| Ground Rules |

No Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eo!" She says, pointing at his half-lidded eyes. He was dozing off, his long arm thrown over a pillow as his sharp shoulders peek out of the white fluffy blanket on Ji Hyo's bed.

"I wasn't sleeping." He denies. 
 

This is the second time they have slept together, the first was two days ago. 

 

It was a regular Saturday night. Ji Hyo was never the one to ever send a text message first, which was why he was bewildered when his phone beeped in the middle of another Star Wars marathon. 
 

Her message read: "I'm bored." 
 

Chuckling to himself, he adjusts his glasses and picks up his phone as he types a response hastily. "Geuraesso?"

 

On the other end of the line, Ji Hyo scoffs at the cheeky reply. "Bring noona something nice." She types. The actress knew he would never come over into her house alone, he never has. In one way or another, he would always bring someone else with him, sometimes it was Ha Ha, but more often than not, it was the nagging Kim Jong Kook. To be honest, she was bored out of her mind and she had thought that a good way to pass time was to annoy a certain dongsaeng. 
 

However, a few minutes had passed since the message was sent but the reply never came. He usually answers almost instantly but weirdly enough, not today. Maybe he fell asleep, she thought. 
 

Bummed that she didn't get to pass time by annoying the tall man, she tosses her phone onto the couch and plops down on its cushiony seats as she busies her fingers to check if anything good was on TV tonight. And just as she found what seemed to be a romantic comedy, which she scrunches her nose at, the doorbell rang.


Groaning, she gets up once again, smoothing out her clothes before she opens the door. 
 

"Ya, wae geurae?" She exclaims, eyeing her dongsaeng from head to toe. Before she could even notice that he was wearing a black shirt and faded blue jeans, what caught her eye was the massive bag he was holding in his hand. 
 

Bunching up his eyebrows together, he closes his mouth to begin his explanation. "Eh? You told me to come!" He says, handing the bag over to her. "Here." 
 

As confused as he was, Ji Hyo checks the contents of the bag to find a few bottles of soju and what looks like two servings of soondae and jokbal. "Wae?" She asks, motioning to the bag full of drinks and takeaways. 
 

Kwang Soo tried not to roll his eyes at her question as he reaches for the phone in his pocket. After a few taps on the screen he brings the phone close to her face to see. "BRING. ME. SOMETHING. NICE. That's what you said!" He exclaims frustratingly. "This is when you say gomawo, Kwang Soo ya."

 

Ji Hyo couldn't help but laugh at his exasperated expression, so in between her hearty chuckles, she mumbles a sarcastic "gomawo, nae dongsaeng".

 

Walking straight to the kitchen island, she empties the bag and places the food on the table neatly. But as she was about to pick at a piece of jokbal that looked particularly juicy, she notices how silent it was. Kwang Soo was just leaning by her front door. "Are you expecting me to bring you food over there?" She remarks dryly. "When are the others coming? So you can join me." Kwang Soo never entered her house alone, he would usually call over another person because despite everyone calling them siblings, the two knew they were far from it. They are very good friends, yes. Some would even say best friends, but out of respect for his noona, he dare not come into her place by himself. He was raised in a traditional Korean family and though they were in their thirty's he just felt awkward being in a space alone with her and mostly, he had done so to avoid potential rumours.

 

"Are you sad again?" He asks from the front door. Kwang Soo didn't plan on coming over, but since Gary had just left the show, his noona seemed to have not taken it well. Ji Hyo was starting to question her place in the show and often asked Kwang Soo if she had done well. The actress has always been introverted and she had always found it challenging to speak up, but having the oppas and her dongsaeng helped her to overcome it.
 

But now that Gary is gone, she felt like she wasn't contributing much to the show. So when she had texted Kwang Soo, he had taken this as a sign that she might be feeling down again, which was why he immediately drove over with a bag full of alcohol and greasy snacks.

 

"Mworago? Why would you say that?" She answers, pouting her lips as she splits the wooden chopsticks in two. "I was just bored. Ilawa." She calls, gesturing him to come inside.

 

But Kwang Soo was having none of it, having found that his noona felt fine, he prepares to bid her goodnight. "I'm going." He says, reaching to close the front door. 
 

"Haish. What are you doing?" She shouts, pointing her chopsticks at the tall man as she shoots daggers his way. "I can't finish this on my own!" 
 

Her eyes were big and her eyebrows now meeting together. Ji Hyo hates when food gets wasted and there was no way she was going to throw away a portion of perfectly good food. 


"B-but... The hyungs are busy." He explains. "They can't come right now." 
 

"What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter