| Earbuds |

No Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo twists around and listens to the security system beep for the door to open as the giraffe emerges with an earbud plugged into his left ear. He was wearing a red cap, bundled in a black puffer coat, his cheeks a little flushed from the cold air outside. He stood for a good second by the door, in front of Ji Hyo who this time, is not wearing sponsored clothing, but a white t-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms. She also has earphones on but in both ears, and her hair up in a messy bun. Her feet are bare. She looks, alarmingly, human. Kwang Soo freezes for a second. God really has favorites, huh? He thought unconsciously. "Hey, noona." The actor greets, stuffing his earphones into his pocket.

 

"Wow." She marvels. Though he was never late, she never expected him to get to her place this fast. "That was quick."
 

Earlier in the morning, before she hopped into the shower, she had texted him to come over. It was nothing suggestive, but it was clear enough to communicate the purpose of his visit. It was her usual 'Do you want to come over?' text.

 

As he pulls his sneakers off, he places his shoes aside and pads over to where she's standing. She only now notices that he looks confused and uncomfortable. The actress almost didn't know how both emotions can be expressed on a single face simultaneously. "What's wrong?" Ji Hyo asks, taking him by the arm to bring him closer. "Did something happen?"

 

Ji Hyo watches him as he slowly lifts his head to meet her eyes. This time, she couldn't decided if he was frowning, pouting or sulking, or all of the above. He looked quite comical but she didn't laugh. Overall, she had concluded that the man was in-between annoyance and discomfort. "I think your neighbor was hitting on me." He explains briefly, taking off his cap as he ruffles his hair into an organized mess.

 

"Okay?" Ji Hyo answers, puzzled, as if to say 'so what?'. Honestly, she couldn't see what the problem was. To her, saying no was as simple as reciting the alphabet. "Just tell her you're not interested." She advises simply.

 

As he walks over near the sink, he opens the fridge beside it and sticks his head to where she stores the drinks. "Are you trying to freeze your head off?" Ji Hyo laughs, pulling the younger man away before he does anything weirder. 
 

"I'm just checking what drinks you have." Kwang Soo reasons, as he walks back to the fridge to grab the carton of orange juice with pulp. "I thought you hated this?" He thinks out loud, taking the juice box and shaking it to show her.

 

"I do."

 

Grabbing the Minion mug, he checks on her expression and plasters a cheeky smile on his face. Ji Hyo was glaring at her. "Okay..." He playfully comments. "The Captain America cup it is then." As he pours himself a glass of pulpy juice, the tall man could see the ace scrunching her nose in disgust at the sight of the orange pulp sticking to the sides of the mug. "Why do you even buy this if you hate it so much?" 
 

"Because you keep asking if I have it!" Ji Hyo gives out, right before landing a loud smack across the back of his head. "Bring your own next time." She hisses. 
 

Expecting a smug retort from the maknae, she throws him a menacing glance only to find that he was rubbing his head pitifully. She was about to feel sorry for him but he speaks. She thinks he knew she was going to feel bad for him. "If you're really apologetic, you would take a big gulp of the juice." Kwang Soo challenges childishly.

 

When th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter