| The Play |

No Strings Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wah. Jinjja da." Kwang Soo exclaims as he slides into the passenger seat of his own car. Ji Hyo insisted that he should let her drive back on their way home, something about his bad driving. "I can't believe you really tricked me into seeing a play." 

 

Buckling her seatbelt, the actress adjusts the rearview mirror to put on some lip balm. "Trick you?" She says, arching an eyebrow up. "I guess I should tell my hoobae how much you hated it."

 

"A-ani... I didn't hate it." 

 

"Wae?" She asks as she reverses out of the parking spot carefully but accurately, a clear contrast against Kwang Soo's shabby driving skills. "Were you expecting us to go somewhere else?" She adds, the hidden meaning of her words hanging up in the air.
 

Eyeing Kwang Soo as he busies himself with uncapping a bottle of water, she could tell he was pretending not to hear her. "Your place or mine?" She blurts. And at this very second, Ji Hyo felt glad that they were in his car, otherwise he would've been coughing up water on the leather seats of hers. "A-ani..." He weakly answers in between attempts of clearing his throat. The water went down the wrong pipe at Ji Hyo's straightforward question. "I..." 

 

"Arasso. I guess I'll just drop myself home first."

 

But instead of the silence Ji Hyo was expecting, Kwang Soo leans his head against the window and pulls out his phone from his coat pocket, he was fiddling with it now. "Turn left here, then keep going straight." He instructs suddenly, not even bothering to look up from the screen of his phone.

 

And as much as Ji Hyo would like to play dumb, she figured she'd just comply. All the members know where the maknae lives and there was no point in flustering him. Ji Hyo couldn't take another awkward encounter with her dongsaeng today.
 

A few minutes after Kwang Soo gave her the directions, the car was filled with silence. Ji Hyo has been gauging what Kwang Soo had been thinking the whole time because he seemed to be so immersed with whatever he was looking at on his phone. His eyes darted across the screen back and forth as his cheeks flushed occasionally. 

 

"Ya!" Ji Hyo calls, startling the tall guy. "Are you really watching right now?!"

 

"EO???" He exclaims in disbelief. "I'm not!"

 

Frowning at the flustered look on his face, Ji Hyo couldn't help but scoff. He knew that look. Men really are something else. "Don't you lie to my face." She warns, wagging an accusing finger in front of him, causing him to sink into his seat. 

 

Ji Hyo thought that was the end of that, until he spoke up once again. His forehead scrunched up and his long arms crossed against his chest as if he was a spoiled five-year old boy. Tossing his phone face up onto her lap, he explains briefly. "I can't believe you would think I would watch right here."

 

And since Ji Hyo was driving, she couldn't really keep her eyes off of the road to look at what the childish man was showing her on his phone. "Ya, let's just say I believe you." She coos sarcastically, gesturing for him to take his phone back. "Take this now before it falls on the floor."

 

"Hyeee." He replies with a sigh as he extends an arm to retrieve his phone from her lap. "You're so stubborn, noona." Pocketing his phone for now, he points towards a familiar gated entrance. 

 

"Ara." The actress says. She's been here a couple of times since the maknae has moved in, it's a very nice and homey area if she was being honest. 
 

Driving past the security, she swerves into the underground parking lot, making Kwang Soo hold tightly onto his seat. 

 

"Noona, we're already here. Jesus." He scolds, he doesn't appreciate Ji Hyo's 'reckless' driving. This is exactly why the hyungs never let her drive and now, he was contemplating his decision to have her drive him home. Whenever it's just the two of them, he loses all will to argue with her. 

 

Finally parking the car safely, the giraffe takes note of the way the car just about touched the pillar on the parking lot, thanking the heavens that his one-year old car did not get scratched.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter