Epilogue

starry night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day just like any other, repeats over and over again 
But I wait for tomorrow anyway 
 
Right here, by myself at the end of the day 
Until, until the dawn comes 
I'm tracing what you left behind
 
- Starry Night / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                  ***
 
"Hey, have you seen Solar? I haven't seen her since she told me she's going to get something," Solar's cousin shook his head slowly. 
 
Byulyi pouted. "Okay, maybe I'll find her myself, then. Thanks!"
 
She spotted Solar's mother outside with her mom.
 
"Auntie, where's Solar?"
 
Her mother answered her. 
 
"She left,"
 
"I know, she told me about--"
 
"No, she left the country."
 
Byulyi was furious when her mother told her about Solar's departure. 
 
She was throwing anything inside their house. Her heart was full of rage that time it hurts. Byulyi wanted to cry, but no tears wanted to come out from her tired eyes.
 
"Mom, please tell me that you're joking," said Byulyi. She kneeled in front of her mother and the old woman looked away. The look on Byulyi's face was one of the reasons why Solar chose to leave without saying goodbye. 
 
Solar just couldn't bear it.
 
"Stand up, Byulyi. You need to understand Yongsun," 
 
She lowered her head as she keeps on pleading. "I am willing to understand everything, just please, tell me that she's still here."
 
Her mother shook her head many times. "She left, Byulyi. Please understand that she needs to fulfill her dreams,"
 
"I can help her fulfill it! Can't she do it with me?" Her voice broke. 
 
"Are you sure you can? You just stopped her from doing it, Byulyi."
 
She wasn't able to say things. Her mother was right.
 
"Cool your head. Maybe she left you because she's too good for you."
 
                                                                 ***
 
Byulyi, once again, found herself sitting at the end of the pier. Her gaze was far away from the blazing sun. 
 
She was staring at the horizon blankly. Her mind was flying somewhere and she doesn't know where. 
 
A small figure of a woman sat beside her, looking at the horizon before shifting her gaze at her. Byulyi felt something weird to the woman right next to her. She wasn't the one whom she called earlier. 
 
"Don't let yourself to get drown alone, Unnie. Take me with you,"
 
Hyejin's soft voice entered Byulyi's ears. The presence of the woman alone could make her smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter