Chapter Ten

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, sunlight seeped into the room through the slightly translucent curtain.

 

 

Ai, Jiyong's cat who was at the corner of the room, did a few lazy stretches and made her way to the master bed.

 

 

Yoona was in her deep slumber until she felt little footsteps on top of her. Naturally, she would think that it was Rae-oh who came in to wake her up.

 

 

Rae-oh is Yoona's pet dog, a male bichon frisé. Rae-oh will always come into her room every morning to wake her up.

 

 

"Rae-oh, give me 5 more minutes." Yoona let out a groan with her eyes shut.

 

 

She then snuggled up to her bolster, wrapping one of her legs on top.

 

 

Ai stood on top of Yoona, giving a soft purr as though making its presence known.

 

 

Yoona wanted to drift back to sleep but something was bothering her. Usually, Rae-oh would start to bark but now, all she heard was a cat purring.

 

 

She opened her eyes and saw a white fabric. She turned slightly to her side, Ai was now on her cheeks.

 

 

Yoona looked at Ai with blurry vision, blinked twice before she looked up.

 

 

Jiyong's face was right in front of her and she almost let out a scream. Her first instinct was to move back but Jiyong tightened his hug around her.  Her eyes went wide open and that was when she realized that she was in his arms.

 

 

At first, she wanted to push him away. However, after staring at his face for a short while, she saw that Jiyong was frowning. Yoona inferred that he must have been looking after her throughout the night.

 

 

Her arms involuntarily reached out, wanting to touch his cheeks.

 

 

"I know I am very handsome even in the morning but Ms.Im you don't have to stare at me like this." Jiyong suddenly spoke up and caught Yoona by surprise.

 

 

Yoona frozen and her eyes shot wide open. Jiyong slowly opened his eyes at that exact moment, witnessing Yoona's hands being right in front of him.

 

 

"What are you trying to do?"

 

 

And all Yoona did was to stare back at him blankly.

 

 

"D-Dude," Yoona got back her senses and pushed him away. "You are d-drooling! I was trying to w-wipe them away!"

 

 

Yoona got embarrassed and ran out of the room without waiting for a reply from Jiyong, leaving him dumbfounded in the room.

 

 

"Oh, morning Yoona." Youngbae gave his infamous smile. "I gave a few knocks on the door to wake Jiyong up but there was no response."

 

 

Youngbae placed 2 slices of toast onto a plate, pouring a cup of milk for Yoona and gestured her to take a seat.

 

 

Yoona could only let out a nervous smile while she took a seat. If Jiyong were to come out from his room now, Youngbae would misunderstand the entire situation.

 

 

"I-I think he must be tired out!" Yoona took a bite of the toast.

 

 

"Guess not?" Youngbae gave Yoona a teasing look.

 

 

"Good morning~" Jiyong walked out from his room and conveniently took the cup of milk that was on the table.

 

 

"Yah! That's mine!"

 

 

"Oh~" Youngbae smiled inwardly. "So this is why you are not in THAT room."

 

 

"H-He was just looking after me over the n-night." Yoona stuttered, trying to make it clear. "You know, fever."

 

 

"Ya right." Jiyong rolled his eyes and took a seat beside Yoona. "I was your bolster!"

 

 

Yoona let out a curse and Jiyong wasn't making this easier for her.

 

 

"Seems like you are all recovered?" Youngbae poured another cup of milk for Yoona. "And it seems like it's all thanks to someone?"

 

 

Youngbae diverted his eyes to Jiyong, who was aimlessly scrolling his phone.

 

 

"Come on, you need to give him some credits. I kept hearing the door opening and closing last night that I almost wanted to come out to swear at him for disturbing my sleep."

 

 

"Please divert your swear to that culprit. It's also because of her, my dark circles are going down my chin."

 

 

"But it seemed like you had a great sleep," Yoona muttered under her breath.

 

 

"Shouldn't I deserve a thank you, Oppa?" Jiyong looked at Yoona annoyingly, raising his brows at her.

 

 

"Thank you, Kwon Jiyong." Yoona gritted her teeth, chomping down her breakfast.

 

 

Yoona took a look at her phone and immediately stood up and grabbed her stuff which was lying by the side of the TV console.

 

 

"Youngbae Oppa! I'll get going first! I haven't prepared for tomorrow's press conference!" Yoona greeted. "Thanks for the gift, and see you tomorrow!"

 

 

"Bye!"

 


✧✧✧✧✧

 

 

Monday, 8:30 am at YEUM Art Gallery.

 

 

The press conference was to start at 9 am sharp. By 8:30 am, most of the reporters were already seated down, getting all geared up for the press conference.

 

 

It was held in one of the halls in the YEUM Art Gallery. On the stage, there was a table with 2 seats and labels in front of them. The names printed are Dong Youngbae and Im Yoona.

 

 

At first, Jiyong wanted to be part of this as well. However, Youngbae mentioned that it would be inappropriate. The emcee for today would be Yerim who was neatly dressed in white.

 

 

At 9 am sharp, Yoona and Youngbae both went up the stage, taking their seats. Meanwhile, Jiyong was standing at the side of the stage, monitoring the situation.

 

 

The moment both of them stepped onto the stage, all you could see were the flashes from the cameras.

 

 

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, we will now commence the press conference

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter