missed that?"

 

 

"Stop lying Im Yoona."

 

 

"Yah yah, you two. Will you guys ever grow up?" Youngbae pulled out the seat for Yoona, "Still bickering like a 5 years old kid."

 

 

"Oppa! He's always the one who starts first!"

 

 

"Yah!"

 

 

"After I look at both of you, I'm not sure if I want a kid anymore." Youngbae took the box of chicken. "You guys can continue while I enjoy my chicken."

 

 

"Oppa!/Dude!"

 


✧✧✧✧✧

 


"You sure you can attend the press conference on Monday?"

 

 

"I think so? Will be fine after taking the medicine." Yoona swallowed the medicine, making a disgusted face.

 

 

Jiyong came from the kitchen, stopping right in front of Yoona.

 

 

"What are you going to do this time around?"

 

 

"Hold your hair, those blocking your forehead."

 

 

"Waeee~" She whined but followed the instructions obediently. 

 

 

Jiyong sticks a piece of the cooling pad on her head, trying to lower the temperature.

 

 

"Why are you sticking this? I am not a kid!" Yoona protested and as usual, she reached out, wanting to peel it off.

 

 

"Stop your nonsense." Jiyong had his hands against her forehead while Yoona glared at him angrily.

 

 

The reason why Jiyong was so paranoid whenever Yoona was down with a fever was that he was slightly traumatized when they were young.

 

 

There was once when Yoona was down with a fever and fainted right in Jiyong's arms, scaring him out of his wits. Jiyong was the one to blame since he was the one who brought Yoona out to play in the rain.

 

 

Ever since then, whenever Yoona was down with a fever, Jiyong will be the most paranoid amongst everyone.

 

 

"You gave him a good scare when you were young Yoong." Youngbae laughs and pointed at the 2 bags beside the TV-console. "That two bags are for you."

 

 

"He is always paranoid!" Yoona's glare disappeared and immediately turned into a grin. "I have gifts?!"

 

 

Yoona pushed pass Jiyong and went straight for the paper bags.

 

 

"Yah! You use my card to buy gift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter