News.

Turn around once more.

He hasn’t seen her around for a few months. He went to ask the security guard if she moved. He was told she’s still the owner. “Do you have her number? Call her! Didn’t she tell you? She’s at Spain for some project. She told me so.” He was informed by the minimart owner. He did it again, he waited and did nothing. That’s how he neglected her. That’s why she left him eventually. He f*ucked himself up. [When will you be back?] He pondered and sent her a text. [You don’t need to know.] She’s still as hostile. He rolled his eyes. [Your apartment caught fire.] She called him instantly. “What?! Just mine?” She asked anxiously. “I’m... just joking.” She hung up on him and sent him a [middle finger emoticon] text. He laughed out. She’s undeniably more fun now compared to before. 

Korean news reported about her work in Spain. She has won yet another prestigious award. Her design was impressive. It also stated when she’ll be back to Korea. JooHyuk arranged no schedules on that day and waited patiently by her door step. She looked at him and the trash he’d made around her entrance area. He followed her closely and stepped into her place together. She ignored him as she unpacks. He switched on the tv not disturbing her while occasionally stealing glances at her. She slumped next to him after she’s cleared her stuffs, run the washing machine and taken a long shower. His shoulder felt a weight. She’s fallen asleep. He shifted her so she could lay on his lap instead. He too fell asleep shortly as the tv continue running. He woke up a few times feeling sore on his legs but seeing her still sleeping soundly, he ignored the pain and doze off again.

“Lunch?” He woke up when the doorbell rang. He joined her at the dining table. She has already started eating. “Where’s your table manners?” He’s irked that she didn’t wait for him. She merely shrugged and continued slurping her jajungmyeon. He mumbled while unpacking what she’d ordered for him. He thought it’s the same. “I don’t like jajungmyeon... you know that!” She heard but ignored him. “Yah!” He exclaimed. It’s a bento set that contain his favourites. There’s tteokbokki, fried chicken, beef slices and white rice. “Don’t eat if you are gonna complain” She said. “I’m gonna eat now. Hey, can u pour me a glass of water?” He asked while globbing down his food. “Please.” She said. “Huh?” He asked. “Manners.” She mentioned. “Fine! Please?” He gave up. She left her seat and got him ice water. He feasted happily. ‘She still remembers what I like! She remembers!’ He didn’t notice her looking at him with a glad smile.

“Not leaving?” She asked as she packs up their finished empty boxes. “No.” He said. “But I am.” She informed him. “Where are you going again?” He asked. “Work. What else.” She shared. “But didn’t you just come back...?” He’s concerned. “Errands.” She told him. “I’ll be your chauffeur then.” He offered. “No need, thank you.” She declined. JooHyuk didn’t care and waited for her. He grabbed her keys when she’s prepared. He likes seeing her dress up ready for work. She looks every inch professional. 

Letting out a sigh, she gave up and let him be. The entire evening he’s with her, he realized her job which looked easy actually has more than it seems. She meets different people in those few hours, she looks into every single details. Yet not once she rants about feeling tired. Instead she looks happy. “You love your job...” He casually said. “Yea, it gives me a sense of satisfaction. Yours too, isn’t it?” She smiled at him. His heart skipped a beat. “What?” She looked at him weirdly when he kept staring at her. “Drive!” She instructed. They were being horn at when he did not drive off when the traffic lights turned green. “You smiled. At me. For the first time.” He beamed gleefully. She rolled her eyes at him.

He’s been sponging on her the entire day. She treated him willingly. “For being my driver.” She gave him the direction to their dinner place. It’s a rundown shop owned by an old granny. “Grandma! I’m here!” She shouted out at the empty place. “SungKyung? Is that you?” An old lady appeared from the kitchen. “Yes! Didn’t I call saying I’m coming with my driver?” She said. JooHyuk can’t believe she’d introduced him as her driver. He’s trap between wanting to laugh or kill her. “Omo! Look at you! The numbers increased but you still look the same!” The granny hugged SungKyung affectionately. “Aren’t I prettier? They say oversea air makes one more...... glamorous?” SungKyung laughed at her own statement. JooHyuk watched over them fondly. 

“Is he your driver? He looks too young to be one! Lee SungKyung! What kind of do you have?” The granny reprimanded her. JooHyuk controlled his laugher. “He really is my driver. Only today. I’m still having a bit of jet lag. Right... he’s too young, right?” She asked. He didn’t like what she’s emphasizing. “No… How about you pay him to be your boyfriend instead? Your mom will be dancing around the moon” The older lady suggested. JooHyuk liked that idea. “Nope. You can pay him to be your boyfriend instead.” SungKyung joked. “What rubbish!” Granny smacked her. 

“Young man... grab her. She looks rough but has a very soft heart....” The older woman whispered to JooHyuk during SungKyung absence. “What did you just say? What did she say?” SungKyung asked both JooHyuk and the old lady when she came out of the washroom. “Nothing....” Both answered in unison. The three sat down, ate and drank in merry. “Don’t need to. Just go back and rest. JooHyuk ah…. Thanks for today.” She stopped him from sending her to the door step. She pressed his level on the lift button. JooHyuk pressed his palm over his pounding heart hearing his name on her lips.

----------

[Breaking! Nam JooHyuk was found to be dating Suzy for 2yrs before breaking up months ago. Was Lee SungKyung the third party? Pictures of the duo at multiple occasions caught on camera!] There was him driving her car. There were old pictures of them jogging together. JooHyuk cursed. Not wanting to implicate SungKyung, he released a statement via his company. [Confirmed dated but did not end the relationship due to third party involvement. Please refrain from circulating false information that might hurt anyone.] He received SungKyung’s text. [I don’t care. It’s fine. Write whatever.] It’s her way of telling him his career is on the line, not hers. They can write whatever about her. He smiled. He felt her support. 

[Breaking! Sources who know Nam JooHyuk and Lee SungKyung revealed they once dated for 15yrs since his primary school days!] Many were amazed by the long term relationship. Yet even more are curious on why they broke up. No one gave any comments. Reporters went to her office. She ignored all without any acknowledgement. They caught up with her colleagues asking if she’s this rude and cold. “You people actions are distasteful. Shove off.” Her colleagues protected her. With bad attitude tagged to her, clients still flogged to her. “If she’s what you’ve written, why do we still want her service? Think about it. You people are disgusting.” Even clients gave no attention to the reports about her. JooHyuk realized she proved her capabilities and credential through her work ethics. It’s a known to those who worked with her. He’s proud that she did her ground well.

----------

JooHyuk has been asked about her during his magazine photoshoot interviews. He declined to say a word. They threatened to freeze him. He coolly nodded, ignoring their threats. SungKyung was informed by her colleagues who browsed the entertainment news on JooHyuk’s situation. She too noticed he’s been kinda free lately. Judging by the increased number of text he’d sent her. He’s been labelled as aloof and arrogant for not complying to questions during interviews and making things difficult. She guessed they must have asked him about her, about them. She can’t help but be slightly worried for him. Picking up her phone, she dialled a number. “Sorry. But I need a favour...”

His phone rang nonstop. His manger called informing him the apologies from several magazines. He’s puzzled. “Your ex-girlfriend gave an exclusive interview!!!” JooHyuk jumped up from his bed and read the link his manger sent.

 

Q: What inspire you to be in this industry?

A: I guess it started off with me having an interest in sketching. Then I met someone. Fell in love. And one day he casually said that it will be awesome if I can build our own house in future.

Q: Is that the same person you dated for many years?

A: Yes. We bumped into each other recently when I came back. He’s still the same him. Warm and dependable. Not sure why there are articles of he’s rude and arrogant. I’m sure those who are close or have worked with him before know best.

Q: Even after the breakup, you are still painting him well. Were you the one who let it go and went overseas?

A: I’m not saying all these just because yes I’m the one who initiated it. It has come to a point where we need to rediscover ourselves. Look at where we are now. I believe we both achieved what we want.

Q: Are you not dating because of him? Since you two met again recently. Those lingering feelings perhaps?

A: Of course not. I’m actually kinda busy. Him too? But I do go on dates and stuffs.

Q: Yes. We heard about those dates. Your charms are irresistible.

A: Thank you. I hope I’ve not accidentally destroyed anyone relationship.

Q: We heard about that too. That you are kinda thick in this area. Work is your only joy.

A: You know me best. Shall we go for cakes now?

 

It seems like an unnecessary interview but somehow it disclosed JooHyuk in a different light. While photoshoots have lessen, those who worked with him knows he’s been always humble and learning on the go in the industry. He himself wasn’t bothered. His earnings are still more than sufficient to feed his entire family if he ever get boycott in the entertainment industry. “Tell them it’s fine. I accept their apologies but sorry I’m not available to appear on their magazines cover.” Most high-end brands had to separately invite JooHyuk for shoots as magazines could not get hold of him.