Three

starry night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The more I squeeze you out of my body 
It becomes lingering attachment,
Overflowing the bathtub 
My sigh fills the room
 
- Starry Night / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                  ***
 
After that long, hurtful retrospective, Byulyi found herself inside the bathroom, sitting in the bathtub. The water was high enough to reach her chin.
 
 LHer head throbbed like a motherer but she was used to it. Waking up having a hangover was not a foreign feeling for her.
 
She always thought that before the day ends, the painful feeling would vanish and would make her do the same thing to feel more and more pain.
 
 LByulyi never thought to harm herself physically. She thought that it was a nonsense act and shouldn't be done by anybody. 
 
It was better for her to hurt herself with the past instead giving herself a permanent and visible scars. 
 
She tried to take away the pain by closing her eyes and thinking about happy things, but she failed when she saw Solar's face inside her head. When will you leave my mind? 
 
A teardrop fell that followed by another. She wouldn't let her heart win that time, so she stopped her sobs from coming out.
 
But her mind failed her again. 
 
Next thing she knew, she was letting her body submerge into the cold water. 
 
                                                                  ***
 
"Byulyi?" 
 
Solar called for Byulyi who was sitting beside her. They were stargazing on Byulyi's veranda. 
 
Byulyi glanced at her without saying anything. She just wanted to savor the moment and stare at Solar's perfect features. 
 
"I want to travel the world," said Solar without even taking her eyes off the night sky. 
 
Byulyi looked away when she heard her girlfriend. She doesn't want to respond to her words because she knew where it would lead them. 
 
"I want to see the clouds up close. I want to meet different kinds of people." She was still looking above.
 
Byulyi looked where Solar was looking, only to see an airplane flying beneath the dark clouds.
 
"We already talked about this, Yong,"
 
Of course, you will not understand. 
 
Solar's eyes started to water. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying in front of her girlfriend. The older just nodded without throwing a glance at her girlfriend. She wanted to be mad at her for being selfish, but her heart was fast on forbidding what she wanted.
 
You will never understand.
 
Solar got up and made her way to Byulyi's bed. She faced the wall and slept without saying good night and giving Byulyi her good night kiss.
 
                                                                  ***
 
The weather wasn't nice, but for Byulyi, it was a wonderful day. 
 
Solar texted her to inform her that she'd be leaving the school at 3 p.m., that's why she was happy. It's been 2 weeks since the last time they saw each other. Byulyi had been working on her individual thesis papers and couldn't get a free time. 
 
Solar was busy doing their business plan and practicing for their group practical examination. 
 
That were the things that Solar said to Byulyi when she was asking about school works. Normal Byulyi would lend a hand and help Solar with their group practical examination, it was related to dancing and Byulyi would be a great help. 
 
But Solar immediately refused to take the offer. 
 
Because the real thing was Solar was busy on attending seminars related to her ideal job: Stewardess. 
 
Byulyi and Solar already talked about Solar not pursuing her dream job and would start a life with Byulyi after their graduation. They have been girlfriends since they were fourteen, Byulyi already made herself clear about the reason behind it. 
 
She doesn't want Solar to leave the country, and being a Stewardess would put Solar's life at stake. Byulyi just wanted to make sure that Solar would work in a safe environment without making Byulyi worry about her safety. 
 
Fifteen year-old Solar agreed to Byulyi and made a promise to get a safest job after graduating. At first, Solar doesn't have any problems with it. There was a sudden change of heart when Byulyi said her reasons. 
 
As time passes by, Solar was slowly growing up and has built a strong desire to do what she wanted to do. She was slowly understanding the difference between her wants and needs. 
 
And she finally found out that Byulyi was selfish for brainwashing her and made her believe that being a Stewardess was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter