Ignored.

Turn around once more.

“Over here SungKyung!” JooHyuk turned his head instantly when he heard the name. He’s having a gathering with the drama crews; the project he’s involved in that wrapped up recently. A few tables behind his but he could not confirm whether it’s her or not. Her back view seems to be so. He kept turning back at the pair. “Hey. That dude keeps looking at me. Do I give off a gay vibe? Yah! Yah! That’s the famous actor Nam JooHyuk! Look! Look! I bet you know nothing... I’m wasting my breath and excitement…” 

SungKyung stunned a second at the familiar name from the lips of her subordinate. She turned and their eyes met. “Ah... famous actors look like this nowadays huh.” She returned to her food without any fuss. JooHyuk saw her nonchalant reaction. His heart tightened when she looked away from him in split second. His palm fisted when he saw her dinner mate grab her face. “Stop thinking only about raw materials! You’ll be single forever!” He shook her. They laughed together. JooHyuk took the scene uncomfortably. He didn’t like their closeness. He didn’t like how she allowed other man to touch her that way. 

“Don’t be late tomorrow. You got that!” JooHyuk heard her say as she walked pass him like any passer-by. “Don’t seduce more men tomorrow! You got that!” Her dining mate bickered back. JooHyuk couldn’t stand her giggles created by another. He disliked the content of their conversation. His eyes followed them all the way till they are outside of the restaurant’s entrance. She never once turned back at him. When he saw them going different direction, he gave chase. ‘They are not a couple!’ That was his thought. 

“Wait!” He grasped her wrist. “Yes?” Her voice no longer contained the eagerness like before. “How are you?” He asked. “I’m fine. Is that all? Goodbye.” She freed from his hold and sighed, not wanting to continue their interaction. He felt that. His heart recoiled when she walked away without hearing him out. Until he no longer catch her back view did he went back into the restaurant. He felt exhausted. She’d drained his energy in that short coincidental meetup. 

“Who’s that? Someone you know?” The rest asked him, surprised to see him anxious over someone. The JooHyuk they know hasn’t shown any emotions for the opposite species. Not even for his current girlfriend whom they know of. They have wondered why and how they got together in the first place and even concluded that JooHyuk will be the one being dumped. “Yea. A long-time friend who I lost contact with.” He gave a fake smile. “She’s very pretty. She caught my attention when she first walked in!” One said. “Hey. Don’t tell me.... She’s one of your ex-girlfriend?” Another chipped in. JooHyuk nodded honestly to the crew who are like family to him. “She dumped you? Didn’t we tell you so? If you continue like this, you’ll always be the one being dumped!” The eldest in the group chided him. “She’s a good catch… But hey, don’t you guys think I’m pretty fine too?” He tried to joke about it. They felt his heavy heart and quickly change the topic. The boy got dead drunk that night.

JooHyuk woke up with a headache and decided to jog it off. SungKyung ran pass him again. He’s very sure it’s her even though it’s 10am on a weekday where she’s supposed to be at work by this timing. The first thought he had was she’s staying around this area. He changed direction, ran towards her and caught up. “Are you staying around here?” SungKyung regretted not putting earphones during her jogs. Actually, she had noticed him the first time when they coincidentally brush pass. “You should continue your own jog.” She ignored his presence. Not wanting him to know where she’s staying, she stopped at a minimart. He kept up with her for 1.5hrs. “Hold on! Why do you keep walking away so abruptly?” JooHyuk held her back when she’s about to walk off by her own. “Goodbye.” SungKyung answered him. “Wait!” He didn’t like how she’s treating him. Now that she’s standing there looking straight at him, he’s lost for words. “Can’t… can’t we be on friendly terms?” He asked. “It’s not necessary. I have a life. You have yours. Let’s stay that way. There’s nothing between us to catch up, is there?” Her words cut him deep. 

“I’m sorry okay! I’m sorry! I’ve been a bastard to you! I know that!” He let loose his frustration. Catching people eyes on them, she calmed him down. “Ok. Chill. I get that message loud and clear. People are watching.” She hissed not wanting to be involved or appear on any tabloids. She’s pissed. He shut it immediately. “See you, aunty!” SungKyung waved at the minimart owner and walked away from JooHyuk. He dare not follow anymore. “She usually stops by at 8am, 12pm or 7pm. You’ll catch her here if lucky. But boy, you must have done something... she looked angry.” The old lady shared. “Yea... I’m trying to make up for it. Thanks aunty. See you around.” He said politely. “Oh. Can I get a signature please? Thank you! You are so handsome in person. For that… SungKyung stays in that building.” She pointed to the building he’s living in.

----------

[Nam JooHyuk on a jogging date? Who is the gorgeous lady next to him?] Pictures of them were taken. JooHyuk slammed his fist on the table. ‘Now she’ll hate me even more!’ Another article posted online shortly after. [Isn’t she the multiple award winning talented architect Lee SungKyung? 35 years old with an established career. Did it all started from being neighbours?] They have dug out her information. JooHyuk cursed. 

“Who is she? How did you know her? Why not we tell the public we are dating hn?” Suzy asked her boyfriend of 2 years. They got together after their drama ended. She’s the one who confessed and convinced him it’s alright even if she loves him more. All she hopes is he likes her, a little is good enough. She loves him for the attentiveness he has on minor details. She loves him for the respect he has for women. He has never been interested in girls but those pictures captured him having all sorts of emotions for that girl. She can’t help but feel jealous because he has never shown her those. 

“She’s a schoolmate, staying around here. I wouldn’t know if we didn’t bump into each other. That should not be the reason to go public on us.” JooHyuk briefly shared. Deep down, he didn’t want SungKyung to know about his current relationship status. “We’ll be fine. What’s wrong with public dating?” Suzy pressed on. “No. We talked about this before, right?” JooHyuk was getting irritated. “Let’s go. I’ll send you home now. I’m tired.” He suggested. The lift stops at level 4. SungKyung stepped in and recognized JooHyuk instantly. She took a glimpse and faced away from the capped pair. JooHyuk cursed in his mind. He’s holding Suzy’s hand. But he silently thanked god that Suzy has a habit of looking down to avoid eye contact whenever someone joined them in the lift. 

“Uncle... is there a new resident at level 4? I saw a new face today.” JooHyuk asked the security guard when he came home after dropping Suzy back at her own place. “JooHyuk ah! You two met? Don’t worry. She’s not a stalker. She moved in recently. Her name is SungKyung! She’s a very nice girl. Unit 04-02.” The old man assured. JooHyuk got what he wanted. He stopped at her unit but no one answered the door. Their timing clashed. He couldn’t get to her.

----------

He yawned as he parked his car at basement 2. It’s 3am. JooHyuk stretched his body. Filming ended late today. The lift stopped at basement 1. His eyes widened. It’s SungKyung. As usual, she disregarded his presence. “This late?” He asked. “Hn.” She replied flatly. “Busy?” He tried again. “Hn.” The same respond from her. “All the time?” He’s not giving up. “Hn.” She mindlessly acknowledged. “Taken breakfast?” He’s getting pissed by her replies. “Hn.” Again the same tone. He started to frown at her responds. 

JooHyuk followed her out of the lift when it reached her floor. She stopped and turned around suddenly. He flustered at the physical collision. He hasn’t been so close to her. It felt awkward. “What do you want? Didn’t I make it clear already?” She told him off coolly. “I just want to be friends again.” He said. “Best not.” She advised. “Why?” He’s curious. “I don’t feel any friendliness when I see your face.” She disclosed. “Because of the past?!” He raised his voice slightly. “Not really. There wasn’t any hoo-ha when we broke up. Just that… There’s no need to remain friends now. Not like we’ll contact one another. Let’s just continue with our own life.” She suggested. He didn’t like every single word from her. She shuts the door at his face. JooHyuk sighed. He can’t blame her for being this way. He’d wasted 15years of their time. She didn’t ask for anything. He didn’t give any too.