Three

Something As Sweet As You

Sana keeps coming back to the shop anyway, and Tzuyu keeps spelling her name wrong on purpose. At first Sana worries that Tzuyu is actually mad over that one time (contrary to what Nayeon says), but the sixth time it happens Sana is surprised to find Tzuyu waiting for her when she comes to get her drink. 

"Uh, hi." Sana smiles awkwardly at Tzuyu, and out of the corner of her eye, Sana sees Nayeon lurking nearby, listening in.

"Hey." Tzuyu smiles back, and it's so cute that Sana decides right then and there that risking another round of mortification is worth it if she can talk to Tzuyu.

"So, um, sorry about the other day. I know your name isn't Chewy," She pauses when Tzuyu winces at the name. "But I was really struggling with it. Not my greatest moment. I can pronounce it now, though," she quickly amends.

Tzuyu just laughs and brushes it off. "I know, Nayeon told me. And I'm sorry for misspelling your name. Just wanted to tease you for a bit."

Sana giggles in relief. "I have to admit, it was pretty funny."

"Good to know," Tzuyu smirks, and that's the end of their conversation that day. But Sana doesn't care, she's over the moon right now because finally, finallyshe has had an actual (albeit short) conversation with Tzuyu.

-

Sana's days are considerably better now, and she knows it's because of Tzuyu. They've gone from politely smiling at each other to asking "How are you today?" to making small talk when there aren't any customers waiting in line, and Sana thrives off of these small, friendly interactions.

Eventually, Momo has finally had enough of Sana running off to some coffee shop without her (her best friend doesn't even like coffee, what the heck?) and forces Sana to bring her to the shop so she can meet this Tzuyu girl that Sana has been non-stop blabbering about. Sana complains all the way there, but the moment she steps into the shop she brightens up at the sight of Tzuyu, and Momo's annoying presence is long forgotten. The change doesn't go unnoticed by Momo, who narrows her eyes in suspicion, but when she sees Sana beaming up at the tall girl at the counter (who she assumes is Tzuyu), she finally understands.

It's spring for Minatozaki Sana. Her best friend is in love, and Momo's not quite sure if Sana knows that herself, but she's radiating so brilliantly that how can she not be

She watches as Sana waltzes up to Tzuyu, as they exchange pleasantries and smile at each other, as they fall into a routine that exists only between the two of them. 

Momo thinks that people in love are beautiful.

"You like her, don't you?"

Sana chokes on her drink at Momo's sudden suggestion, spluttering wordlessly for a bit before she can think of a response. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Her friend smirks. "Don't lie to me. I saw the way you looked at her."

Sana doesn't respond, and Momo takes her silence as acceptance. "You guys have known each other for what, five weeks? She seems to like you enough, go ask her out or something."

"It's not that simple," Sana whines. "We've only ever talked to each other when she's working. I don't even have her number."

Momo shoots her an incredulous look. "Look, you guys have been talking for so long that it would be totally normal if you just went up and asked to hang out sometime. Keep waiting for too long and you'll be a grandma by the time anything happens. Or worse," she jerks her chin at a male student who is up at the register, talking to Tzuyu. "Someone else comes along."

Someone else comes along

Momo's words echo and bounce around in Sana's mind for a few days, and she hates the fact that it bothers her more than it should. It bothers her to the point that both Nayeon and Tzuyu notice, so Tzuyu stops her when she pulls out her card to pay one day.

"It's on the house."

"What? Why?"

Tzuyu shrugs. "You seem down. It's the least I can do for a regular like you." She winks as she says "like you" and it makes Sana freeze up on the spot. 

It's now or never, Sana thinks, and she attempts to flirt back. "Are you this nice to other girls?" She tries to wink but it comes out as a blink instead and immediately after she speaks Sana wants to curl up and hide. She should have chosen never.

If Tzuyu notices, she doesn't say anything thankfully and just laughs and says, "No, just you," and suddenly Sana isn't so worried anymore.